Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juvenile Turf Races

Started by $2towinon7, November 01, 2011, 10:29:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$2towinon7

Just an FYI, that i realized.....Maybe the Euros will take both Juvenile turf races this year, BUT American horses are a combined 5 of 7 in these races overall.

USA
Fillies: Maram, Tapitsfly, More Than Real
Colts: Nownownow, Pluck

Euro
Fillies: N/A
Colts: Donativum, Pounced

songofthesword

November 02, 2011, 01:11:24 am #1 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:22:25 am by songofthesword
good job.

you are starting to not let the media dictate your plays. that's the biggst step into becoming  profitable. The medias agenda isn't the same as yours.

Every year, pre races, "this is the best group of euros they are ever sending over the Americans don't have a chance", "all of todds pletchers horses are going to run super duper fantastic"

here are some facts that I tell people every year and every yewar they fall upon deaf ears

Coolmore trained horses (Aiden o'brien) are 4 for their last 63 in breedersc up racefs. they are auto toss anytime I see them. i don't care who they are, i don't care what they did before they came on here. BEAT me.

There is another reason why i take this stance. I know what coolmore's goal is, and it's not to win the breeders cup. Coomore basically tosses a bunch of mud against the wall and eventually something will stick, i.e their stud farms. They will Toss mud against the wall year in and year out, and every once in a while, (henrythenavigator, giants causeway, joahannesburg),  a horse will win or run well enough where they can stand the horse here in the states and rack up the dough. Henrythhenavigator, after he came in 2nd in the 08 classic, sent to Ashford stud (coolmore) and commanded a 65k stud fee.. for coming in 2nd place lol. they bred him damn near 200 times in 09. that's all they care about, and it makes all those fruitless trips to the classic worth it if they can strike gold like that. and guys every year will blow tons of money betting the next great euro senstation their breeders cup races.

If so you think happens to run good in the classic.. good god. he is going to stand in Australia already as it is, for probably upwards of 75k as he's considered to be one of the best Australian horses in some time there.. but if he can stand in AMERICA as well, and remember, Australia breeds from july until december, we bred from feb to june.. that could be worth tens of millions of dollars if he could stand here in the states and stand in australia.

now, given that.. do you really want to waste your money on so you think lol? and i love the horse, seriously. but they aren't running him because they actually think he can win. Not that he isn't good, he's very good but he isn't a dirt horse.

(on the other hand.. if juddemonte sends anything over, (trainer sir michel stoute), look 3 times at it. they don't play any games, when they come over it's to freaking win. If you don't think the horse figures look again.

Todd pletcher is a, get this. .6 out of his last 77 in breeders cup races, and that includes him winning 3 last year.  that means he's going to beat you 1 out of 10 times. yet he has the first or second choice in damn near every race. That's an easy ass toss.

worse of all, goldphin trained horses (trainer Bin Suroor) is freaking, 3 for 51 in breeders cup races

3 out of 51! do you know how bad of a freaking trainer you have to be to send out the most expensive horse flesh on earth and only win 3 out of 51 races lol?

there is no situation where you will ever see me make a wager on any of them. And by doing so you are tossing out usually 2-3 favs in every race.

Rendezvous Cook

What SOS said!   I listened last year and while I didn't win a ton (Pletcher got hot) I didn't lose near as much as years past.

$2towinon7

Good info SOS! I appreciate it. I've already heard ppl talk about how hot Aiden O'Brien has been with sending horses to the states this year, but I feel like if you eliminate 1 horse (Cape Blanco) those numbers drop.