Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can Ole Miss maintain Institutional Control

Started by brh, January 21, 2008, 01:20:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brh

over recruiting activities if recruits are allowed to mingle with the "locals" at the square as part of their official visit. I have read stories from several recruits that mention that a trip to the town square as part of their visit. I wonder how long this has been a practice and if there is any way they can control who comes in contact with and what they may say or do in front of a recruit. I am not alleging anything improper because it is a knife than can cut both ways. A recruit could be turned off or turned on by what an outsider may say or do. Does anyone know if recruits are openly mingling with the locals "on the square" or is it a controlled event that keeps the boosters at a distance?

Hawgballz

Quote from: brh on January 21, 2008, 01:20:00 pm
over recruiting activities if recruits are allowed to mingle with the "locals" at the square as part of their official visit. I have read stories from several recruits that mention that a trip to the town square as part of their visit. I wonder how long this has been a practice and if there is any way they can control who comes in contact with and what they may say or do in front of a recruit. I am not alleging anything improper because it is a knife than can cut both ways. A recruit could be turned off or turned on by what an outsider may say or do. Does anyone know if recruits are openly mingling with the locals "on the square" or is it a controlled event that keeps the boosters at a distance?

The Arkansas recruits went to the Catfish Hole Friday night for supper and the crowd called the hogs and several had conversations with some of the recruits while there.  There is no violation in the recruits meeting the public in the way and quite frankly it would be impossible to police every aspect of a recruits' visit and still let them see what the area is like.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!