Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Guys

Started by raginwildfire, January 21, 2008, 03:22:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

raginwildfire

We got the Fairview boys locked up I think....anyone have any info on the Warren 4?

ballhog88

Bacon The Saddle Again

We're not sure we have Curtis from Camden locked up yet.  As for the Warren quartet, Basmine Jones said in an article on scout or rivals that he was confident all four guys would be Hogs.

jimmur74

Gus Malzahn was in Hamburg last week to watch the Warren kids play basketball.  Said the rumor was that none of them may come to Arkansas.  Have no info to back this up, but know it was circulating.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 21, 2008, 04:35:04 pm
I believe we have all 7 (Camden and Warren) locked up. I will be surprised to see any of them switch.

That's great news.  It sounds like we've done quite well with QBs and WRs.  Hopefully there are some gems we don't know about on the defensive and offensive lines and linebacker.  I also hope we land some of these secondary guys.

regi

Quote from: jimmur74 on January 21, 2008, 04:33:34 pm

Gus Malzahn was in Hamburg last week to watch the Warren kids play basketball.  Said the rumor was that none of them may come to Arkansas.  Have no info to back this up, but know it was circulating.

He got a commitment from some kid in Warren (Lambert) not on any SEC or Big12 teams radar. Gus said they might not come to UA?

SquidBilly

Quote from: jimmur74 on January 21, 2008, 04:33:34 pm

The closest any of these guys will get to the Tulsa team is Nov. 1 at RRS.  Gus is a good coach but not enough to make a kid want to go to a CUSA school over a SEC school.  Case in point Tyler Wilson.

Tomhog™

With the new wide-open offense and two top notch QBs in Wilson and Mallett, why would anyone think they'd switch?  Petrino has made it very clear they all have a legit shot at playing early and often.

bighog77

January 21, 2008, 05:04:01 pm #9 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:07:13 pm by bighog77
I hear that Bo Hembree is encouraging the warren guys to go to Arkansas.   Petrino has seen all of them and Nutt only saw a few of the warren recruits recently.  HDN called and was going to set up a visit with the warren guys.  Bo told him that Paul Petrino was already scheduled a vist on the date HDN wanted.  HDN decided he also wanted to visit them the same day.  Bo Hembree,the recruits,Paul Petrino and HDN all ate together at a cafe in warren.  This shows the kind of ego HDN has. HDN didnt see all the warren guys that day.  Petrino did.   HDN during the lunch was saying Warren is all about Pine Trees. Then he ate some coconut pie and said its all about Coconut pie. Guess he didnt have alot to say. LOL  I take that back not sure if any recruits were there for the lunch.

SquidBilly

And I hope Paul stuck Hootie with the bill!!!

jj202020

Jones' academics are shaky.

I'd guess the Hogs chances of getting Wright are about 85%.

Childs and Gragg are Hogs for sure.

hawgwash

Quote from: bighog77 on January 21, 2008, 05:04:01 pm
I hear that Bo Hembree is encouraging the warren guys to go to Arkansas.   Petrino has seen all of them and Nutt only saw a few of the warren recruits recently.  HDN called and was going to set up a visit with the warren guys.  Bo told him that Paul Petrino was already scheduled a vist on the date HDN wanted.  HDN decided he also wanted to visit them the same day.  Bo Hembree,the recruits,Paul Petrino and HDN all ate together at a cafe in warren.  This shows the kind of ego HDN has. HDN didnt see all the warren guys that day.  Petrino did.   HDN during the lunch was saying Warren is all about Pine Trees. Then he ate some coconut pie and said its all about Coconut pie. Guess he didnt have alot to say. LOL  I take that back not sure if any recruits were there for the lunch.
Is this for real???   :o

bighog77

Quote from: hawgwash on January 21, 2008, 05:27:28 pm
Is this for real???   :o
Yeah I think it is. I dont think he would lie. The guy I got it from is the veterinarian in Warren.  Think its legit. He also said Jai Wright also liked Texas Tech alot because of there pass happy offense. 

hawgwash

Thanks and +1 for the response.  Unbelievable.  Like, Guess who's coming to dinner?

jgphillips3

Consensus is that we are good with all seven kids.  Now, there is always the possibility one or two could drop out, but the posts I have seen on here from those that should know along with Richard Davenport's info seem to indicate that we are good with all of them.

IronHog

Quote from: bighog77 on January 21, 2008, 05:04:01 pm
 HDN during the lunch was saying Warren is all about Pine Trees. Then he ate some coconut pie and said its all about Coconut pie. Guess he didnt have alot to say.

Silly Nutt.

Warren has a Pine AND Hardwood sawmill.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

shshark00

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2008, 04:39:29 pm
The closest any of these guys will get to the Tulsa team is Nov. 1 at RRS.  Gus is a good coach but not enough to make a kid want to go to a CUSA school over a SEC school.  Case in point Tyler Wilson.

Although, Charles Clay did choose Tulsa over offers from Arkansas and Miami.