Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another committment this coming weekend....

Started by jml, January 21, 2008, 11:14:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shshark00

Quote from: jml on January 22, 2008, 12:53:18 am
Anthony Oden                                           Glen Dorsey

6' 9"                                                        6' 2"
295                                                         300
4.87                                                        4.92

I'm not saying he's the next GD. But you half to be blind to think this kid's stars, offers or ranking is screwed up. A great coach could turn this kid into an amazing player.

Now I can't fail to mention the public relations office would love the exposure of the little brother to one the hottest NBA players around being on the field as well.  

How can you compare him to a DT? The guy is TE/DE that is coming to the UA to play OT. He will put on another 15-20 lbs. and be pretty much the same size as Nate Garner but a little taller.

jml

One thing I will say is it seems Petrino is one step ahead.
Put a FORK in the DORK! He's done!

big john

john goodwin

big john

john goodwin

jml

Quote from: shshark00 on January 22, 2008, 12:59:14 am
How can you compare him to a DT? The guy is TE/DE that is coming to the UA to play OT. He will put on another 15-20 lbs. and be pretty much the same size as Nate Garner but a little taller.

There you go. Nate Garner, just taller, faster and more athletic. Man you sure do prove a point. Who would want that guy?

jml

I bet he would take your schollie for beating him in chess.

big john

i agree with you on that BP wont take no crap off no body which is a good thig let them no if your looking he is to .
john goodwin

shshark00

Quote from: jml on January 22, 2008, 01:09:00 am
There you go. Nate Garner, just taller, faster and more athletic. Man you sure do prove a point. Who would want that guy?

I'm not trying to say I don't want him and I'm not saying he isn't athletic. What I am saying is when you pickup a 2* work in progress you don't say "good job" and when Nutt takes away a 2* work in progress (a la Josh Tatum) you turn around and say "blah, blah, typical crappy recruiting", "blah,blah, yea go ahead and take our worst recruit who wouldn't help us anyways." All I'm saying is I'm tired of the hypocritical comments.

big john

i under stand what your saying ,i am in the dark just as you are with no stars at all ,we may find out soon .
john goodwin

passinghog

but what if that 2* has 15 offers from Nebraska, Wisconsin, NC State to name a few? ( a 2* that didnt send any tapes to the recruiting services, by the way)
Then say the other 2* was not offered by either instate school, Alabama or Auburn? and also got very little interest from any other SEC school...

jml

Passinghog is a smart man. To compare Tatum to Oden is foolish. By the way, does this Oden look like he's 45 as well?

shshark00

Quote from: passinghog on January 22, 2008, 01:22:24 am
but what if that 2* has 15 offers from Nebraska, Wisconsin, NC State to name a few? ( a 2* that didnt send any tapes to the recruiting services, by the way)
Then say the other 2* was not offered by either instate school, Alabama or Auburn? and also got very little interest from any other SEC school...

even if any of the bold accurate, which no one here has backed up these claims, it doesn't change the fact that he is a 2* and it's not an excuse to be hypocritical.

shshark00

Quote from: jml on January 22, 2008, 01:24:43 am
Passinghog is a smart man. To compare Tatum to Oden is foolish. By the way, does this Oden look like he's 45 as well?

I was looking at some stuff about Oden and Tatum and I came across this in an old article of Tatum's.

Arkansas was Tatum's first offer, but he believes that both Alabama, Ole Miss and Louisville were on the verge of doing so as well.

That led to the inevitable question on what he would do if the homestate Crimson Tide did come in with an offer now. "I am taking this commitment very seriously," Tatum said. "The way I was raised is to be a man of your word. If you make a commitment, your word is golden and that's what is going to happen with me. I am not going to diss on Alabama because they have helped me a lot at camps. But like I said, I am a Razorback and that's set in stone."

jml

Wow is that your favorite word. Is it your word of the day? It's midnight, time to change to a new word. How about....

DELUSION
A delusion is commonly defined as a fixed false belief and is used in everyday language to describe a belief that is either false, fanciful or derived from deception.

bcshog

Quote from: tendu on January 22, 2008, 12:15:46 am
wow my 100th post.........

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=722214&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2f2%2f722214.html
+1 despite the gay dancing spiderman avatar

3kgthog

Now we can run a tackle eligible play. Sweet. Come on CBP. Do it against Ole Miss.

HoggyWayne

Being Greg Oden's brother, being from a talent rich state and having the connections may be worth more than his ability, in the long run. I sure hope so.

Lonnie Earl

January 22, 2008, 07:55:44 am #67 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:02:33 am by Lonnie Earl
All I need to know is that Oden is a 17-18 year old kid that is 6'8"...  around 300 lbs... and the kid runs a 4.8 forty!
It's easy to find a position for guys with that kind of size and athleticism. DE/DT/OT/TE/OG/C

PS... Garner and Tatum prolly run closer to a 5.8 than 4.8 in the forty ;D
lol

beansandtaters

He's also been rated as a TE/DE. I doubt the rating reflects him as an OT. Regardless, a guy with those measurables WILL at the very least add to depth on the OL.

SquidBilly

Could you imagine him at DE rushing the QB.  Don't see too many passes making it over him.  He is by all accounts a good B-ball player which tells me he has good hands and probably a real nice vertical jump. 

hogchic2001

Quote from: passinghog on January 22, 2008, 01:22:24 am
You sir are correct about the stars.  It is all about sending in tapes and things to that nature.  This guy is a stud and what a pick up he will be!
Go HOGS Go!

wholehog92

I trust the rating of other offering schools over stars myself.  With the list just mentioned here, it's impressive.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

SONofHAM

Where has it been stated that his position at UA will be on the O-line?  I think this guy can play any position on either line.  Are we just assuming he goes to the O or has a coach said that is the plan?

For my money, Hall is overrated at 4 stars.  I'd love for him to be a Hog, don't get me wrong, but he'll need lot's of work.  I think he got the high rating solely because of his height.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

PorkSoda

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 22, 2008, 12:55:34 am
I  Looks like the same thing he did to Devon Thomas doesn't it?
BP has been recruiting Oden for a couple weeks, before it Hall started waivering.  I think he wanted both.  I think BP merely planning ahead.  he's got 7 or 8 spots left and is on like 15 guys.  Regardless of which ones commit or decommit, BP will have a good class lined up.   It's a tough situation he is in with all the slander by ESPIN, and only having a short time to get these guys convinced.  I'm not so worried about offense, but Defense is where he will have a tough time convincing these guys that he is legit.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

arklahoman36

Quote from: Lonnie Earl on January 22, 2008, 07:55:44 am
All I need to know is that Oden is a 17-18 year old kid that is 6'8"...  around 300 lbs... and the kid runs a 4.8 forty!
It's easy to find a position for guys with that kind of size and athleticism. DE/DT/OT/TE/OG/C

PS... Garner and Tatum prolly run closer to a 5.8 than 4.8 in the forty ;D
lol

If that 40 time is coming from Oden's HS coaches, I suspect it's more like 5+ than 4.8.