Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WR's to DB's

Started by jsimpso3, January 20, 2008, 11:18:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsimpso3

i was wondering which(if any) of these wr's in this class might get moved to db's. it seems like we are going after a bunch and we all know what kind of shape our secondary is in.

Hog Fan from Camden

Jarious Wright can play both CB and Safety.  Joe Adams is a very good CB.

jsimpso3

i was sure adams would be a starter at corner and more than likely play both ways. i wasn't sure about everybody else. jay wright back there sounds good to me

J.A.Y.

I have a feeling Basmine Jones will be a stud safety for us...he can bring the wood.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: J.A.Y. on January 21, 2008, 09:33:20 am
I have a feeling Basmine Jones will be a stud safety for us...he can bring the wood.

I agree he has the size and speed of a d1 safety already, and he dont miss tackles

havok

I think we are gonna sign alot of receivers with the promise to give them a shot at Receiver...  but when they land 3rd/4th on the depth chart, they will be "Encouraged" to look at the shorter lines over at Cornerback to help the team.

Bacon The Saddle Again

I have a feeling that Cruz Williams and Jarious Wright will stay at WR.  Adams could go both ways, but he'll almost assuredly be playing defense.  Jones will probably be moved to the secondary. 

The fact that we're moving WRs over to DB says we should have good enough hands to haul down some INTs with these guys, huh?

forrest city joe

Has Adams commited, or did i miss something? i would love to have this kid.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2008, 02:11:25 pm
Has Adams commited, or did i miss something? i would love to have this kid.

No, it's all speculative.  But if he were to play on The Hill, I suspect he would be either A) full time defense or B) mostly full time defense while running 10-15 plays on offense.

jpenrod1

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on January 21, 2008, 02:34:19 pm
No, it's all speculative.  But if he were to play on The Hill, I suspect he would be either A) full time defense or B) mostly full time defense while running 10-15 plays on offense.

I hope we go with option B, but if i were to guess, our advantage we have over USC is that he can play O next year. If Joe was wanting to play D i dont see why BP coming in would make a difference. Joe wants the ball. D is where he needs to be, but i dont think it is where he wants to be.

TheArkansasTraveller

Looks like the Hogs will have alot of projects in the secondary next year.   

hawgwash

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on January 21, 2008, 02:09:07 pm
I have a feeling that Cruz Williams and Jarious Wright will stay at WR.  Adams could go both ways, but he'll almost assuredly be playing defense.  Jones will probably be moved to the secondary. 

The fact that we're moving WRs over to DB says we should have good enough hands to haul down some INTs with these guys, huh?
I believe you are definitely right about Cruz.  He didn't play defense even lat year in high school at PA.