Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turf Sprint

Started by $2towinon7, November 01, 2011, 10:17:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$2towinon7

Does anybody remember anything about a really big statistic that horses drawn outside post 10 in 5F turf races at Churchill have an extremely low win %?  I want to say I heard something about that last year but can't find anything on it. 

I ask since the second (Caracortado) and fourth choice (Chamberlain Bridge) on the morning line are out there.

songofthesword

I could see chamberlain bridge winning, i can't see scarface winning it. I think 5F is too sharp for him.

(now watch he wins by 5)

I own the half sister to ben's cat. I wanted him to run so bad in this race.

$2towinon7

Yeah that sucks that Leatherbury couldn't get the sponsorship to come up with the money

songofthesword

he shouldn't have to, the horse has won damn near 1 million dollars. he's just a cheap bastard

husker71

Just dont think Chamberlain Bridge is the same runner as last year.  Reallly wnat to bet him but think I will look elsewhere especially with the draw outside.

cbhawg03

^^^^Chamberlain Bridge

I think he is just coming back into peak form. Well I hope so and his works have been good and most of the clocker reports that I have seen about him have raved about how good he has looked. Im going with him.

RockChalkJayhawk

My initial thought here is to play:  Exacta Box 5,7,8,13

Regarding the post-position question, this info is a bit dated, but perhaps worthwhile nonetheless.  I'd look for something more current, but it's late.  Good luck to everyone, it will be a fun couple of wagering days!

"In turf sprints at Churchill Downs, which are all run at 5 furlongs, the rail has performed poorly, just as it has in turf routes, winning only 1-for-20 for a measly win rate of 5%. This is no short-term anomaly, either. Going back to the 2009 Churchill Spring meet in 5 furlong turf sprints, the rail's win percentage drops to 2% with just 1 win in 43 races during that span.

Other than the rail, inside posts do pretty well, as do the middle posts. In Churchill 5 furlong turf sprints at this meet, runners breaking from posts 2-7 have won 17 of the 20 races run (85%)."

http://www.nationalracemasters.com/articles.asp?action=single&id=3315&hd_id=01