Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville Junior OT Colby Berna

Started by Tomhog™, January 09, 2008, 10:04:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Fayetteville High junior offensive lineman Colby Berna had an eye-opening experience in San Antonio this past weekend.

Berna (6-4, 275) – who helped lead the Purple Bulldogs to the Class 7A state title – was on hand for the U.S. Army All-American Combine Friday and Saturday at the Alamodome.

click here for more

Nice to see another outstanding OL home grown.  Bet Petrino keeps him.

ksrazorback

I agree Tomhog, Patrino will need "OL" Berna when this kid is ready to be a Razorback!!

Good post!! +1

:razorback:   Go Future Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Crusader

Yes-sir, no-sir kid from a good family.  During the state championship game, Fayetteville had to switch from a 45-pass-a-game offense to running their fullback/linebacker every play after the QB got hurt in the second series.  Berna not only handled the pass protection well, he also was the kid they ran behind -- at one point for 18 straight carries by Cody Hammer.   And, during the year, after they lost a couple of defensive lineman, Berna stepped in and went both ways when needed.  He is a true team player.

I love the University of Arkansas!! As a Yankee from Connecticut, whose understanding of college football came from an dad/uncle/bunch of cousins who went to Notre Dame, I love picturing what Arkansas must be like. I picture a bunch of crazed hillbillies, yelling pig sooey at all hours of the day, spreading gossip like wildfire and people running through the streets like Godzilla was on its way.

It's made even better by the fact they have the best player in country on their team and Houston Nutt is batsh*t crazy.  I'm rooting for Arkansas to win all its games....They need an NBC contract.  They need a reality show.  They need constant ESPN coverage.  They should have Gameday live from Fayetteville on a Tuesday for fun.

Comment by Edsall is God on Every Day Should Be Saturday, August 8, 2007

I'm not superstitious; just better than average stitious.

TheSherpa1

I lived next to him for the longest time. Good kid, I'll have to call him next year.

jr

Crusader

He and his family are going over the meet the coaches and tour the facilities on Saturday. 
I love the University of Arkansas!! As a Yankee from Connecticut, whose understanding of college football came from an dad/uncle/bunch of cousins who went to Notre Dame, I love picturing what Arkansas must be like. I picture a bunch of crazed hillbillies, yelling pig sooey at all hours of the day, spreading gossip like wildfire and people running through the streets like Godzilla was on its way.

It's made even better by the fact they have the best player in country on their team and Houston Nutt is batsh*t crazy.  I'm rooting for Arkansas to win all its games....They need an NBC contract.  They need a reality show.  They need constant ESPN coverage.  They should have Gameday live from Fayetteville on a Tuesday for fun.

HogKong

Don't be surprised if we receive our first commitment for 2009 on Sunday!!

Superham

It's nice to see us be the first to offer an in state kid that so many other large schools are showing interest in.  Seems like we usually were waiting till the kid had 2 or 3 offers before we decided act like we had any interest.

nughaud

I agree, and hopefully it will be just a matter of time before Petrino and his staff get into full swing and before you know it, we will be on the rebound and moving up to new heights in the recruiting department.

Quote from: Superham on January 11, 2008, 12:12:02 am
It's nice to see us be the first to offer an in state kid that so many other large schools are showing interest in.  Seems like we usually were waiting till the kid had 2 or 3 offers before we decided act like we had any interest.

Tomhog™

Lotsa articles on this offer:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/61089

I love these kind of statements:

" I've thought about playing for the Razorbacks since I was little, " Colby Berna said. " I'm still a little shocked that they offered me already. My dream is at my finger- tips and I'm grateful for the opportunity. "

Beaverfever

It's awesome to hear about these kids that are all hog.  Sounds like he is going to commit after his visit.  Anyone know how good he is?

ListenHereMister

Crusader

He and his family had an excellent visit.   I am expecting an announcement of the first Hog commitment for 2009 soon after the 2008 signing day.

jgphillips3

This staff, unlike the last, will be out beating the bushes for kids and will not lose kids for failing to contact them early enough.  We may still lose some kids who have always dreamed of playing elsewhere, but I think the Broderick Green type situations where Nutt ignored him until it was too late are a thing of the past.

saywhat?

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 09, 2008, 10:04:52 am
Fayetteville High junior offensive lineman Colby Berna had an eye-opening experience in San Antonio this past weekend.

Berna (6-4, 275) – who helped lead the Purple Bulldogs to the Class 7A state title – was on hand for the U.S. Army All-American Combine Friday and Saturday at the Alamodome.

click here for more

Nice to see another outstanding OL home grown.  Bet Petrino keeps him.

I'll be you he gets him before February is over.