Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 coaching questions from tonight

Started by Kevin, June 04, 2017, 01:28:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Why didn't our pitching coach go out there after Cronin but the guy in the head & settle him down

Vitelllo talked to Luke after the missed call , I wish he would have call him back to calm him down before getting in the box.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jm

The coach is guessing and could be wrong either way, but they make the decision knowing the players mentality very well at this point in the season.

jimmur74

Or why did we decide to bunt our leadoff guy over in the 6th no outs. I thought the decision to pitch Cronin there was wrong. They have gotten overly excited about him. Dont get me wrong he may very well be great one day BUT why not someone else with more experience. 

Quote from: Kevin on June 04, 2017, 01:28:09 am
Why didn't our pitching coach go out there after Cronin but the guy in the head & settle him down

Vitelllo talked to Luke after the missed call , I wish he would have call him back to calm him down before getting in the box.

toxichog

Quote from: jimmur74 on June 04, 2017, 08:56:00 am
Or why did we decide to bunt our leadoff guy over in the 6th no outs. I thought the decision to pitch Cronin there was wrong. They have gotten overly excited about him. Dont get me wrong he may very well be great one day BUT why not someone else with more experience.
Cronin's performance against Florida.....6 straight K's ...was truly powerful.  I guess the question would be.....Since we have been looking for a third starter all year why is it that a left handed who throws 90 to 93 had only thrown 13 inning all year going into the SEC Tourney?  I'm sure there is a reason......maybe in scrimmages he couldn't ever find the plate.  But it's is odd to have that kind of arm that doesn't get more work in mid week games..........

TebowHater

My only critique is we have got to move Koch down further in the order. If today is the day he busts out, great - we have some pop at our nine hole. If not, then he's in the correct place in the order. He has just come up in too many situations time and time again with RISP and is just slumping too hard to get it done right now. As always, I would love to see Lee get some PT since he just adds so much to the line up (works counts, great base runner, so much pop off his bat) but that is not going to happen.