Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally's Christmas Wishes

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, December 25, 2010, 10:13:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

In the ADG today the Elf had Christmas wishes for various Arkansas sports figures.  I thought his comment for Pel a bit odd.  I still can't tell if it was a bit tongue in cheek or back handed compliment.

"John Pelphrey:  What do you get someone who appears to have it all, a beautiful loving family, a great paying job, and a boss who believes in you until death do you part?"

For Steve Shields it was the final of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.  For John Brady, the same.   For Corliss players that can trap. Etc and so forth but for JP nothing.  Basically this said to me WH's attitude about JP is that he could continue to suck, lose players, not go to the post season, or whatever and it doesn't matter so why wish him anything.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PonderinHog

baconsizzle

Very funny, thanks for sharing. I'll have to check it out.

thirtythree

I can't stand Wally Hall. I do agree with you though., Hard to tell what he meant without that Cap'n Crunch decoder ring.

Fletch

Maybe Pelphrey is to Long what Nutt was to Broyles.
I feel like $100

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Lando Calrissian

This says Jeff Long doesn't care about basketball.

I wonder where I've heard that before??   :P  :razorback:
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 26, 2010, 07:45:35 am

With the way the program is going, Long has that in common with a lot of people.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 26, 2010, 07:45:35 am

I wonder where I've heard that before??   :P  :razorback:
That's what got me scratching my head. He should understand the importance of having a championship contender in basketball, being a former AD from the Big East.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Pissed Pig

Wally Hall is a douchebag. period. Doesn't matter whom is talking to , with, etc. his job is to sell papers.

eathill5

I wonder what he wished for?  It should have been a pair. 
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

HF#1

I haven't cared for his wishes, opinions, columns since I was born.  I guess that means I've never given a rats hairy backside.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jesterzzn

I hate Wally Hall.  Well, that sounds mean, so I hate Wally Hall as a sports writer.  No, wait, he almost never writes about actual sports.  Hmm.

Okay, got it.  I hate Wally Hall as a society page writer who focuses on sports celebrity name dropping.

Yea, that's about right.