Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liberty Bowl Trophy

Started by pignparadise, January 20, 2017, 11:47:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

Trophy at Memphis Airport shows Auburn not Arkansas winning in 2009. WTH
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

WriterWrong

That right there is funny... and disrespectful.

TexasRazorback

That is sad. But for some reason I am not surprised Memphis could not get it right

tophawg19

we didn't win , East Carolina lost . that was some of the worst FG kicking i have ever seen. In fairness though they were kicking rocks. I was so cold by the end that i didn't care who won. just get it over lol. All in all it was a good game . Hot chocolate Popcicles leave a lot to be desired
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

younghog

Quote from: pignparadise on January 20, 2017, 11:47:57 am

I bet the Trophy on the HILL says Arkansas
GO HOGS

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 20, 2017, 12:01:03 pm
we didn't win , East Carolina lost . that was some of the worst FG kicking i have ever seen. In fairness though they were kicking rocks. I was so cold by the end that i didn't care who won. just get it over lol. All in all it was a good game . Hot chocolate Popcicles leave a lot to be desired
As we were leaving that game a couple of Hog "fans" were getting in the face of some East Carolina fans and crowing about how we had just kicked their butts. Some people.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Not a big deal. No one outside of East Carolina or Arkansas knows that game was even played.   Or for that matter, if the Liberty Bowl is an actual thing.

Luke STYwalker

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 20, 2017, 02:07:32 pm
As we were leaving that game a couple of Hog "fans" were getting in the face of some East Carolina fans and crowing about how we had just kicked their butts. Some people.
Yep, I remember that Tejada ran off the field that night like some kind of hero.    I found it funny that it was the last time he wore a hog uniform also.

southeasthog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on January 20, 2017, 03:06:21 pm
  Yep, I remember that Tejada ran off the field that night like some kind of hero.    I found it funny that it was the last time he wore a hog uniform also.

You sure about that?

hogcard1964

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on January 20, 2017, 03:06:21 pm

I remember that.  That was a bad, miserable game.

Luke STYwalker

Quote from: southeasthog on January 20, 2017, 03:09:57 pm
You sure about that?
wasn't it the very next year, petrino pulled his scholly?

southeasthog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on January 20, 2017, 03:13:31 pm
wasn't it the very next year, petrino pulled his scholly?
He's listed as having missed an XP in 2010.

Luke STYwalker

maybe it was after the 2010 season.   

southeasthog

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on January 20, 2017, 03:23:05 pm
maybe it was after the 2010 season.
Tejada was a senior in 2010. Don't remember him losing his scholarship. He did lose his job to Hocker though.

Inhogswetrust

For all games not allowed to end in a tie there is a winner and loser. We were the winner since the team with the most points when the game is over is the winner.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

It's Memphis. Not surprised.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Biggus Piggus

Amazing that Auburn won two bowl games in 2009.
[CENSORED]!

tophawg19

we were in an area with several EC fans . things were going back and forth pretty good . After the game , pretty much everyone stood up and shook hands and wished them well. Their kicker gave us that game
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawkhawg

I'd like to forget that game also. It was a miserable game to attend.

ChicoHog

Quote from: southeasthog on January 20, 2017, 04:06:18 pm
Tejada was a senior in 2010. Don't remember him losing his scholarship. He did lose his job to Hocker though.
If I remember correctly Tejada kicked off but Hocker did the PATs and FGs. 

Sho Nuff

I was there, and I'm still cold.  That was the coldest game ever.

GTOWNHOG

I have brought this to the attention of the Associate Executive Director of the Liberty Bowl.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Hogwild

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 20, 2017, 05:22:25 pm
Amazing that Auburn won two bowl games in 2009.

Actually Auburn didn't win any bowl games in 2009, but VA Tech, Utah, Nebraska, and USC each won two bowl games in 2009.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 20, 2017, 02:35:43 pm
Not a big deal. No one outside of East Carolina or Arkansas knows that game was even played.   Or for that matter, if the Liberty Bowl is an actual thing.

Hogcard according to that plaque even the Liberty Bowl doesn't know that game was played lmao.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 20, 2017, 07:39:41 pm

I remember Tejada missing a kick and Petrino screaming "Did you effing miss that on purpose?" or so it was said on Hogville at the time.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

southeasthog

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 20, 2017, 07:39:41 pm
That's correct. Tejada was also credited with 9 tackles that season.

southeasthog

Quote from: pigasaurus on January 21, 2017, 06:37:16 am
I remember Tejada missing a kick and Petrino screaming "Did you effing miss that on purpose?" or so it was said on Hogville at the time.

Quote from: B-Sticks on September 06, 2008, 10:10:57 pm
I rewound it about 20 times and you could read his lips loud and clear after that first Tejada miss ! He asked him if he missed it on purpose and then asked how in the $*@#  he could miss it that bad...then screamed " are you sh*$#ing me" !!! Bobby is hardcore !!! After that they never showed him after the other 2 misses !!

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=246289.msg3623342#msg3623342

code red

Belk is the one I'd like to forget.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hawgphish

I was there.  My toes fell off about the same time Eddie Money wrapped up.

GTOWNHOG

Here's the response that I received from Harold Graeter, Associate Executive Director of the AutoZone Liberty Bowl:

Date: 01/20/2017 1:47 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: Harold Graeter <hgraeter@libertybowl.org>
Subject: Liberty Bowl Trophy

Thanks...yes working on it...several others have emailed me too.

Sent from my C Spire device

Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

longpig

MEM can't be bothered to do much right.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 21, 2017, 01:24:27 pm
Did your wife say "Take Me Home Tonight" when she was "Shakin" from the cold and you already gave up your "Two Tickets to Paradise" to the usher?  You probably just told her "Maybe I'm a Fool" but "Baby, Hold on to Me" because "I Think I'm in Love". 

hawkhawg

Quote from: Hawgphish on January 21, 2017, 01:24:27 pm

Eddie money was probably the best part of the game.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 21, 2017, 09:07:05 pm

I remember he was wearing a long coat and had a lot of cheerleaders dancing around him. It was so bad.

hogmolar

Wasn't that the game that Mallet had a crazy interview with Erin Andrews where he kept saying I told you and Erin said on TV he keeps looking at me saying I told you but I am.not really sure what he is talking about? Pretty awkward.

streitenberger

I was there. Takes a lot to visit or even just drive through Memphis.

Pigsknuckles

Wasn't that also the game we froze Tusk?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Inhogswetrust

I dealt with the Liberty Bowl game people while in the hotel business in Memphis. I swore I'd never do it again. I also know someone that works for the stadium. It is not run by the Liberty Bowl game organization. We have had some rather interesting conversations about it. Let's just say it wouldn't bother me to see others in charge of the game.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogmolar on January 22, 2017, 09:05:05 pm
Wasn't that the game that Mallet had a crazy interview with Erin Andrews where he kept saying I told you and Erin said on TV he keeps looking at me saying I told you but I am.not really sure what he is talking about? Pretty awkward.

That was the LSU game in Baton Rouge that we ended up losing in OT. 

In fairness, that was Ryan's Vanilla Ice persona that hollered at Erin.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 22, 2017, 08:44:40 am
I remember he was wearing a long coat and had a lot of cheerleaders dancing around him. It was so bad.

The year before, they had K.C. (from the Sunshine Band fame).  Worst lip-syncing performance I've ever witnessed.

I hear next year C.W. McCall is the halftime entertainment at the Liberty Bowl.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 24, 2017, 11:48:25 am
The year before, they had K.C. (from the Sunshine Band fame).  Worst lip-syncing performance I've ever witnessed.

At his age they better have a back up plan then.

HoggyCat

Was so cold, Tusk died from the return trip home.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 25, 2017, 12:27:48 pm
Was so cold, Tusk died from the return trip home.
I woulda let him ride in the car with me if I'd known he was in danger. Damn

Hawgphish

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 21, 2017, 09:07:05 pm
your right and the big bag of Krystal Burgers on the way home.

RME

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 24, 2017, 11:48:25 am

Is he bringing the Convoy?

RedRock

It's the Memphis airport. They should bulldoze that dump.

LZH

Quote from: RedRock on January 25, 2017, 09:23:35 pm
It's the Memphis airport. They should bulldoze that dump.

I hear FedEx is moving to Little Rock.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: WriterWrong on January 20, 2017, 11:55:05 am
That right there is funny... and disrespectful.

Yeah, for Auburn.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HamSammich

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 20, 2017, 02:35:43 pm