Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Television for the Regional...Where...

Started by FBREW000, June 02, 2017, 01:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBREW000

I am surprised that nothing is showing for the first game other than ESPN3.... I guess that is only watchespn.. Correct?

I thought surely it would be somewhere on television.  But notta....

:-[

Hogs49ers

Yes, it is unreal considering they showed every single softball game from the beginning of regional play on ESPN or ESPN2.
SCREW Vandy!

Supermark101

"Women>Men"

-ESPN

They get too much crap for being political, but this is obvious one to me.

Quote from: FBREW000 on June 02, 2017, 01:28:43 am
I am surprised that nothing is showing for the first game other than ESPN3.... I guess that is only watchespn.. Correct?

I thought surely it would be somewhere on television.  But notta....

:-[

Yes, WatchESPN and ESPN3 are essentially the same thing.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 02, 2017, 01:54:10 am
Yes, it is unreal considering they showed every single softball game from the beginning of regional play on ESPN or ESPN2.
This

jry04

It isn't physically possible to show every single softball game. You will see just as much baseball as you saw softball. Unfortunately, it won't be Arkansas. There is baseball on TV from 11am until probably midnight the next 3 days on ESPN2, ESPNU, and SECN.

micali

You would think the 1 sews would warrant TV time.

Bogghawg

Quote from: micali on June 02, 2017, 08:36:14 am
There are sixteen one seeds.  Not everything is a fast ESPN anti-hog conspiracy.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

jbell96

Quote from: micali on June 02, 2017, 08:36:14 am

Stanford is the #8 national seed, was the only game on last night, and it was on ESPN3. There are 16 1 seeds and last I checked ESPN didn't have 16 channels they could devote to college baseball. They'll have the bases loaded channel available on TV that goes from game to game.

yraciv

That is not true. They do bounce around coverage some, but I guarantee you men's is getting more coverage.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: jbell96 on June 02, 2017, 09:09:25 am
Stanford is the #8 national seed, was the only game on last night, and it was on ESPN3. There are 16 1 seeds and last I checked ESPN didn't have 16 channels they could devote to college baseball. They'll have the bases loaded channel available on TV that goes from game to game.

yeah well, they dont play all sixteen or all 32 games at the same time either.  I understand your point however.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

tennesseehogwild

Damn shame one the most competitive regionals not on tv. Same for the Houston regional.

Razorback_Mack

I guarantee you LSU and Florida are both on tv

jry04

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 02, 2017, 09:37:16 am
yeah well, they dont play all sixteen or all 32 games at the same time either.  I understand your point however.
There are 12 1 seeds who will be starting play between 5pm and 10 pm tonight. The WCWS is on tonight on 1 ESPN channel, so unless you are an SEC school you really only have ESPN2 and ESPNU. They are putting Florida on the SECN, Houston on ESPNU, #1 Oregon State on ESPNU, and Long Beach on ESPN2 tonight. The Texas v UCLA game is on ESPN2 as well. I know they aren't 1 seeds, but they are two historic programs in major markets so they will get a better draw than Arkansas v ORU. It is also easier to work with the late games since there is less content to choose from when a game is starting at 7 or 8 on the west coast. Lousville, TCU, Stanford, Wake, and Clemson all failed to get on one of the ESPN channels and will be streaming tonight.
Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 02, 2017, 09:38:11 am
Damn shame one the most competitive regionals not on tv. Same for the Houston regional.
Houston plays on TV tonight.

jry04

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 02, 2017, 09:47:31 am
They are also national seeds, and start at an earlier time. LSU is playing the afternoon game in their regional, and Florida is starting at 6 central.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jry04 on June 02, 2017, 09:51:41 am
They are also national seeds, and start at an earlier time. LSU is playing the afternoon game in their regional, and Florida is starting at 6 central.
And they're both playing teams that nobody outside of their fan bases will care to see.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 02, 2017, 09:56:04 am
And they're both playing teams that nobody outside of their fan bases will care to see.

As are we, lol.

jry04

Ok? You can say that about just about every 1 v 16 seed. The only way anyone outside of the die hard college baseball fans and fans of those teams are watching these 1 v 16 matchups is if there is a potential upset brewing. The difference is the timing of their games works better with the schedule, and they are top 4 national seeds. Florida's game starts at 6 CST/7 EST. It will be over by 10-10:30 to start SEC Now. Our game will be over at 11:00-11:30 or later if we played on SECN.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ricepig on June 02, 2017, 10:00:11 am
As are we, lol.
I watch random games all the time. And like I tell my wife when she asks me who I'm pulling for I'll say "I just wanna see a good game." ORU is a much better team than Marist and Texas Southern. If I didn't have a dog in the fight as a baseball fan I would want to watch a competitive game. The only way I would watch LSU or Florida is if it was late and they had chance to go down.

jbell96

Again, back to the time of day the games are on, not much is on TV at 2:30pm on a Friday afternoon as opposed to prime time when there are a lot of other programming on. Plus LSU is a national seed and one of the top programs in the nation, whether we like them or not.

Florida is a national seed and SEC co-champ, so you have to know that there game will be on SECN. There is no bias to showing the team that won your league on your league's channel.

Call me crazy, but I'm just grateful we have the technology and option to watch the game online in HD, as opposed to trying to find a radio station or watch on Razorvision like we used to. All about perspective I guess. 

jry04

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 02, 2017, 10:05:30 am
I watch random games all the time. And like I tell my wife when she asks me who I'm pulling for I'll say "I just wanna see a good game." ORU is a much better team than Marist and Texas Southern. If I didn't have a dog in the fight as a baseball fan I would want to watch a competitive game. The only way I would watch LSU or Florida is if it was late and they had chance to go down.
How do we know tonight will be a competitive game, though? LSU is playing at 2 or 2:30 anyways so comparing our opponent to theirs is irrelevant. Marist beat Mississippi State in a weekend game this year. I don't think it will be close, but I don't think it is out of the question considering Florida has struggled at times when their lineup disappears. However, we just assume because ORU rolled through one of the weakest schedules in the country it will be close. It could be a 4-3 game, but it also isn't out of the question that we beat then by 7-8 runs considering we run ruled Auburn, beat MSU 9-2, and run ruled Florida with one of the best pitchers on the mound in the last week.

Hogwild

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on June 02, 2017, 09:47:31 am

SEC Network schedule for today

Vandy- 11am
LSU-  2:30
Florida- 6pm

tennesseehogwild

Sure wish SECN would put the Alternate channels to good use in the future. Does anyone know for sure why they don't use them except when games overlap? I have never heard any explanation for this.

3kgthog

How the heck did Vandy's game get a tv spot? Is it one of the few playing at 11 am?

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 02, 2017, 11:44:25 am
How the heck did Vandy's game get a tv spot? Is it one of the few playing at 11 am?

yes! 2 other games are ESPNU: Ohio U vs Kentucky and ESPN2: UCF vs Auburn.

hawg1221

I tried to watch espn3 and I received a message that I was unauthorized to watch this content. All year I watched espn3.   is it me or does anyone else have an issue. 

ur

CJ HOG

woodrow hog call

Quote from: hawg1221 on June 02, 2017, 02:17:17 pm
I tried to watch espn3 and I received a message that I was unauthorized to watch this content. All year I watched espn3.   is it me or does anyone else have an issue. 

I have got that a time or two, never did find out why, might try to re enter all of your log in information. If you have updated your phone or PC it may have changed a setting.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hawg1221

Well, I combined my TV and Internet bills this week and had to call for them to reset my login info

Murr

Quote from: Supermark101 on June 02, 2017, 02:58:00 am
"Women>Men"

-ESPN

They get too much crap for being political, but this is obvious one to me.

Yes, WatchESPN and ESPN3 are essentially the same thing.

My panties are now in a wad. 

BallHog1

Quote from: Bogghawg on June 02, 2017, 08:57:55 am
There are sixteen one seeds.  Not everything is a fast ESPN anti-hog conspiracy.
I know, ESPN hates us...further evidence.

majestic

Still can't believe this isn't televised.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

ricepig

Quote from: majestic on June 02, 2017, 03:47:42 pm
Still can't believe this isn't televised.

Maybe they didn't want Alex Perlman nationwide?

Razorback_Mack

I'm really glad they televised this LSU game!

cosmodrum

Quote from: hawg1221 on June 02, 2017, 03:03:53 pm
Well, I combined my TV and Internet bills this week and had to call for them to reset my login info

We did that (DirecTV - Uverse) and it was a nightmare.
Go away, batin'

Earnhardt

Earnhardt

Razorback de Nosferatu

Glad to see tonight's game is on TV.

I don't think there is an anti-Razorback conspiracy, but a regional at Baum Stadium is a showcase event for a sport that is still trying to grow, as evidenced by that game and atmosphere last night.

So, good news that the Hogs--weather permitting--will enjoy television tonight.

But it's doing the sport no favors to largely doom this Fayetteville regional to the internet.

Earnhardt

Glad tonight's game is on the regular SEC Network and I certainly don't think there is any sort of conspiracy against us by the SEC Network. However, if you are limiting yourself to watching the game on your computer or phone when the game is on ESPN3/ SEC Network+ at this point instead of a TV screen that is 100% on you. There are plenty of ways to watch the game on a TV even when it is online only. You could get a HDMI cable and hook up your laptop to the TV which I used to do. You could also get a Chromecast for $25 and cast the game from the WatchESPN app from your phone to the TV. The best option from my experience is using the Roku and streaming the game on it.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: Earnhardt on June 03, 2017, 11:08:41 am
Glad tonight's game is on the regular SEC Network and I certainly don't think there is any sort of conspiracy against us by the SEC Network. However, if you are limiting yourself to watching the game on your computer or phone when the game is on ESPN3/ SEC Network+ at this point instead of a TV screen that is 100% on you. There are plenty of ways to watch the game on a TV even when it is online only. You could get a HDMI cable and hook up your laptop to the TV which I used to do. You could also get a Chromecast for $25 and cast the game from the WatchESPN app from your phone to the TV. The best option from my experience is using the Roku and streaming the game on it.

Absolutely.  I watched last night's game on the TV.

That's for big fans of the two teams, though.

Actual TV exposure should still be desired for the sake of national exposure.  Fans of other schools or more casual sports fans out there in other parts of the country looking for a game to watch are much more likely to land on your game if it's on an actual TV channel.

Baum was an amazing environment last night; it was a great statement for the sport that college baseball can look like *that.*  But only the most diehard fans saw it.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hogwild

We are the only game on the SEC Network today.  Guess when the conference goes 7-1, that's a lot of games going on at the same time, glad they chose us.

Anyone else notice the difficult position of the camera.  In the Baylor/A&M game, you couldn't see home plate on the TV screen.  In the 2 games I watched, the cameras were not behind the pitcher so you couldn't see if the plate ump was calling tight, loose of indifferent.  I am watching Baylor/Houston right now and cannot see the home plate.  I guess it could be red in color and just blends in.  I thought the plate and bases had to be a discernible color.

TNhogfan

Quote from: Earnhardt on June 03, 2017, 11:08:41 am
Chromecast is a great way to watch.  I did last night; excellent HD picture.  I also like to use Firestick to watch games.