Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DO NOT email or send threats to umpires.

Started by SPAL, June 03, 2017, 11:58:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Zero tolerance policy. This isn't a nice request. You do it, you are done.

ADavisTheGOAT

Anyone who does it should be in prison as well.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 03, 2017, 11:58:41 pm
Zero tolerance policy. This isn't a nice request. You do it, you are done.

While I agree it's dumb, I'm curious how you can monitor such a thing?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 04, 2017, 12:00:43 am

That possibility is about as frightening as the thought that someone would actually be dumplings enough to send a threatening email, and that is freaking dumb.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 04, 2017, 12:01:48 am
Unless you work for the NSA I don't think you should worry about what people email.

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 04, 2017, 12:00:43 am

The NCAA called Lanny a few years ago about it. I'm not sure how it's traced, but it was a big deal. I think the big thing was people were posting phone numbers here.

WorfHog

I was going to send them a Christmas card, but now I won't.  ;)

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 04, 2017, 12:05:17 am
The NCAA called Lanny a few years ago about it. I'm not sure how it's traced, but it was a big deal. I think the big thing was people were posting phone numbers here.

Oh wow, now that is funny yet too much.  However!!!  I do like the idea of umps/refs having to answer for their F ups, but more of a media type situation than a drunk lunatic fan calling

factchecker

With our wonderful "fans" you need to worry about them harassing our own players not the umpires.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

old_school_hawg

It is a crime and can be traced. Harassing communications is the charge, and there are varying degrees of it...do it and literally face jail and fines. Not to mention, it just isn't the right thing to do.
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

jbcarol

This is no longer theoretical

QuoteSeven individuals who made threats toward NCAA basketball official John Higgins following Kentucky's loss to North Carolina in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament have been identified.

Prosecutors in Omaha, Neb., will send the information of these seven people to the FBI office in Omaha

Two media outlets have also been identified for publishing video that contained Higgins' contact information.

"This information has been referred to the Federal Communications Commission for further investigation of the potential violations related to applicable federal communications regulations."

The locations of the people and media outlets were not disclosed.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

southarkhog06

Quote from: bcdeputy on June 04, 2017, 06:29:57 am
Ahh, you must be another of the "root for the team the same way I do or your not a REAL fan like I am" crowd...
I am gonna go out on a limb and say that sending death threats to officials and/or college students over a game is Less a sign of Fandom and more a sign of mental instability.

AirWarren

Quote from: southarkhog06 on June 04, 2017, 07:29:56 am
I am gonna go out on a limb and say that sending death threats to officials and/or college students over a game is Less a sign of Fandom and more a sign of mental instability.

Yes.

micali

Crap like this goes on all the time on twitter and Facebook and I wonder how many of them get prosecuted? You shouldn't ever threaten anyone's life but most of the personal info is out there if anyone is so inclined to find it.

toxichog

We had nine innings to get the big hit, hit a home run, not give up two bombs.........we did not do it.......some times the other team GETS IT DONE........and you DONT.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: toxichog on June 04, 2017, 09:18:44 am
We had nine innings to get the big hit, hit a home run, not give up two bombs.........we did not do it.......some times the other team GETS IT DONE........and you DONT.
and sometimes you get robbed. As a Hog fan, Im about done with sports in general because we ALWAYS get robbed.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang