Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Partridge?

Started by lakecityhog, January 14, 2017, 10:12:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Isn't this the guy that followed BB to Arkansas and left after 1 year? And we want him back? Why? So we can help him build up his resume to leave us again at his first chance?

There are other good D'Line coaches out there and yes some of them are currently employed by our competitors. And, you know what? Some of them are pretty darned good coaches! Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, LSU and ATM have all poached or tried to poach coaches that had good jobs. Three or four of those teams tried to take some of OUR guys(1 did!).

Will we EVER develop the mindset to go after THE BEST???

hogcard1964

Sooie71923

EXACTLY!

I'd rather get a better coach that wants to stay and build.

However, good coaches always move on to bigger and better things.

online-with-swine

But, didn't Partridge leave to be a head coach?  I would say that's a little different.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: online-with-swine on January 14, 2017, 10:43:02 am
But, didn't Partridge leave to be a head coach?  I would say that's a little different.
Yep and +1
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

gchamblee

hogville wants good assistants, just not good enough to get promotions and improve themselves professionally. they want good ones that nobody else wants. if i were a coach i wouldn't want anyone working for me that had no ambition.

aloha_kid

Don't use logic here sir ;)

hawgfan4life

greenie

Usual trolls on another fishing trip...

BirmingHam

I always kinda liked the Partridge family, but that's just me; so....

HOGINTENNESSEE

Scott7703

Sign me up for partridge as dline coach.

gchamblee

TheEnemy

Because he is regarded as a very good DL coach and an A+ recruiter.

He did leave but it was a for a head coaching position so no one really faults him for that unless you want to return to the HDN days of no one wanting to hire anyone from our staff.

lakecityhog

Partridge left to be a HC at Florida Atlantic and maybe that is in the mind of some a step up. So from that perspective his leaving was ok.

My point, which went over the heads of those who cannot think past the end of their own nose is that he has been unemployed for nearly a month. It doesn't appear that teams are beating down his door looking for him.

When Georgia was looking for an O'Line coach they came after ours, who according to Hogville was a part of "THE GREATEST STAFF EVER ASSEMBLED" and considered by many others to be a top notch O'Line coach. When Auburn needed an O'Line coach they stole Herb Hand from Penn State. When ATM decided they wanted to play some defense they stole John Chavis from LSU.  ALL of those guys are considered as some of the BEST in the profession.

THAT was my point, not trolling or stupid or any of the other lame-assed comebacks that SO MANY of Hogville's finest manage to throw out in lieu discussion!

TheEnemy

He is a position coach.  He isn't that high of a profile hire.

You are making it bigger than what it is.

If he is hired he will be a position coach with a Co-DC title.

But as a D-Line coach and a recruiter he is considered very good.

And how do you know what teams have contacted his agent.  Perhaps he has many offers.

greenie

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 14, 2017, 11:21:45 am
Partridge left to be a HC at Florida Atlantic and maybe that is in the mind of some a step up. So from that perspective his leaving was ok.

My point, which went over the heads of those who cannot think past the end of their own nose is that he has been unemployed for nearly a month. It doesn't appear that teams are beating down his door looking for him.

When Georgia was looking for an O'Line coach they came after ours, who according to Hogville was a part of "THE GREATEST STAFF EVER ASSEMBLED" and considered by many others to be a top notch O'Line coach. When Auburn needed an O'Line coach they stole Herb Hand from Penn State. When ATM decided they wanted to play some defense they stole John Chavis from LSU.  ALL of those guys are considered as some of the BEST in the profession.

THAT was my point, not trolling or stupid or any of the other lame-assed comebacks that SO MANY of Hogville's finest manage to throw out in lieu discussion!

We *might* want him back because he is believed to be a good defensive coach and a good recruiter.  I only say *might* because I don't know if CBB wants to hire him or not.  I'm not into disparaging a guy that handled everything as professionally as Partridge did while he was here.  I think he would be a solid hire, but there are lots of potential solid hires out there. 

ricepig

It costs him over $800,000 to take a job, so it needs to be worth it.

"Hired in December of 2013, Partridge still had two years remaining on his original five-year contract. FAU owes Partridge a little more than $1 million for the remaining two years, but a buyout clause in the contract drops that total to about $200,000 should Partridge quickly find a job on another staff."

DoubleReedHawgCaller

We got an opening for a DL coach?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ricepig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 14, 2017, 11:55:31 am

DL...DC....DB......it's all the same.

Hoggish1

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 14, 2017, 10:12:09 am
Isn't this the guy that followed BB to Arkansas and left after 1 year? And we want him back? Why? So we can help him build up his resume to leave us again at his first chance?

So, he left because he built up his resume after one year at Arkansas.  Look before you leap, or post...

lakecityhog

Jesus! I'm going to type this really slow for some of you guys---

WHY SHOULDN'T WE TRY TO IDENTIFY THE TOP 3 TO 4 D'LINE COACHES IN THE COUNTRY AND GO AFTER ONE OF THEM?????

If we struck out going for the best and had to hire the 5th best candidate at least we shot for the stars and settled for the moon!

Fred Akers, Johnny Majors, Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson, Joe Gibbs, Hayden Fry, Doug Dickey, Raymond Berry and Jackie Sherrill all have something in common. They were all assistant coaches under Frank. Frank identified great young coaches, hired them, helped to shape them and then let them do their jobs. And, yeah I bet over the years he hired a few duds. But, the point is he hired great coaches and let them coach.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 14, 2017, 12:54:33 pm
Jesus! I'm going to type this really slow for some of you guys---

WHY SHOULDN'T WE TRY TO IDENTIFY THE TOP 3 TO 4 D'LINE COACHES IN THE COUNTRY AND GO AFTER ONE OF THEM?????

If we struck out going for the best and had to hire the 5th best candidate at least we shot for the stars and settled for the moon!

Fred Akers, Johnny Majors, Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson, Joe Gibbs, Hayden Fry, Doug Dickey, Raymond Berry and Jackie Sherrill all have something in common. They were all assistant coaches under Frank. Frank identified great young coaches, hired them, helped to shape them and then let them do their jobs. And, yeah I bet over the years he hired a few duds. But, the point is he hired great coaches and let them coach.
I think you are being dense, and trying to accuse others of being so, whose to say we have or haven't tried for one of these guys? BB tends to stick to people he has relationships with, and he talks with a lot of people that we have no clue about! Eons, and Kurt Anderson, nobody saw these things coming, also there is a budget to think about! Partridge is a known commodity, and he is viewed as a ++ recruiter. So he checks many boxes that people desire. You mentioned Chavis, it has been widely speculated that he wanted to get out of LSU, and that he approached A&M.

jneal56

Wasn't it Broyles who wouldn't hire someone unless they were wanting to be a headcoach? If I remember correctly he didn't want any coaches who just wanted to "settle" to be a position or assistant coach. Broyles was way before my day so some of you elder wise will know that better than any article that I may have read.
"At least we are moral"

TrueBlue

Give lakecityhog a break.

He knows perfectly how to evaluate our program and Partridge's resume and ability. He also knows our budget, our needs, Bielema's direction for the program, also knows all of the background discussions on any job openings or possible openings, the future hire-ability of possible assistant coaches, etc....

Oh, and he knows how to talk down on Hogville posters that do not know as much as he does. 

Geez! So lighten up on him!

Hawg Life

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 14, 2017, 11:55:31 am

I think he'll get hired as a LB coach and Hargreaves will find another job or Segrest goes to special teams.

lumphog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on January 14, 2017, 10:53:40 am
JUST DUMB!

Amazingly so.

Really.......Is the world really this friggin STUPID ???

Potosihog

Maybe his name is not coming up in a lot of interviews because he and CBB already have an agreement.

Biggus Piggus

Why are some of the most ignorant and negative people among the most active members of Hogville?
[CENSORED]!

Pork Twain

Nothing lures out trolls like a good coaching search
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

factchecker

I like Patridge but I wouldn't mind getting Coach Early.  Brian has a history with our staff and he is a great coach.   Right now we don't have an opening.  Segrest is still here as far as I know.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hollywood870

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 14, 2017, 10:12:09 am

There are other good D'Line coaches out there and yes some of them are currently employed by our competitors. And, you know what? Some of them are pretty darned good coaches! Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, LSU and ATM have all poached or tried to poach coaches that had good jobs. Three or four of those teams tried to take some of OUR guys(1 did!).

Will we EVER develop the mindset to go after THE BEST???
He took his shot as a head coach didn't he? I just can't today.

Smithri5

Why not the two ex coaches from Buffalo. The Ryan boys are available. If we are losing out OC too.

Ugly Uncle

Partridge had pulled some major players out of Florida.  He was offered a head coaching job in or not far from his home town.  I would take that as well.

He is an excellent coach and I would love to have him back.  He opened up Florida to us and I know that he can still pull some other kids out of there for us.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on January 14, 2017, 02:45:56 pm
I like Patridge but I wouldn't mind getting Coach Early.  Brian has a history with our staff and he is a great coach.   Right now we don't have an opening.  Segrest is still here as far as I know.

No comparison between the two, at this point. Early needs some more seasoning IMO, he'll get there.

To the poster, Frank Broyles offered that he wanted and expected his assistants to grow and move along.  This was one indication that they were good coaches and maybe even that he was a good coach to have his assistants wanted.  Now Frank didn't come right out and say that but that is the gist of what he said.  He also believed that by having a reputation of moving assistants up the ladder, many good up & comer coaches would want to come here to finish and round out their resumes for better futures for themselves.  Frank didn't rebuild coaching staffs, he reloaded.  I posted a thread recently about Arkansas building a great root system for great coaches to spring up from.  Frank Broyles had a lot to do with many of those coaches.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Sooie71923 on January 14, 2017, 10:39:56 am
EXACTLY!

I'd rather get a better coach that wants to stay and build.

However, good coaches always move on to bigger and better things.
uhhhh... He left to take a HC job... note he wasn't even a DC... and got a head gig... cuz he's that awesome

King Kong

Quote from: Smithri5 on January 14, 2017, 02:59:56 pm
Why not the two ex coaches from Buffalo. The Ryan boys are available. If we are losing out OC too.

They are both defensive coaches. You may want to try a simple google search before posting.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: BirmingHam on January 14, 2017, 10:55:41 am
I always kinda liked the Partridge family, but that's just me; so....

...oh yes, me too, especially around Christmas time.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

nchogg

I have no idea who the hell Coach B wants. Does anyone have an inside track. I thought so.

Sir Oinksalot

...but I'm kinda glad Christmas is over actually.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 14, 2017, 03:07:03 pm
Partridge had pulled some major players out of Florida.  He was offered a head coaching job in or not far from his home town.  I would take that as well.

He is an excellent coach and I would love to have him back.  He opened up Florida to us and I know that he can still pull some other kids out of there for us.
If Coach B wants him, that is good enough for me. Hire sooner rather than later.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Partridge is a good coach and recruiter.  Has it occurred to anyone that CP might already be locked up by BB?  Could be the reason no one else has hired him.  He is a good enough coach that several of the schools with openinsg would have hired him.  Bret may have said hey, I'm going to hire you I just need to create an opening first.  I'd rather try to help Coach X try to find a job than flat out fire him.  If by X date he hasn't moved on we will either move him to an admin/off field position or let him go.  BB's word is more than likely good enough for CP.  I'm not saying this is what's has happened but that fact that CP has not been hired anywhere leads me to believe it's at least plausible.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jackflash

Time to hire someone no more rumors

duckman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 14, 2017, 02:02:55 pm
Why are some of the most ignorant and negative people among the most active members of Hogville?

hawgmasta

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 14, 2017, 04:44:40 pm
Partridge is a good coach and recruiter.  Has it occurred to anyone that CP might already be locked up by BB?  Could be the reason no one else has hired him.  He is a good enough coach that several of the schools with openinsg would have hired him.  Bret may have said hey, I'm going to hire you I just need to create an opening first.  I'd rather try to help Coach X try to find a job than flat out fire him.  If by X date he hasn't moved on we will either move him to an admin/off field position or let him go.  BB's word is more than likely good enough for CP.  I'm not saying this is what's has happened but that fact that CP has not been hired anywhere leads me to believe it's at least plausible.

Definitely plausible. Don't they hang out a lot in the offseason?

Hogwild

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 14, 2017, 01:33:14 pm
I think he'll get hired as a LB coach and Hargreaves will find another job or Segrest goes to special teams.

reports are Wisconsin is looking at him as either DC or LB coach,

from the  Milwaukee JS

QuoteAnother possible option involves former UW assistant Charlie Partridge, who was the head coach at Florida Atlantic for the past three seasons before being fired in November.

Partridge coached linebackers in his final season at Pittsburgh (2007) before coming to UW. He coached at UW for five seasons, with his primary responsibility the defensive line. Partridge and Chryst worked together at UW for four seasons (2008-'11). Partridge was a solid recruiter and had a reputation for being able to teach the game.

If Chryst decides he already has Wilcox's replacement on the current staff, perhaps Partridge could return to UW to coach inside linebackers. It is no secret Partridge enjoyed his time at UW and wanted to stay when Gary Andersen was hired before the 2013 season.

BigE_23

Using that broad, vast foresight - did it ever occur to you that reason he hasn't taken a job is because (WAIT FOR IT)

He already has one and his new school is waiting to announce it until the have an actual opening?

Hogs958

damn these assistant coaches who take head coaching jobs. What are they thinking?!