Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE RECRUITING GUY : Possibility of playing time, atmosphere intrigue RB

Started by Tomhog™, January 22, 2008, 09:45:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

"I thought the whole process was top-notch," Mike Dean said. "You can't really do any better or present yourself any better and have the history. The University of Arkansas is a top-notch D-I school. I think what it's going to come down to for Aundre is going to be basic relationships. There's absolutely nothing on the downside with the visit. It's been a great visit."

AuburnHog

Let's hope for some unusally bad weather in LA when he visits UCLA.  We need something to offset the cold weather he experienced in Fayetteville.

Hawgvillain

It sucks that it was like one of the coldest weekends of the year when AD was here...

AuburnHog

He seemed really positive about his visit otherwise.  He just seems to really not like cold weather and it seemed an important enough factor for him to mention it in an interview. 

Porkerpower

That cold weather part could be a factor.  Hopefully not, but following Fayetteville up with College Station, then L.A. will be a big contrast.

My fingers are crossed.

iseeredpeople

My $ is on UCLA. The weather plus big city plus norm chow equals tough to beat.

Conway Cool Daddy

I really want this kid to be a hog.

I just don't see it happening though.............

:'(

jgphillips3

Quote from: iseeredpeople on January 22, 2008, 10:47:36 am
My $ is on UCLA. The weather plus big city plus norm chow equals tough to beat.

Of course, Norm is not known for offensive balance.  He is known for the passing game.  If this was a WR or QB I would be more worried about his allure.  The beach, girls and big city worry me a lot more.  Of course, it is one hell of a long way from Houston.  I like our chances.  I wish we had been in on him earlier, but Petrino's history of featuring bruising running backs like Bush could be a big asset coupled with our proximity to Texas and playing in the best football conference in America.

jim hog

HERE'S AN offset. Parts of Califorinia will be drinking filtered sewer water later this year. On the news last evening. Parts of the state are running out of water. The thought of being forced into this thing would get me to Fayetteville. Go hogs.

hawgtime

Dang the weather.  why did we have to get the coldest week in the past three years just when he decides to visit?

maybe Tyson needs to invest in some large mirrors and very large space heaters.  artifically extend the daylight by 6 hours and then pump up the heaters in NW arkansas.  I am sure it would help their poultry also.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jim hog on January 22, 2008, 12:23:22 pm
HERE'S AN offset. Parts of Califorinia will be drinking filtered sewer water later this year. On the news last evening. Parts of the state are running out of water. The thought of being forced into this thing would get me to Fayetteville. Go hogs.
What do you think they drink in Houston?  I lived in houston for a long time, and I would rather die of thirst than drink even a sip of the city tap water.  It is that bad.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

That sucks to hear about M. Robinson.  The recruits we are losing recruits are in our biggest need areas.  Hopefully, we will get some good guys in.  I think we will be okay next year regardless, but we really need to get some good players in here to start developing into future stars.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

OnYourToes

I think we came out looking better then the rest of the schools he has visited so far.

I hope we stay at the top of his list.

It is a question of picking up where DMAC left off or going to more of a pass oriented offense and be the back later on.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

ksrazorback

Great story.... Richard, thanks Tomhog - It seemed the whole family was excited and warmed by the visit!!

Would like to know "Jennifer Dean said the family has a list of 10 things they look for in a school that's important to them, and after each trip they sit down as a family and do a review."

The coaching staff came across genuine and he felt close, maybe a chance there!!

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 22, 2008, 09:45:49 am
TRG's Recruiting Report
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

PorkSoda

Anyone notice how ESPIN has been reporting that BP was stand offish and not a players coach?

"We got to talk to Coach Petrino, and he's a great guy," Dean said. "He was real, real close to the players. He was always around. I talked to him and he was holding conversations with us."

seems to blow that theory out of the water, huh?

CallThemHawgs!

I said the weather would play a factor last week, and what happend? I got negged 10 freakin points.

These guys look at weather when making a decision, and that frigid weekend will hurt us.

hogman1974

I live in Los Angeles (I went to Arkansas for college and my parents live in Eureka Springs) and unfortunately the weather here in Southern Cal is just always perfect.  I am praying for some terrible whether when he is in town.  But I doubt that will happen.  Hopefully it's not all about the weather for him.  He can play immediately for the hogs.  Also, Fayetteville weather is beautiful in the fall and spring, too.  Just hot/muggy summers and cold winters. 

fullfan

Whether or not we actually get Dean to come to the UofA, I am happy to hear the positive reports from the kids and parents about the way this staff conducts its visits.   It sounds like they respect the fact that kids have other offers but do not allow the UofA to take a back seat to anyone.   They are recruiting these kids like Arkansas is a premiere D-1 destination which in fact we all know is true!   Go Hogs.

Come on Aundre it will be warm next week.