Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog fans should be happy..

Started by hogluv, December 31, 2009, 06:54:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogluv

We should be thankful we have Pel. We are not Kentucky, Kansas, Duke or N. Carolina, we are lowly Arkansas. Who else could we get? Why should we try? Like during the Nutt years all we would hear was "what coach better than Houston could we get?" But we got Bobby and the minute one of the best teams in the country is thinking they might need a new leader Mark May throws out Bobby's name. (Never heard him mention NUTT).

Losses should not be tolerated like this. We should have a coach that has us in every game until the last even if we lose.

98hogs

Well in the 90s all the schools you mentioned Feared the Hogs.  We were not lowly and should never settle.  That is loser mentality.

HogNiner12

Give it time ... I can not believe how everyone is so quick to pull the trigger on people .. It took Nolan 3-4 years to actually get his team built up . Have faith in Pel !! he is actually doing what a coach should be doing in showing leadership as the head man . He is on some good kids this year in recruiting . Let it play out .. For crying outloud look how long everyone gave Nutt-Bag to get a 7-5 season . Our program has fallen fast in the last 10 years . I think we should be patient on this one . The last time I checked there wasn't top notch coaches knocking on our door to coach here . Lets see what he can do on the recruiting trail this year before we run the man out .

3kgthog

I don't think any of NR's teams were this bad.

hogluv

It was a joke. Arkansas fans and our players deserve a coach that can make his teams competitive in every game. I know the Sutton made us good and Nolan made us great. If you look around the country no coach is knocking on anyone else's door except the one they are coaching at. Most of us reading this aren't looking to sale our houses but if someone comes to our door and offers us double what we paid it is SOLD.

Porkatarian

Quote from: hogluv on December 31, 2009, 08:35:42 am
If you look around the country no coach is knocking on anyone else's door except the one they are coaching at.

This part is NOT correct.  We have atleast 2 big time coaches (who have proven track records of success) that have expressed an interest in our job should it come open.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

ballinhog

all it took to turn kentucky around was a press conference, the day the hired cal they was back in a big way

98hogs

Quote from: HogNiner12 on December 31, 2009, 07:32:53 am
Give it time ... I can not believe how everyone is so quick to pull the trigger on people .. It took Nolan 3-4 years to actually get his team built up . Have faith in Pel !! he is actually doing what a coach should be doing in showing leadership as the head man . He is on some good kids this year in recruiting . Let it play out .. For crying outloud look how long everyone gave Nutt-Bag to get a 7-5 season . Our program has fallen fast in the last 10 years . I think we should be patient on this one . The last time I checked there wasn't top notch coaches knocking on our door to coach here . Lets see what he can do on the recruiting trail this year before we run the man out .

Nolan was in post season 2nd year, Pel Stinks

spatownsteve

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 31, 2009, 08:29:56 am
I don't think any of NR's teams were this bad.

There very well may have been a NR team this bad, but we'll never know about it because GOOD COACHING made up for it.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."         Winston Churchill
------------------------------------------------------------------

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."
      Hunter S. Thompson

klp1

I hear that there is a lot of interest in the job now. Which is due to White and Broyles being gone.

SunshinePumper

Hey listen misters....

This TEAM beat Alcorn State by 61 points.  How many D-1 teams can say that?  That's what I thought.  Pel deserves an extension for the fine job he's done discipling these players.  If it weren't for Pel, half the team would already be suspended or gone. 
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

TNhawgfan

Please stop with the recruiting crutch. Pel has already shown he can recruit some pretty good talent, i.e. Henry and Fortson, and how did that work out for him? I honestly believe we could have John Wall on this team and with Pel's coaching ability, we would be average at best
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

cosmodrum

Quote from: SunshinePumper on December 31, 2009, 09:34:48 am
Hey listen misters....

This TEAM beat Alcorn State by 61 points.  How many D-1 teams can say that?  That's what I thought.  Pel deserves an extension for the fine job he's done discipling these players.  If it weren't for Pel, half the team would already be suspended or gone. 

Would it matter?
Go away, batin'

hawgtime

thanks for the reality check. i keep forgetting how long our other coaches took to get them rolling.

it is just hard when you see the other teams with new coaches really hit the ground running. come on hogs keep it together and future stars - GET on BOARD.