Not sure if De'Anthony Curtis takes his official to Oxford, MS

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, January 21, 2008, 02:20:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 21, 2008, 02:20:25 am
With them getting a committment tonight from Click Me

I saw that about noon, but I don't think that a 3* RB with a 4.69 40 time is going to make DC turn away, now if the 5* RB Davis commits then that would be another story.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 21, 2008, 02:26:37 am
I saw that about noon, but I don't think that a 3* RB with a 4.69 40 time is going to make DC turn away, now if the 5* RB Davis commits then that would be another story.

Your right but that gives them 2 RB committs not including Devin Thomas.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SquidBilly

Hopefully he won't anyway.  With the huge offensive line he'll have here to run behind he should be able to do some damage on the ground.  Without getting too far ahead of myself our team seems to be shaping up on the offensive side of the ball as a team that will just go out and dominate with power.  We're looking to have a line that averages about 6'6" and 320 lbs and a QB that is 6'6" and 250 lbs.  We have some stud receivers and TEs and now all we need are a couple of stud RBs.  Curtis should be excited.

baitshop

That kid runs a 4.7.......our Fullback runs faster than that.........sign him up Hootie.......
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 21, 2008, 12:34:53 pm
It's all about the free trip anyways.  We haven't seen an in-state flip yet, and don't imagine we will.  I'm not worried.

I am starting to feel the same way.

arkjay19

He told Dennis Johnson they could be the next DMac and FJ, so hpoefully he will be heading to the hill no matter what.

ballhogger14u

nutty beat out vandy and southern miss for a lousiana running back lsu didn't even offer a scholly to. same ole nutt just gotto love him,(now that he is at ole miss)

TheArkansasTraveller

It's all about the free trip anyways.  We haven't seen an in-state flip yet, and don't imagine we will.  I'm not worried.

I hope your wrong.  See Joe Adams....

e_dub

ArKan5a5 KiD

If Curtis takes the trip to Oxford it'll just be for the pleasure of taking a trip on someone else dollar thats all. I truely believe that he'll be a HOG come Feb. 6th no matter what.

Throwback1

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 21, 2008, 02:20:25 am
With them getting a committment tonight from Click Me
I doubt DC would be worried about this kid,but doesn't matter. I think D will be a Hog.  If not, then it'll be OSU.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: Throwback1 on January 21, 2008, 09:45:38 pm
I doubt DC would be worried about this kid,but doesn't matter. I think D will be a Hog.  If not, then it'll be OSU.

Just to add to that. I work with a guy who's son is the cousin of Curtis and he keeps telling me that Curtis told his son that he was going to OSU. But i dont know if i believe that Curtis would come on TV and say "Yes Sir" when asked if he was still for sure 100% committed to the Hogs.

hog_fan

If Curtis is playing the hogs I find that very disrespectful

ArKan5a5 KiD

Yea i'd have to agree. If some for some reason he doesnt become a Hog and he said "Yes Sir" to saying he was going to sign on the dotted line and all that then i'd be kinda upset ya know. I mean i'm biased b/c i'm from Camden and i've watched him play for a few years now but if he played the Hogs like that i'd be very upset.

SquidBilly

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 21, 2008, 10:05:22 pm
Yea i'd have to agree. If some for some reason he doesnt become a Hog and he said "Yes Sir" to saying he was going to sign on the dotted line and all that then i'd be kinda upset ya know. I mean i'm biased b/c i'm from Camden and i've watched him play for a few years now but if he played the Hogs like that i'd be very upset.

Well nothing prevented him from signing on the dotted line this weekend but he didn't do it.  I'm tired of seeing these guys that say they are 100% Hogs or have wanted to be Hogs there whole lives not back it up by signing a LOI.  Don't misunderstand me, I have no problem with recruits taking visits.  They've earned the attention by putting in the hard work it takes to be considered among the best.  I have a problem when they say they are 100% committed and then don't back it up.

Throwback1

Cause Lord knows when we were 18 year old kids, we NEVER said anything we didn't mean or stick to.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

hawgwash

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2008, 10:17:38 pm
Well nothing prevented him from signing on the dotted line this weekend but he didn't do it.  I'm tired of seeing these guys that say they are 100% Hogs or have wanted to be Hogs there whole lives not back it up by signing a LOI.  Don't misunderstand me, I have no problem with recruits taking visits.  They've earned the attention by putting in the hard work it takes to be considered among the best.  I have a problem when they say they are 100% committed and then don't back it up.
Can't sign until National Signing Day.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2008, 10:17:38 pm
Well nothing prevented him from signing on the dotted line this weekend but he didn't do it..
LoL.  Except NCAA regulations...

justmaybe

Actually alot kept him from signing on the dotted line this weekend. You can not sign a letter of intent until Feb 6 by NCAA rules.

ArKan5a5 KiD

I understand that he is just 18 years old and we all said stuff at that age that i'm sure we didnt stick to. But why put yourself out there like that and then come national signing day decide to change your mind. I mean he knows the whole state of Arkansas is listening to every word he says ya know. I'm just saying that if he had any doubt then he shoulda just said "We'll have to wait and see" or anything along that line. He dont have to get all of our hopes up and then crush em. But in the end i dont see Curtis doing this but i'm just saying.

Throwback1

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 21, 2008, 10:26:17 pm
I understand that he is just 18 years old and we all said stuff at that age that i'm sure we didnt stick to. But why put yourself out there like that and then come national signing day decide to change your mind. I mean he knows the whole state of Arkansas is listening to every word he says ya know. I'm just saying that if he had any doubt then he shoulda just said "We'll have to wait and see" or anything along that line. He dont have to get all of our hopes up and then crush em. But in the end i dont see Curtis doing this but i'm just saying.
I think he'll be a Hog.  If he isn't, I'll still defend him based simply on the kind of kid I know he is.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Thats why i say i dont think he would do that b/c i also know how good of a person he is. Thats why i honestly believe that come Feb. 6th he will be a  :razorback:!

SquidBilly

You guys are right, my error.  There is an early signing period but that is only for JUCO transfers or guys graduating HS early and enrolling spring semester at their school.  My bad.

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: e_dub on January 21, 2008, 09:41:47 pm
Was Adams ever committed to the hogs? 

Nope.  He's been committed to USC-W all along.    He's an instate kid that would have to flip his commit to go to arkansas.    So I hope the moderator is wrong when he says all instate kids won't flip.   

shshark00

I think Matt Hall will.

razorbass

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 21, 2008, 03:46:25 am
Your right but that gives them 2 RB committs not including Devin Thomas.
Speaking of Devin Thomas I didn't see him as an Ole Miss Commitment on Rivals.

The_Bionic_Pig

Most of the people who talk to his family & friends don't seem the least bit worried.  That and him consistantly confirming he is going to be a hog leads me certain that he is ENJOYING HIS FREE TRIPS...  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: razorbass on January 21, 2008, 11:47:18 pm
Speaking of Devin Thomas I didn't see him as an Ole Miss Commitment on Rivals.

He has not committed to anyone else yet.  He has a visit scheduled to Az State for this weekend.  I don't believe he left us for Ole Piss, he just didn't like the way he was treated (I am not saying it was right or wrong, just that he didn't like it).

VenturaHog