Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New DL Coach?

Started by Peter Porker, February 01, 2017, 03:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 07, 2017, 08:59:31 am
Take note of #354 on that list: Alabama's DL Coach Karl Dunbar-$275,000

Why are we doing that? There previous DL coach made over 400k. It's irrelevant what Dunbar makes

King Kong

Quote from: woodrow hog call on February 07, 2017, 09:18:10 am
Does not fit agenda, Does not fit agenda, Does not fit agenda, "We need to spend Bama type money"

Not sure about agenda. But the rumor reported by SECCOUNTRY is CBB wanted Montgomery but now Montgomery is staying with GB because they gave him a raise.

You want a great recruiter and coach. You have to pay for it

Razorbackers

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 09:21:32 am
Not sure about agenda. But the rumor reported by SECCOUNTRY is CBB wanted Montgomery but now Montgomery is staying with GB because they gave him a raise.

You want a great recruiter and coach. You have to pay for it

You're asking a mid level P5 team to pay more than an NFL for a position coach.

King Kong

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 07, 2017, 09:25:29 am
You're asking a mid level P5 team to pay more than an NFL for a position coach.

First of we aren't a Mid Level P5 team. We are a mid level SEC team and historically a top 25 team that gets $40 mill for just being in this conference. We already pay more than Mid Level P5 teams.

Second, Montgomery isn't even a Position Coach. He is the Asst to the Position Coach.

Razorbackers

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 09:38:26 am
First of we aren't a Mid Level P5 team. We are a mid level SEC team and historically a top 25 team that gets $40 mill for just being in this conference. We already pay more than Mid Level P5 teams.

Second, Montgomery isn't even a Position Coach. He is the Asst to the Position Coach.

First off, what's our record since joining the SEC?

And in response to your second point

Pork Twain

Definitely going to have to start upping our payscale.  From last year:
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

King Kong

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 07, 2017, 09:45:06 am
First off, what's our record since joining the SEC?

And in response to your second point

83-108 7th in the league since 1992. As Mid as Middle can get

hogsrule44

Historically a top 25 team? Yeah ok

ricepig

Our staff salaries, stadium size, recruiting ranking, and football budget are all in the 8-10 range in the conference. It is what it is.

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 10:10:47 am
http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17336754/alabama-crimson-tide-notre-dame-fighting-irish-ohio-state-buckeyes-oklahoma-sooners-usc-trojans-lead-list-college-football-blue-bloods

I'm sorry facts both you
Our place in the top 25 all-time was cemented in the 60's, 70's and 80's, aka before we joined the SEC. 

Sure this is the pole you want to use?

Championships:
None

Best full decade:
1970s appeared in 66.22% of polls.

Poll point:
The Razorbacks have 30 top-three appearances, but only one (Nov. 20, 2011) since 1978.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hoggish1

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 10:10:47 am

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17336754/alabama-crimson-tide-notre-dame-fighting-irish-ohio-state-buckeyes-oklahoma-sooners-usc-trojans-lead-list-college-football-blue-bloods

I'm sorry facts both you

I see ESPiN doesn't give us a NC... pisc on them!  But we are historically No. 25 in their book...

25. Arkansas Razorbacks | 6.42

Arkansas is without a Heisman Trophy or a national championship. The Razorbacks have never won an SEC conference title and won 13 conference crowns while a member of the Southwest Conference.

King Kong

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 07, 2017, 10:18:04 am
Our place in the top 25 all-time was cemented in the 60's, 70's and 80's, aka before we joined the SEC. 

Championships:
None

Best full decade:

Poll point:
The Razorbacks have 30 top-three appearances, but only one (Nov. 20, 2011) since 1978.

Yeah, I'm sure. Says top 25. I rest my case

But if we need to add all-time D1 top 25 in total number of wins, we are there as well

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 10:33:06 am
Yeah, I'm sure. Says top 25. I rest my case

But if we need to add all-time D1 top 25 in total number of wins, we are there as well
Historically...doesn't do it for me but I am happy that your memory of the games in past decades gets you through.  We have not been consistently top 25 in my lifetime. 

The list you have there, also does not give us credit for a NC.  Still want to hold on to it? 

I think we come in around #29 there, below such powerhouses as Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and Mount Union

King Kong

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 07, 2017, 10:36:57 am
Historically...doesn't do it for me but I am happy that your memory of the games in past decades gets you through.  We have not been consistently top 25 in my lifetime. 

The list you have there, also does not give us credit for a NC.  Still want to hold on to it?

Those list are both from the AP Poll. Which never awarded us the NC. I would think that makes my case even stronger

Football Writers Association of America did award us the NC and it does count

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 10:41:44 am
Those list are both from the AP Poll. Which never awarded us the NC. I would think that makes my case even stronger

Football Writers Association of America did award us the NC and it does count
It doesn't because it is still built upon decades that a majority of this board was not alive for.

I would not label Japan and Germany as world Powers based off of what they did in the early-mid 1900's

ricepig

So, back to the subject, has anyone heard a name?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 07, 2017, 10:55:01 am
It doesn't because it is still built upon decades that a majority of this board was not alive for.

I would not label Japan and Germany as world Powers based off of what they did in the early-mid 1900's

I'm not even sure what you are arguing. Historically a top 25 program

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2017, 10:56:32 am
So, back to the subject, has anyone heard a name?

If I had I wouldn't be arguing non topic related subjects

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 11:15:54 am
If I had I wouldn't be arguing non topic related subjects

Well, make up one.........

factchecker

Just to add to the non-topic discussion:

AP ranks the top 100 football programs and places us at #22.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 11:19:24 am
https://mobile.twitter.com/shaneburnham52?lang=en

Done that was easy

Shane was with Rhoads at Iowa State.  I think his father (Wally) is currently on staff as an analyst/advisor.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2017, 11:17:24 am
Well, make up one.........

Gruden.  The twist is it's Jon's cousin Corky Gruden who coaches safeties for New England... Institute of Art and Technology.   

King Kong

Quote from: factchecker on February 07, 2017, 11:22:22 am
Shane was with Rhoads at Iowa State.  I think his father (Wally) is currently on staff as an analyst/advisor.

That is correct

Pork Twain

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 11:11:40 am
I'm not even sure what you are arguing. Historically a top 25 program
I am not arguing, I am just saying that top 25 ranking means a lot less based on the era it was built in.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 07, 2017, 10:18:04 am

Championships:
None

Best full decade:

Poll point:

Remember, that 66% was in the top 20.  It didn't go to 25 until either the late 80's or 90's.  Even more impressive.

Hogs958

I'll do it. my coaching strategy is sack the QB and stuff the run.

King Kong

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 07, 2017, 01:11:54 pm
I'll do it. my coaching strategy is sack the QB and stuff the run.

But can your recruit

Dwight_K_Shrute

Article from SEC Country

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-defensive-line-coach-candidates?utm_campaign=SF_Carvell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

4 Names it mentions.

Brian Early
Shane Burnham
CJ AH You
Vinson Reynolds.

After reading the article, I'd say of the 4 I'm an Early lean.  AH You is the only one of the 4 without a connection to current staff.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FATHAWG08

I hate to break it to you, but Yes we are a Mid Level P5 school that plays in the most powerful conference in college football.
I love off season Football!!

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2017, 01:31:43 pm
Article from SEC Country

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-defensive-line-coach-candidates?utm_campaign=SF_Carvell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

4 Names it mentions.

Brian Early
Shane Burnham
CJ AH You
Vinson Reynolds.

After reading the article, I'd say of the 4 I'm an Early lean.  AH You is the only one of the 4 without a connection to current staff.

None of those really shake the excitement meter, especially concerning recruiting.

southeasthog

I'll never understand why so called Razorback fans feel the need to take a dump on the program at every turn.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

King Kong

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 07, 2017, 01:36:20 pm
I hate to break it to you, but Yes we are a Mid Level P5 school that plays in the most powerful conference in college football.

Being Mid Level SEC is not the same as Mid Level P5. Not in money, not in tradition and not in bowl games and not in players in the NFL

stronguard

Not sure if its,been mentioned, 1st time using the app. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

stronguard

But Tracys Rocker just left his position at Georgia.  I seem to remember he,was one of the only coaches on Nutt staff that I'd anything.  I'd take him.

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

stronguard

Dang, phone typing is tough when you got fat fingers.  "DID" not "I'd"

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on February 07, 2017, 01:38:28 pm
None of those really shake the excitement meter, especially concerning recruiting.

Sign me up for C.J. Ah. If nothing else to save me from typing so many letters

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Trey1981 on February 07, 2017, 02:18:28 pm
No idea who he is.
Coached at Texas Tech a couple years than with the New York Jets as defensive quality control coach.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

The Hawg Marshal

The_Iceman

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: southeasthog on February 07, 2017, 01:52:56 pm
I'll never understand why so called Razorback fans feel the need to take a dump on the program at every turn.

Family Tradition?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Oklahawg

Welcome aboard, and probably time to talk in the coach's thread stickied at the top.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

King Kong

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u1juN_cqbUA"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do they say about first impressions?

navyhog24

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 06, 2017, 10:42:29 am
I'm prepared to be totally underwhelmed with his next hires. I've lost any faith in this head coach.

Go figure....

Letsroll1200

Hogwild

Quote from: King Kong on February 07, 2017, 10:03:21 am
83-108 7th in the league since 1992. As Mid as Middle can get

7th in the league in what metric?