Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some historical accuracy in Adam Sandlers new Netflix film

Started by dsgreen, April 15, 2017, 04:43:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dsgreen

Sandy Wexler is set in 1994 and this is from the opening scene.

JONAS

dsgreen

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogwood

LRHog

I like it. Can we just all build a giant stadium and dress and act like its '94?

At least then we'd be big winners haha.

Sho Nuff

Hogz87

Quote from: Sho Nuff on April 18, 2017, 10:48:16 am
So how was the movie?  Worth watching?
I can't say with 100% certainty that it sucks, but it's an Adam Sandler movie.  His other two Netflix Original movies were awful.  I'm sure this one isn't much different.  Really, Sandler stopped making worthwhile movies 15-20 years ago.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Hogz87 on April 18, 2017, 11:10:32 am
I can't say with 100% certainty that it sucks, but it's an Adam Sandler movie.  His other two Netflix Original movies were awful.  I'm sure this one isn't much different.  Really, Sandler stopped making worthwhile movies 15-20 years ago.

Happy Gilmore was his apex. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

rhames

It's way too long for a comedy

It's what it is. A Adam Sandler movie in Netflix. Set expectations low and it is not a bad time killer
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Pig in the Pokey

movie was a cring fest . i couldnt make it past 20 minutes.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogfooey

Let's put it this way, just watch til the Hogs make an appearance then turn it off as quick as you can. 
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hawgmasta

Legitimately, how the hell has Adam Sandler made so many movies? Does he finance everything? They're pretty terrible.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 23, 2017, 12:58:30 am
Legitimately, how the hell has Adam Sandler made so many movies? Does he finance everything? They're pretty terrible.
The price is wrong bitch....

Sho Nuff

Big Daddy was his best movie.  His last 5 or 6 have been terrible.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

dsgreen

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 23, 2017, 12:58:30 am

he has a pretty big deal with netflix, just had added 4 more movies to it. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Sandler movies are cheap to make and he has a market of fans that watch everything he turns out without regard for critical or popular reception. His movies are still a pretty safe investment by industry standard.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogfooey on April 22, 2017, 04:13:47 pm
Let's put it this way, just watch til the Hogs make an appearance then turn it off as quick as you can.
THIS. or better yet, fast forward to it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 24, 2017, 11:45:59 am
Sandler movies are cheap to make and he has a market of fans that watch everything he turns out without regard for critical or popular reception. His movies are still a pretty safe investment by industry standard.
and they are in 4k! Man, when I first got my 4k a few years ago I'd watch any 4k material; even like crawling bugs and what-not. I can't watch Sandler 4k movies. I did watch that last terrible one before sanndy wexler. But you right, KK. Check this out. Half a BILLION hours....

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/adam-sandler-netflix-movies-sandy-wexler

"NETFLIX USERS HAVE SPENT OVER 500,000,000 HOURS WATCHING ADAM SANDLER MOVIES..."

ChicoHog

Quote from: Sho Nuff on April 23, 2017, 09:33:34 am
Big Daddy was his best movie.  His last 5 or 6 have been terrible.
I'm not a Sandler fan but some of them are ok.  I did not like Big Daddy.  My favorite is probably the Wedding Singer or Funny People which was a more serious movie.  Most of his movies are made for 12 year old boys but some of them are decent. Can't argue with his success I guess.  I remember when he was a sidekick on the MTV game show "Remote Control" in the mid 80's.  Never thought he would be a big star. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

WorfHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 24, 2017, 03:22:32 pm
and they are in 4k! Man, when I first got my 4k a few years ago I'd watch any 4k material; even like crawling bugs and what-not. I can't watch Sandler 4k movies. I did watch that last terrible one before sanndy wexler. But you right, KK. Check this out. Half a BILLION hours....

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/adam-sandler-netflix-movies-sandy-wexler

"NETFLIX USERS HAVE SPENT OVER 500,000,000 HOURS WATCHING ADAM SANDLER MOVIES..."

Enjoy Adam Sandler films and Vote Trump.

hawgmasta

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 24, 2017, 03:22:32 pm

Lol, "they got it down to a ready to watch on an airplane science"

That describes his movies pretty well; billy madison/happy Gilmore were the pinnacle. So he really started out at his peak.