Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taylor Stockemer? (ASU lean)

Started by dqhog33, January 17, 2008, 07:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dqhog33

What is going on with him?  Anyone have any info on him.  He looks really good on film.  6-4 200 4.5, and 37 vertical, not to mention 4.0 GPA.  I would like for the HOGS to get this guy.  Has anyone seen him play?

hog_fan

I think with so many good WR's in this class from Arkansas he is probably going to get left out. We just got a TE so I'm guessing he is out.

Kicking Wing

He's visiting ASU this weekend and he visited Air Force last weekend.  He had an offer from Kansas at one point, but I don't know if that's still on the table.

bjackson

i say go get him with that kind of size and speed we can give him a shot at wide reciever and if that doesn't pan out put some beef on him and move him to another position. his bloodlines are to good to let get away.

With the arrival of June Jones, SMU may be in the picture as well.

Oklahawg

Taylor is on UA's radar. More than with Nutt. Unfortunately, there are a couple of receivers ahead of Taylor in the UA wishlist. His only chance might be an academic scholie or a grayshirt.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 17, 2008, 09:18:18 pm
Taylor is on UA's radar. More than with Nutt. Unfortunately, there are a couple of receivers ahead of Taylor in the UA wishlist. His only chance might be an academic scholie or a grayshirt.
I imagine he is smarter than that.

SMU is in the picture apparently, but they haven't offered.

OKhogfan1959

I'm not going to say petrino should or shouldn't offer Taylor. I think some of the other teams like SMU should be all over that kid. He can play D1 and he can play at a high level.

SquidBilly

But if he came here on an academic scholarship he wouldn't be allowed to play without it counting against our 85 scholarship limit.  From all accounts that I've read on this board about him he seems like a good kid and a good football player.  I wish him luck wherever he ends up but I just don't see it being here.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 17, 2008, 09:56:26 pm
I'm not going to say petrino should or shouldn't offer Taylor. I think some of the other teams like SMU should be all over that kid. He can play D1 and he can play at a high level.
SMU should be all over him because they stink.

Of course, I am biased because I want to see in at A-State.

VenturaHog

January 18, 2008, 12:36:06 am #10 Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:32:15 am by VenturaHog
I bet he gets offered if the next two weekends don't go as well as planned.

Nate-Hawg

Good athelete, and we need more cerebral players. We make to many mistakes. Always have. Blowing leads, stupid penalties, etc...etc...

3kgthog

Saw the tape. Wasn't impressed. Not quick with the feet at all. Should put on some weight and be a TE.

KennelMaster

January 18, 2008, 08:33:15 am #13 Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:32:33 pm by KennelMaster
Quote from: 3kgthog on January 18, 2008, 01:33:22 am
Saw the tape. Wasn't impressed. Not quick with the feet at all. Should put on some weight and be a TE.
He's been timed at a number of camps and combines at 4.5 flat (+/-) and has THE FASTEST documented shuttle time (3.97) of any WR being recruited by Arkansas, including Joe Adams.  As a fact of interest, he and Joe ran the exact same 40 time and had the exact same vertical jump at the FCA combine last January.

Tripod1

Saw him in person.  Outruns all the defenders, good hands, smart, clean cut, stays out of trouble, very good grades, very polite, good track athlete.  I guess those atributes just don't measure up.  Oh wait, Nuttless is not there any more.  There is hope for players like Taylor now.  That being said, coaches at VB have said Kansas is on his wish list and I also doubt he would turn down a appointment to the Air Force Academy. 

oldfart

the problem with an academic scholarship is that once he sets foot on the field those are rescinded....

Big Austin

I was lookng through this past years Hootens and the had him listed as a DB.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Tripod1 on January 18, 2008, 08:38:35 am
Saw him in person.  Outruns all the defenders, good hands, smart, clean cut, stays out of trouble, very good grades, very polite, good track athlete.  I guess those atributes just don't measure up.  Oh wait, Nuttless is not there any more.  There is hope for players like Taylor now.  That being said, coaches at VB have said Kansas is on his wish list and I also doubt he would turn down a appointment to the Air Force Academy. 
He visited Air Force, but ASU routinely beats out all of the service academies for players.  Not many kids really want to commit to that lifestyle once they visit and realize the commitment after graduation as well.  It also doesn't help that there are not many girls at those academies.

I wonder if Kansas didn't back off since they offered before their big BCS season?

OKhogfan1959

I don't know what games you watched him play? I don't think you can argue with his times at several different events. Kid could grow into a great TE or even might end up being a great WR. Good bloodlines and he does seem fast on the field as well.

jackflash

Wonder if Tulsa has offered him. If you bring him on academies he won't count against this year. You could bring him in on next year class. I don't know if he would hit or not but I would try him at safety.

tophawg19

i was thinking the same thing jack. this might be the safety we are looking for
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

woo.pig

If E.J. Epperson does decommit and go to Ole Miss like rumored, does Taylor Stockemer get a look? They look very comparable...

Razorvet

I am sure I remember reading early this season he really wants to go to the service. If that changes then you find him a place on the team. I dont want him playing against us at Tulsa.

method_hog

Taylor is a solid, talented kid.  Grades, attitude, athleticism, the whole package.  He would need to hit the weights hard, but wherever he ends up, the training staff will make sure that get's taken care of.  I'm in agreement that he may be looking elsewhere just because there are other kids at WR that are on the wishlist right now.  Regardless, as an Arkansas kid, TS deserves our encouragement and support wherever he ends up.

Oh, Taylor....if you're reading this...seriously...if it's not Arkansas, don't make it OM.  Trust me on this, man. 

mcrabtr81

He's a good kid and great athlete.  Has a great pedigree, and is just a sound football player.  He's a good receiver and not a bad safety either.  He would be on a lot of recruiting wishlists if he wasn't hurt for a large portion of his Senior season. 

schmeck

He may not look fast, but he runs a 4.5 with a 3.97 shuttle.  The shuttle speed is a good test of agility and being able to stop, plant, and go. This usually (but not always) gives a good idea of how well a WR will run his routes.  With his kind of shuttle speed, he probably runs crisp routes.  I've never seen him on film or in person so this is just strickly speculation, but his numbers on paper are hard to argue with.  He appears to be a smart, high character guy from what I hear about him.  I really am suprised that Tulsa has failed to offer him yet, close proximity and all. I would  glady take him and hope that he gains 25-30 pounds and becomes a Jason Witten type TE.  He would be hard to cover by most LB's.  He would be a good pick up now that EJ is waivering.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: schmeck on January 21, 2008, 04:16:01 pm
He may not look fast, but he runs a 4.5 with a 3.97 shuttle.  The shuttle speed is a good test of agility and being able to stop, plant, and go. This usually (but not always) gives a good idea of how well a WR will run his routes.  With his kind of shuttle speed, he probably runs crisp routes.  I've never seen him on film or in person so this is just strickly speculation, but his numbers on paper are hard to argue with.  He appears to be a smart, high character guy from what I hear about him.  I really am suprised that Tulsa has failed to offer him yet, close proximity and all. I would  glady take him and hope that he gains 25-30 pounds and becomes a Jason Witten type TE.  He would be hard to cover by most LB's.  He would be a good pick up now that EJ is waivering.

If we lose EJ, I hope Taylor gets an offer in his place.

schmeck

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 21, 2008, 04:18:09 pm
If we lose EJ, I hope Taylor gets an offer in his place.

I'd take him over EJ today.
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

ArKan5a5 KiD

With the recent loss of EJ Epperson why not recruit this kid and turn him into a nice TE/WR for us??? I've seen this guy on rivals and he looks like he could be a good one if you beef him up a bit.

jackflash

If we have 16 committment now and we get Adams, Dean, Boyd and Webb. Do you not think the 5 other should go toward defense

Bomis Hawg

Not sure if Arkansas is in the works for Stockemer.  I'd love for him to end up there.

If not, Tulsa or Air Force would be nice.  Chad Hall has graduated AF.  He was a do-all for them -- played tailback, wide receiver, and returned kicks.  Seems that Stockemer has the ability to return kicks.  He could be their next go-to WR.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on January 22, 2008, 03:06:49 pm
Not sure if Arkansas is in the works for Stockemer.  I'd love for him to end up there.

If not, Tulsa or Air Force would be nice.  Chad Hall has graduated AF.  He was a do-all for them -- played tailback, wide receiver, and returned kicks.  Seems that Stockemer has the ability to return kicks.  He could be their next go-to WR.

Isn't SMU on him as well?
It wouldn't be bad to play for JJ down in Dallas.

(Well, the other JJ in Dallas.)

Tough to beat a military education though.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on January 22, 2008, 03:12:49 pm
Isn't SMU on him as well?
It wouldn't be bad to play for JJ down in Dallas.

(Well, the other JJ in Dallas.)

Tough to beat a military education though.

June would probably like to have Stockemer.