Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are the best places to eat/park during regionals weekend

Started by pa_rob424, May 31, 2017, 09:21:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pa_rob424

1st time at Baum this weekend. Where would you recommend someone coming from out of state this weekend to take his family to eat (lunch/ early dinner)?  Considering places that have variety of things (burgers, sandwiches, good appetizers, etc), can handle large crowds and provide good service? 

Also- any tips on places for parking?  Have a crew cab chevy and want to avoid lots with narrow spaces and not have to walk 5 miles to get to the park.

George S. Pigton

This link shows the parking for this weekend, as far as eats.  FogHorns across from the stadium is great but likely to be packed
on Sat.

Better off hitting Dickson Street.  The JJ's there, US Pizza, Farrell's Sports Lounge, Hammon Trees Grilled Cheese, Deluxe Burger are always easy bets plus some other smaller
spots to eat.  Honestly, really not a bad spot on Dickson to spend some time and eat.  If kids in tow, check out Kream on West Street, they have grilled donuts filled
with ice cream, rolled in cereal.  It's the bomb for kids.

Off Dickson you can get away from the crowds some and hit Whole Hog Café, Smitty's Garage Burgers, The Catfish Whole, Hunan Manor or go old School with
Herman's Rib House.  Another old school stand by up in Springdale area is The Venesian Inn, serving Fried Chicken and Spaghetti for about 50 years or more I guess.

Oh, there is also a Food Truck Park on Dickson, usually 6-7 tasty and easy spots to grab a bit there as well.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/free-shuttle-service-available-for-fayetteville-regional/#sm.0001x98x3strof8dvm01xjadksvn1
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

pa_rob424

southeasthog

Was in town this past weekend. If you happen to go to Foghorns, try the Cayenne Ranch jumbo tendersand the Fried Banana Peppers also. Actually all their food is good.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: pa_rob424 on May 31, 2017, 09:21:35 am
1st time at Baum this weekend. Where would you recommend someone coming from out of state this weekend to take his family to eat (lunch/ early dinner)?  Considering places that have variety of things (burgers, sandwiches, good appetizers, etc), can handle large crowds and provide good service? 

Also- any tips on places for parking?  Have a crew cab chevy and want to avoid lots with narrow spaces and not have to walk 5 miles to get to the park.

If you are coming up Friday, do not forget the Walmart shareholders will be in Fayetteville until Friday afternoon. Where ever you are going, get there early!

HogFansReunited

Foghorns for food. Jeff has a location right beside Baum but I still like his original location more. As for parking, they have a pretty good size lot for Baum stadium if you show up a little before the game starts.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Oh and southeasthog is wrong, the spicy garlic parmesan wings are the best.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

soso

TikiHog

southeasthog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 31, 2017, 09:55:38 pm
Oh and southeasthog is wrong, the spicy garlic parmesan wings are the best.
I will have to try those next time I am in town.

spe450

Quote from: George S. Pigton on May 31, 2017, 10:37:05 am
This link shows the parking for this weekend, as far as eats.  FogHorns across from the stadium is great but likely to be packed
on Sat.

If kids in tow, check out Kream on West Street, they have grilled donuts filled

"for kids"

hahahahahaha!  In my chubbiness, I find it hard to resist any time I walk by!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bosshog84

You definitely have to try Foghorn's while you are there! Whoever mentioned the spicy garlic parm wings hit the nail on the head!

porque

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 31, 2017, 09:53:10 pm
Foghorns for food. Jeff has a location right beside Baum but I still like his original location more. As for parking, they have a pretty good size lot for Baum stadium if you show up a little before the game starts.

His original location is no longer open.  There is a Mexican place there now.  He moved to the current College location down the street when Mermaids moved.

BroyledNutts

ricepig

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ricepig on June 01, 2017, 11:46:17 am
I bet it's busy, anyway.

Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be some folks there ... it shouldn't be the chaos it is during school, however.

ricepig

Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 01, 2017, 11:48:45 am
Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be some folks there ... it shouldn't be the chaos it is during school, however.

Yeah, only a 15 minute wait.....

spe450

Quote from: Kevin on June 01, 2017, 08:33:40 am
How busy will
Hugo's be Friday ?

It's never bad as long as you don't go in a large party.  They feed you and get you out the door.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: porque on June 01, 2017, 09:42:45 am
His original location is no longer open.  There is a Mexican place there now.  He moved to the current College location down the street when Mermaids moved.

That kind of sucks. Had a good time there many times when it was his only location.  Had a lot of good bands on the patio.

Member #3568

coach, my back hurts

Does the park offer anything good to eat?

We will be pressed for time and wont have time to eat.

Do they grill or smoke any kind of meat?

Thanks

George S. Pigton

They normally have a grill doing fresh burgers and there has been a BBQ truck there as well.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

ricepig

Quote from: George S. Pigton on June 01, 2017, 08:18:13 pm
They normally have a grill doing fresh burgers and there has been a BBQ truck there as well.

Yeah, the BBQ truck has good BBQ nachos.

TX HOG

This will be our first trip too. I was thinking about arriving around 5:30. Is that good?

hawg IQ

Quote from: George S. Pigton on May 31, 2017, 10:37:05 am
on Sat.

Better off hitting Dickson Street.  The JJ's there, US Pizza, Farrell's Sports Lounge, Hammon Trees Grilled Cheese, Deluxe Burger are always easy bets plus some other smaller
spots to eat.  Honestly, really not a bad spot on Dickson to spend some time and eat.  If kids in tow, check out Kream on West Street, they have grilled donuts filled

Off Dickson you can get away from the crowds some and hit Whole Hog Café, Smitty's Garage Burgers, The Catfish Whole, Hunan Manor or go old School with
Herman's Rib House.  Another old school stand by up in Springdale area is The Venesian Inn, serving Fried Chicken and Spaghetti for about 50 years or more I guess.

Oh, there is also a Food Truck Park on Dickson, usually 6-7 tasty and easy spots to grab a bit there as well.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/free-shuttle-service-available-for-fayetteville-regional/#sm.0001x98x3strof8dvm01xjadksvn1
Springdale area for food> Neal's  café (down home fried chicken, trimmings) Susan's for breakfast, Las palmas for Mexican food, can't beat Mama Z's in tontitown..  Fayetteville> Penguin Ed's for bar b que, sandwiches ,best atJason's deli  and Hugo's for Burgers, best steak is Doe's (somewhat pricey) catfish hole cannot be beat for catfish. of course if you're going pasta, Olive garden is really good. Pizza would be Cusano's if I spelled that right., enjoy your trip and Go Hogs.
go hogs go !

BroyledNutts

Quote from: TX HOG on June 01, 2017, 08:34:16 pm
This will be our first trip too. I was thinking about arriving around 5:30. Is that good?

If you're arriving at the park at that time you should be ok ... you may encounter some game 1 traffic, as that would be close to time it will end if there's no delays.

jvanhorn

Quote from: hawg IQ on June 01, 2017, 09:30:55 pm
Springdale area for food> Neal's  café (down home fried chicken, trimmings) Susan's for breakfast, Las palmas for Mexican food, can't beat Mama Z's in tontitown..  Fayetteville> Penguin Ed's for bar b que, sandwiches ,best atJason's deli  and Hugo's for Burgers, best steak is Doe's (somewhat pricey) catfish hole cannot be beat for catfish. of course if you're going pasta, Olive garden is really good. Pizza would be Cusano's if I spelled that right., enjoy your trip and Go Hogs.

Also in Springdale.  Dink's for BBque and Ron's Hamburgers and Chili is also very good.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jvanhorn on June 02, 2017, 03:43:19 am
Also in Springdale.  Dink's for BBque and Ron's Hamburgers and Chili is also very good.

More Springdale:
Angus Jack's (Sunset/Hwy 412 east of I-49) makes a dang good burger but no beer,  MJ's Pizzeria (next to MacAdoodles @ Elm Springs Rd exit) is very good, Joe's Italian Grill on Robinson (Hwy 412 E in former Mary Maestri building). New Jose's going west on 412 in Tontitown.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hollywood_HOGan45

TX HOG

We didn't get to Baum till a little after 6. Couldn't see the field. Guess we'll shoot for closer to 5 this evening. I didn't realize that if you're in your own chairs in the grass and a bit deep, you can't see anything going on on the field. I was hoping they might show live action on the game board.

spe450

Quote from: TX HOG on June 03, 2017, 10:32:47 am
We didn't get to Baum till a little after 6. Couldn't see the field. Guess we'll shoot for closer to 5 this evening. I didn't realize that if you're in your own chairs in the grass and a bit deep, you can't see anything going on on the field. I was hoping they might show live action on the game board.

The line for the hog pen is around the corner well before they open the gates. May be worth getting there even earlier.

The screen is in the batters line of sight. It would be pretty terrible to have live action on the screen.

TX HOG

Quote from: spe450 on June 03, 2017, 10:42:17 am
The line for the hog pen is around the corner well before they open the gates. May be worth getting there even earlier.

The screen is in the batters line of sight. It would be pretty terrible to have live action on the screen.

So like 4:30? We are new to this. Thanks.

thebignasty

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on June 02, 2017, 06:56:14 am
More Springdale:
Angus Jack's (Sunset/Hwy 412 east of I-49) makes a dang good burger but no beer,  MJ's Pizzeria (next to MacAdoodles @ Elm Springs Rd exit) is very good, Joe's Italian Grill on Robinson (Hwy 412 E in former Mary Maestri building). New Jose's going west on 412 in Tontitown.

Edit:

I didn't realize Joes had reopened in Springdale. The Springdale location was better than Fayetteville. Have to check it out.

thebignasty

Quote from: hawg IQ on June 01, 2017, 09:30:55 pm

Best sandwiches in Fayetteville are at green sub.

Burrito loco and mr loco taco are sketch looking but the best authentic Mexican food in Fayetteville.

Lucky Lukes is underrated bbq.

Hankweb

Parked in "Road Hog" (where RVs are) lot. Maybe 10 cars there. 5+ minute walk.
  It was about 30 minutes before the game and they were still allowing cars to park in the Baum East lot (right across from field) when I walked by.

Dr. Starcs

Ate at foghorns yesterday.

Smallest wings I've ever seen. 6 of them cost me $8. You don't get any sides with them.

Would not recommend.

TX HOG

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 04, 2017, 08:35:14 am

Smallest wings I've ever seen. 6 of them cost me $8. You don't get any sides with them.

Would not recommend.

We did too. Yes, wings were very small. Tasty but small.

WorfHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 04, 2017, 08:35:14 am

Would not recommend.

That's why you get the jumbo tenders.  That said Foghorn's has been going downhill for a while. They're starting to get really stingy with the amount of sauce they put on things.

I know this is late, but Susan's in Springdale is always excellent. I've never had a bad experience there. There will be a wait, and it's worth it. 

TX HOG

We just moved from Texas. I'm taking notes of the good places to eat that are being mentioned here too. Thanks.

Paladin_Hog

Quote from: porque on June 01, 2017, 09:42:45 am
Foghorn's is still there...outside of the stadium.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: thebignasty on June 03, 2017, 10:52:12 am
Edit:

I didn't realize Joes had reopened in Springdale. The Springdale location was better than Fayetteville. Have to check it out.
Yes...out on 412 East (Robinson). Very good. Old location on Sunset was torn down after the fire and a Starbucks was built there.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WorfHog on June 04, 2017, 03:17:41 pm
That's why you get the jumbo tenders.  That said Foghorn's has been going downhill for a while. They're starting to get really stingy with the amount of sauce they put on things.

I know this is late, but Susan's in Springdale is always excellent. I've never had a bad experience there. There will be a wait, and it's worth it.

^^^This.

Dark Helmet Hog

Breakfast - Susan's is the best. Neil's, Sunset Café and Wagon Wheel Café are good too. Springdale owns the breakfast scene.
Mexican - Las Palmas in Springdale.
Burgers - Hugos, Patrick's, wish there was a David's Burger here.
Greek - Kosmos
Seafood - Mermaids, Powerhouse, Catfish Hole
Steak - Doe's
BBQ - Whole Hog is ok but the area lacks a great one. I don't care for Penguin Eds at all. Might be something better in Rogers or Bentonville.
Pizza - Guido's and Tim's
Chicken - AQ in Springdale is on the rise again especially for lunch. Neil's is great too for Southern cooking.
Italian - Mama Z's in Tontitown is outstanding (homemade spaghetti) and Joe's in Springdale is good too.

thebignasty

Quote from: RGRHog on June 04, 2017, 04:45:47 pm
Foghorn's is still there...outside of the stadium.

That's not the original location. First one was on 71 next door to where hunan manor used to be.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: WorfHog on June 04, 2017, 03:17:41 pm

I'd have to disagree.  Great place and Jeff is a great owner that takes pride in his food.

Paladin_Hog

Quote from: thebignasty on June 04, 2017, 08:17:19 pm
That's not the original location. First one was on 71 next door to where hunan manor used to be.
Ok, there are 2 others in Fayetteville and 1 in Springdale.

thebignasty