Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope this helps for getting Dean.

Started by SquidBilly, January 21, 2008, 11:02:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SquidBilly

http://recruitingbuzz.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/daily_buzz_will_this_be_the_day.html

Seems like A&M went out and got a stud running back already.  Hopefully this will sway Dean to us.

Hawgballz

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2008, 11:02:19 am
http://recruitingbuzz.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/daily_buzz_will_this_be_the_day.html

Seems like A&M went out and got a stud running back already.  Hopefully this will sway Dean to us.

I believe our main competition for Dean is located in Austin & Los Angles.  Dean missed his scheduled visit to A&M before he came to Arkansas.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

blu

Well some folks think we got us a stud in DC. I happen to be one of them.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 21, 2008, 11:38:00 am
I believe our main competition for Dean is located in Austin & Los Angles.  Dean missed his scheduled visit to A&M before he came to Arkansas.

I think that Texas offering him depends on Darrell Scott.  Does anyone know when Scott is going to commit or is he waiting until signing day?

Hawgballz

Quote from: AnthroHog on January 21, 2008, 11:56:23 am
I think that Texas offering him depends on Darrell Scott.  Does anyone know when Scott is going to commit or is he waiting until signing day?

Signing day, I believe he is going to announce on the ESPN special (ala Joe McKnight).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 21, 2008, 12:04:46 pm
Signing day, I believe he is going to announce on the ESPN special (ala Joe McKnight).

Could be a bad thing if Dean goes ahead and commits to us.  Then on signing day Scott announces for Colorado or LSU, so Dean signs with Texas at the last moment. 

Who was that Defensive End that did the same thing to us a few years ago with him signing with Georgia?  I forgot his name, but think he transferred away from Georgia.

hkfuey

I don't know if RB's benefit greatly in Chow's system, but this could hurt us with Dean as well...

[urlhttp://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=764306][/url]

He's already a soft verbal with UCLA. 

Let's just hope that Petrino's pitch and his weekend on the Hill swayed him our way.

arkjay19

January 21, 2008, 01:17:41 pm #7 Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 01:21:29 pm by arkhog9
Aren't there questions about Johnson making the grade?  And isn't Shuler going the JUCO route?  And aren't Johnson, Barnett, Smith, and Curtis are all smaller speed backs?  Seems like it would be an easy decision for Dean to come in and be the main power back in Petrino's high octane Power Spread.

schmeck

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2008, 11:02:19 am

Well Cyrus Gray was ranked just one spot above D. Curtis as far as running backs go.  D. Curtis is a stud as well.  IMO Gray doesn't scare Dean away from A&M.  I think when it's all said and done A&M had the least chance of scoring him in the first place. I say it's UofA, UCLA, and TexAss in that order.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

jgphillips3

If Texas doesn't offer him until signing day, I like our chances.  That would tick me off if I was a good player.  I think I could understand them saying they needed to see if they had a scholarship available, but to make you wait until the last moment as a second choice, I am not so sure he won't be between UCLA and us by signing day if Texas doesn't make their move on him soon.

TheArkansasTraveller

Dean > Curtis      If you don't believe me, Youtube Aundre Dean.  Would love to have both players.

DoggtownHog

After watching youtube clips of both running backs, I am more impressed with our in state talent. Curtis is shifty and can take it to the house with just a small crease. He is similar to Felix but doesn't avoid contact as much as he did. Not saying that it was bad to avoid contact, just an observation based on the limited amount of footage that I have watched. Curtis needs to be our priority. Keep him and we'll be okay. I would love to have them both. Prostyle O needs two backs these days. Dean would probably make a good blitz picker upper also.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

The Realist

Did you seriously just say Dean will be good as a blocker?  Go look at his videos please and then tell me thats going to be his key asset as a Hog.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

HogNuttz

Quote from: arkhog9 on January 21, 2008, 01:17:41 pm
Aren't there questions about Johnson making the grade?  And isn't Shuler going the JUCO route?  And aren't Johnson, Barnett, Smith, and Curtis are all smaller speed backs?  Seems like it would be an easy decision for Dean to come in and be the main power back in Petrino's high octane Power Spread.

Curtis is shorter and weighs more so I would say he would be more the power back.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: The Realist on January 21, 2008, 04:19:51 pm
Did you seriously just say Dean will be good as a blocker?  Go look at his videos please and then tell me thats going to be his key asset as a Hog.

I don't think it's something you should just write off.  In an offense that passes a lot out of single back formations with no tight ends, the back has to stay in and block a bunch.  Granted, you don't offer a RB based soley on whether or not he can pick up the blitz, but in this offense, it's going to be a BIG deal.

The other side of that coin is you can coach how to pass block.  But if a kid shows that he does the "small" things with pride, such a feature pass blocking well, then it's a very good sign.

hogfan0307

Doesn't Dean and Curtis have a 'thunder and lightning' type feel?