Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Open Letter to Trey Flowers

Started by Steef, December 07, 2014, 06:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Quote from: Steef on December 07, 2014, 06:56:36 pm
You stayed.

You could have gone pro last year. But you stayed.

You believed in Coach. You believed in your team. You believed in yourself.

You wanted to put our program back on track. You gave your spirit to that effort and it showed in every game. Even the losses. Even the Georgia game, when no one gave up. No one gave up.

I've been a Hog fan for over half a century and THIS SEASON...is my favorite. By a wide margin. Better than the sixties. Better than the seventies.

And you gave an extra year of your life to make that happen.

You've probably already been told, or may have already known, but there is NO team in college football that Hogs hate more than Texas. Nobody. And we don't even get to play them often.

And last time we played them, they beat us by forty points.

Go beat 'em for me, will ya kid? For Arkansas.

For yourself.

You did this. This is yours. And your team.

Thank you.

https://twitter.com/Ben__Creighton/status/828485961516478464

A shameless bump to put it in context
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaHog66

Glad to see him succeed at the highest level. He's an all time great hog.

Westcoasthog

Thank you Trey Flowers for staying your senior year to play football at Arkansas.

jbcarol

Pro Football Focus named Flowers the Patriots' secret superstar

QuoteFlowers was a fourth-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. Now he is tutoring young pass rushers like Deatrich Wise.

Finding players such as Flowers is how they have remained one of the best teams in the league for more than 15 years.

Secret superstars on every NFL roster

Patriots: Trey Flowers

2016 snaps: 564

QuoteKey stat: Led the league with 18 total pressures when aligned as a true nose tackle at 0-technique.

Flowers was a favorite of the first season of PFF college grading, and he's proving to be an extremely disruptive force at the NFL level too. The Patriots use him all over their defensive line, but he is particularly effective rushing from the inside as a nose tackle in sub packages, where his quickness is too much for interior linemen to cope with. He tallied 35 total pressures over the regular season and 24 defensive stops.

Pats are counting on Flowers as they have let several key defensive players go to stay within cap.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogs run wild

2 and a half sack in super bowl, he ain't no secret.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

MuskogeeHogFan

Really, really proud of this young man. Tip of the hat to Trey and Deatrich, may you follow in his footsteps.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 09, 2017, 03:14:12 pm
Really, really proud of this young man. Tip of the hat to Trey and Deatrich, may you follow in his footsteps.

Deatrich needs to take Trey's work ethic to heart. I'm hoping there aren't as many distractions for him as there were on the Hill.

Look at Trey and Spaight - both are doing well. They both are serious film room rats and work hard on technique. Many young players could learn from them. Deatrich has the skills and just needs to raise his focus.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HogBreath

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 09, 2017, 03:14:12 pm
I can still see that scene in the locker room with Coach Bielema embracing a crying Trey Flowers after another SEC loss, not sure who we had just played.  But sheeze, if that won't tear your heart out.  I'm tickled to death at the success Trey has enjoyed, he's a terrific player and earned every bit of it.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

factchecker

Quote from: HogBreath on July 09, 2017, 09:37:24 pm
I can still see that scene in the locker room with Coach Bielema embracing a crying Trey Flowers after another SEC loss, not sure who we had just played.

17-10 loss to No. 1 Mississippi State
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogBreath

Quote from: factchecker on July 09, 2017, 10:16:50 pm
17-10 loss to No. 1 Mississippi State
Okay, thanks.  It was a danged tough scene to watch.  As I recall, we were within a play here or there of winning several games.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/890626852141780993

QuoteTrey Flowers, DL, Columbia

A two-time All-State player at Columbia in Huntsville, Flowers signed with Arkansas and recorded 190 tackles and 18 sacks during his SEC career. The New England Patriots selected him in the fourth round of the 2015 NFL Draft, and he has 45 tackles and seven sacks in his NFL career that includes last year's Super Bowl win.

AL.com file

Included with the likes of Andre Smith, Vigor's Willie Anderson, and Walter Jones.