Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting is going great !!

Started by Conway4Hogs, January 21, 2008, 01:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Conway4Hogs

January 21, 2008, 01:56:47 pm Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:34:45 pm by Conway4Hogs
Nutt hasn't stolen squat and won't..
So we lost a couple kids that watch way too much espn and have man love for that freak of a lair at ole piss  ...Let me just say when ALL the instate kids sign with us including Adams and we continue to dip into other states for excellent talent this recruiting class will go down as one of the finest in many years.
Stop worrying and raising a red flag over this weekends activities.  Kids that went with nutt NEED to be with nutt. I can assure you we are in excellent shape on the kids we need and want.
The panic actions by some not all, but some of you only add fuel to a little bitty flicker that nutt and his losers are hoping to spread.
To borrow a phrase from Animal house  "Remain calm...All is well"

Starting today and until signing day GREAT things are going to start happening on our front.

Have any of you stopped to think that maybe Coach Petrino isn't one to get a kids name thrown out there just as fast as he says yes?  Maybe he wants to give a young man time to make sure he makes the RIGHT decision the first time...Maybe Coach Petrino knows that a person needs time to make sure he makes the right decision...Nutt makes a kids commitment public so fast it just messes you up.

TechHog

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no and it's not over now...  Who's with me?"

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: +1 to you my friend.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: TechHog on January 21, 2008, 01:58:41 pm
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no and it's not over now...  Who's with me?"
Count me in!!!!  Hell no its not over!!!!!

hvsupastar

"I thought that movie made money"
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

forrest city joe

I will say it again. what have we really lost to Ole miss?the RB from Texas, is a good player. but we have a more highly recruited RB in D. curtis. i am not worried about this class. for as late as coach BP and his staff got here. they are doing just fine. and let me make this clear. any player who wants to play for a loser like the coach who was fired, instead of a great coach like BP. let them go. we do not need them.

havok

Exactly..

Look at the kids that Sign with Nutt and what you see now, is what you will see in 4 years.  (Especially on Offense).  Players do not show any measurable improvement or development on Offense with the dork. 

Big Austin

That tight-end we SUPPOSEDLY lost(FEB. 6 is Signing Day), Is he going to start over Andrew Davie, Ben Cleveland, or D.J. Williams?  Let him go be an extra blocker if he wants to.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Big Austin on January 21, 2008, 02:11:26 pm
That tight-end we SUPPOSEDLY lost(FEB. 6 is Signing Day), Is he going to start over Andrew Davie, Ben Cleveland, or D.J. Williams?  Let him go be an extra blocker if he wants to.
Right on the money. in Nutt's offense, the TE is really an extra OT. this kid is not a loss at all.

Conway4Hogs

I forgot to add also...Any kid that views ole piss's facilities as equal or better than ours?  Needs to stay with that kool-aid selling lair....I am a season ticket holder to Arkansas and have traveled to ole piss to support our PLAYERS in their games against the webels and I can plainly state without ANY hesitation that their facilities are only slightly better than Mississippi state because they actually have urinals in their high school stadium unlike the concrete ditch at state.

Doomon

It was Japan, not Germany.  Who really cares I hope that you are right !!!! :razorback: :razorback:

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: Doomon on January 21, 2008, 02:23:32 pm
It was Japan, not Germany.  Who really cares I hope that you are right !!!! :razorback: :razorback:
WOW....You clearly aren't a fan of John Belushi

SquidBilly

I think it was the Japanese actually but who's counting  :)

Anyway to add on to the original post there is a reason the NCAA allows 50 official visits while only allowing 25 scholarships.  No school gets 100% of the kids they are targeting but as long as you target the best 50 you can find then getting 25 of those ain't so bad.  I think that is what Petrino is doing.  He's bringing in the best 50 he can find this late in the game and he will end up with 25 players that can contribute.

HogNuttz

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2008, 02:20:49 pm
Right on the money. in Nutt's offense, the TE is really an extra OT. this kid is not a loss at all.

I wouldn't say he is not a loss for 2 reasons.

1) I don't think he has switched as of yet, has he?
2) He has the measurables to play several positions, so he could be a loss.  However, if he does play TE for Ole' Miss, well, it certainly isn't much of a gain for them.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

SpiritHog

You never watched Animal House?
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Seebs

Sigh
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Seebs

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2008, 02:26:46 pm

Anyway to add on to the original post there is a reason the NCAA allows 50 official visits while only allowing 25 scholarships.  No school gets 100% of the kids they are targeting but as long as you target the best 50 you can find then getting 25 of those ain't so bad.  I think that is what Petrino is doing.  He's bringing in the best 50 he can find this late in the game and he will end up with 25 players that can contribute.

Double sigh
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Conway4Hogs

Germany?  Japan?  It doesn't matter at this point...From this point forward all sneaky cowardly attacks shall be referred to as "Nutted"

havok

Quote from: Seebs on January 21, 2008, 02:30:49 pm
Double sigh

I concurr....I guess "Animal House" no longer required Viewing in America Any More????  I guess kids today are too busy being forced to watch Al Gore Global Warming Fraud movies...instead of Traditional Classic Comedies.  Next you will tell me young people don't know about "Blazing Saddles"  either..

jgphillips3

I think we have to remember that Nutt knows he can't make a program better than someone else's program.  He feels like he has to bring ours down by stealing our recruits to lessen our program to give him a chance against us.  I think he feels that if he takes a recruit from us, it is like getting two recruits.  The problem with that is that Petrino will do more with the talent he gets than Nutt could ever imagine. 

I agree with those that think recruiting is going great.  I suspect we will hold 90% of the guys we want and may get a pleasant surprise or two come signing day.  Go Hogs!

Grateful Hog

Quote from: SPIRITHOG on January 21, 2008, 02:28:45 pm
You never watched Animal House?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life, son.
(ringing a bell?)

musiccityhog

You're kidding, right?
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

TLFHAWG

Quote from: Conway4Hogs on January 21, 2008, 01:56:47 pm
So we lost a couple kids that watch way too much espn and have man love for that freak of a lair at ole piss  ...Let me just say when ALL the instate kids sign with us including Adams and we continue to dip into other states for excellent talent this recruiting class will go down as one of the finest in many years.
Stop worrying and raising a red flag over this weekends activities.  Kids that went with nutt NEED to be with nutt. I can assure you we are in excellent shape on the kids we need and want.
The panic actions by some not all, but some of you only add fuel to a little bitty flicker that nutt and his losers are hoping to spread.

Starting today and until signing day GREAT things are going to start happening on our front.

Have any of you stopped to think that maybe Coach Petrino isn't one to get a kids name thrown out there just as fast as he says yes?  Maybe he wants to give a young man time to make sure he makes the RIGHT decision the first time...Maybe Coach Petrino knows that a person needs time to make sure he makes the right decision...Nutt makes a kids commitment public so fast it just messes you up.
Great Post, +1  GO HOGS

DukeOfPork

Good God.  For any of you who have not watched Animal House, it is REQUIRED VIEWING for all American males.

In fact, they shouldn't even hand out testicles to anyone who hasn't seen it.

TechHog

Quote from: havok on January 21, 2008, 02:38:09 pm
I concurr....I guess "Animal House" no longer required Viewing in America Any More????  I guess kids today are too busy being forced to watch Al Gore Global Warming Fraud movies...instead of Traditional Classic Comedies.  Next you will tell me young people don't know about "Blazing Saddles"  either..

" Excuse me while I whip this out...."

TechHog

I guess with school out, there are a ton of kids on here that haven't seen the National Lampoon classic.

rljjr

Quote from: PorkPariah on January 21, 2008, 02:56:39 pm
Good God.  For any of you who have not watched Animal House, it is REQUIRED VIEWING for all American males.

In fact, they shouldn't even hand out testicles to anyone who hasn't seen it.

That's correct.

I've spent the last half hour talking to a kid from Pigsknuckle, Arkansas.

How's it feel to be an independent Schoenstein?
How's it feel to be an A-hole Neidermeier?

Do you mind if we dance with yo dates?
Leaving! What a great idea!

Hey Otis! He loves us!

Great flick.

tusksincolorado

Go watch the movie!  DUH!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: Conway4Hogs on January 21, 2008, 01:56:47 pm

Do you care to enlighten us why you think everythings going so great with recruiting, or are you just wanting to get some parting shots on people no longer associated with the UofA?

Hawgballz

Since you were correcting the Animal House quote, I think you should know that the NCAA allows 56 official visits, not 50.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hawgwash

Quote from: rljjr on January 21, 2008, 03:22:30 pm
That's correct.

I've spent the last half hour talking to a kid from Pigsknuckle, Arkansas.

How's it feel to be an independent Schoenstein?
How's it feel to be an A-hole Neidermeier?

Do you mind if we dance with yo dates?
Leaving! What a great idea!

Hey Otis! He loves us!

Great flick.

Or, as Nutt likes to tell WRs after they play their last game as a senior:  "You f''d up, you trusted us".

OKCHawg

Quote from: hawgwash on January 21, 2008, 04:55:29 pm
Or, as Nutt likes to tell WRs after they play their last game as a senior:  "You f''d up, you trusted us".
" My advice to you is to start drinking heavily".

rushhog

"Somebody's gonna have to go back and get a S**tload of dimes"

SultanofSwine

What in the wide, wide world of sports are ya'll talking about?

Signing day is when I will get excited either positively or negatively. Until then it's all speculation. And besides that, who really gives a rats arse what the Dale is doing down in OxFord, celebrate the fact that it is happening in the great state of Mississippi and NOT IN ARKANSAS.

NuttHugger

"Seven years of college down the drain."

We can educate a lot of people with this link.  It is 1:40 into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VclHtnoTqRA
John White "What you gonna do with a tree that big?"

Jimmy Sexton "Bend over and I'll show you."

bleacherHOG

Legacies always get in, but Kent Dorfman was an exception

'My Brother?'

Oh man the days of sitting in the PIKE house watching Animal House.  Sorry to say I did not realize how good it was.

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on January 21, 2008, 03:39:53 pm
Do you care to enlighten us why you think everythings going so great with recruiting, or are you just wanting to get some parting shots on people no longer associated with the UofA?
Bingo !!!!  We have a winner....It doesn't matter what anyone on this board tells you in a positive way because the only thing that will make you happy is someone saying that nutt was coming back to coach...Go ahead and smite me some more hugger...Better yet go join your man on the ole piss board.

moley_russells_wart_hog

they dont ,  its twue its twue

4razorbacksinky

I gave you a +1 but the Japs must hate you. -6?
Fear the Tusks!

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on January 21, 2008, 03:39:53 pm

I will enlighten you as to our optimism. Try Lavunce Askew(solid), Ryan Mallett, Joe Adams(just looked but he looked), Aundre Dean(looker). Need I go on. If so, go to the commits thread and you will see we have a rock solid start to a good class. After you're done there, go jump off a cliff. I'm tired of the negativity!
Fear the Tusks!

VenturaHog

johnfanman

These two sound like nutt sympathizers to me...i think they are officially on double secret probation from this point on.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

NuttHugger

Quote from: W.MemphisHog on January 21, 2008, 06:44:50 pm
I'm with ya but Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

Watch the link please.  We know the Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor but that doesn't mean Belushi knew it in Animal House.
John White "What you gonna do with a tree that big?"

Jimmy Sexton "Bend over and I'll show you."

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on January 21, 2008, 06:48:34 pm
I will enlighten you as to our optimism. Try Lavunce Askew(solid), Ryan Mallett, Joe Adams(just looked but he looked), Aundre Dean(looker). Need I go on. If so, go to the commits thread and you will see we have a rock solid start to a good class. After you're done there, go jump off a cliff. I'm tired of the negativity!

Don't look now, but 90% of these commits were on board in November.  Now, they are all of a sudden worthy?  I thought this was a good recruiting class all along.  Why would I jump off a cliff?

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on January 21, 2008, 10:47:03 pm
Don't look now, but 90% of these commits were on board in November.  Now, they are all of a sudden worthy?  I thought this was a good recruiting class all along.  Why would I jump off a cliff?

Okay, did you miss someone leaving Fayetteville in November? I know they were committed but now some of the freaks (I assumed, maybe incorrectly, you were one) on here are concerned that Nutt is going to get every 1* or 2* kid we had committed. It was a good recruiting class, though with Dean, Adams and a few others, things are looking up. Throw in the fact that Mr. Mallett is on campus and I am encouraged. I take it you are not!
Fear the Tusks!

cityhog

you are dating yourself.  watch the movie and find the joke you are missing here.

SquidBilly

Quote from: johnfanman on January 21, 2008, 06:56:27 pm
These two sound like nutt sympathizers to me...i think they are officially on double secret probation from this point on.

Not a Nutt sympathizer at all I can assure you.  Couldn't be more happy that he is gone.  I have seen Animal House but I just was a little slow to catch onto the poster's joke is all.  I will try to see to it that it doesn't happen again.  :)

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on January 21, 2008, 10:52:23 pm
Okay, did you miss someone leaving Fayetteville in November? I know they were committed but now some of the freaks (I assumed, maybe incorrectly, you were one) on here are concerned that Nutt is going to get every 1* or 2* kid we had committed. It was a good recruiting class, though with Dean, Adams and a few others, things are looking up. Throw in the fact that Mr. Mallett is on campus and I am encouraged. I take it you are not!

You would be wrong.  I've got a wait and see approach with the class.  Like, waiting till signing day to crown or knock it.   FYI, I've liked this recruiting class since August and I could care less what a two star recruit does.    I don't remember saying I'm not encouraged with the way the class is going.  You said that.