Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo being negative

Started by twistitup, February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: LZH on February 08, 2018, 07:17:54 pm
If someone truly liked Bielema, why wouldn't he like Morris? I admit that I really wanted Norvell, but now I'm pretty convinced we hired the right guy. Norvell was a flash in the pan and/or trouble waiting to happen. I can't think of one reason that Morris isn't our guy.

It isn't necessary to put down Mike Norvell to make coach Morris look better. Coach Morris doesn't need that kind of help. He's a good coach.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

allhogislost

My biggest problem with Bo is the accept the mediocrity mantra he pushes. You are Arkansas know your place. Then he will spend half his show extolling  the virtues of Saban and theTide. I know it is insignificant but I wonder if it hurts instate recruiting. I often wonder if he receives a little payment on the side.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 07:29:07 pm
I'm really not trying to trash Bo....I've listened to his show for years and I know he likes to stir the pot, but it usually has SOME merit.

Now it more like a little child that is angry and refuses to be happy - even when change 'for the better' is happening in front of his face. He will dismiss facts to stay on his negative agenda- kind of confusing.

He was a bit over the Top Yesterday. And I been listening for over 4 years since I found I could stream it on my work PC.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pghawg1

BO to me is a JERK. I get tired of you can't recruit to Ark,crap. He is just an outsider that has lived in our state for a long time. When we were looking for a coach is the first time I  listened to him in years. He hadn't changed in years and he never will.

twistitup

Quote from: allhogislost on February 09, 2018, 08:08:46 am
My biggest problem with Bo is the accept the mediocrity mantra he pushes. You are Arkansas know your place. Then he will spend half his show extolling  the virtues of Saban and theTide. I know it is insignificant but I wonder if it hurts instate recruiting. I often wonder if he receives a little payment on the side.

"How many stars do you think the Razorback program has? 2, 3, 4,? Just say you are 3 star....how can you beat out the top teams for the good recruits? Look at TX -how do you do that, look at all the competition - I don't know if it's possible......look who you are up against" blah blah blah

You are correct - he loves to treat us like the low man on the totem pole - almost takes pride in it. What a miserable way to try to get ratings - "Look at the class this year, we are on the level of Vandy, Kentucky, Missiouri - and look....there is Arkansas!" blah blah blah - he sticks to his agenda

He enjoyed his time with his mediocre buddies JLong and CBB and little too much if you ask me.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 08:20:50 am
"How many stars do you think the Razorback program has? 2, 3, 4,? Just say you are 3 star....how can you beat out the top teams for the good recruits? Look at TX -how do you do that, look at all the competition - I don't know if it's possible......look who you are up against" blah blah blah

You are correct - he loves to treat us like the low man on the totem pole - almost takes pride in it. What a miserable way to try to get ratings - "Look at the class this year, we are on the level of Vandy, Kentucky, Missiouri - and look....there is Arkansas!" blah blah blah - he sticks to his agenda

He enjoyed his time with his mediocre buddies JLong and CBB and little too much if you ask me.

He's driving conversation and interest, thus the thread, or callers. I don't listen to radio sports shows, or Finebaum, too many idiots allowed. I prefer being with my other idiots on here!

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: pghawg1 on February 09, 2018, 08:15:31 am
BO to me is a JERK. I get tired of you can't recruit to Ark,crap. He is just an outsider that has lived in our state for a long time. When we were looking for a coach is the first time I  listened to him in years. He hadn't changed in years and he never will.

^^^
This. I've lived in neighboring SEC states for 18 years now, and I'm trying to think of any radio hosts that are outsiders that hold and command a talk show where they have a pulpit to denegrate the local team? I find it stunning that someone with no true loyalty to the states' flagship athletic program can hold a position like that. It comes across as "self sabotage " by continuing to enable this.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2018, 08:28:04 am
He's driving conversation and interest, thus the thread, or callers. I don't listen to radio sports shows, or Finebaum, too many idiots allowed. I prefer being with my other idiots on here!

Conversation?

He drives conflict.....conversation is something completely diff that you don't get w sports radio.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 08:30:31 pm
Did you not read the examples in the above post? He is still arguing CBB would be here w 2 more wins and that JLong should not have been fired.

There are several more example in the post and more that was said...it's not just my opinion - I was with a group of 7 listening and nobody could understand the arguing and negativity. His overall tone was a downer...it is what it is. A guy was talking about the numbers and how they worked - Bo cut him off and said we covered that yesterday, let's not try to paint a pretty picture - this was one of the worst recruiting classes ever....c'mon that is crazy to put this class on CCM - he just stepped in the freakin' door.

I think Bielema probably would still be where with two more wins.  If he had beaten Missouri and VA Tech in 2016 I think last season would be seen as more of an anomaly with the injuries. I'm not saying that would have been the right move, but I think that's what would have happened. I think a lot of talk radio is like wrestling, you have to have story-lines and things to keep it interesting.  Bo tends to take a little opposite side of the fence from what ever the public consensus is at the time.  That drives callers into the show.  When things were going south on Bielema, he took the defensive, Now folks are optimistic on Morris he's taking a slightly different tack. It is a little frustrating that although since last year Bielema and company were warning that this would be a low rated class because of how many people they were going to be able to take and now everyone acts like this is somehow and indictment of Morris.  There were going to be even fewer scholarship slots under Bielema presumably so our ranking would have been even worse than it currently is.  Not to say the recruits would be worse, but the actual ranking due to more zeroes in the average.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 08:29:44 am
Conversation?

He drives conflict.....conversation is something completely diff that you don't get w sports radio.

Are we not talking about it?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2018, 08:34:05 am
Are we not talking about it?

We are complaining about his negativity. It's not the type of conversation most want. Like I said above - he creates dissension - it's his goal. I'm not a fan of being perpetually negative (by Bo or BtV)...especially when positive is happening and you CHOOSE to not focus on it.

allhogislost

Find myself listening to Sully more and more. The Jerry Jones skits they do are epic!

hawgon

I don't listen to him and I'm not really sure how people do.  He is very condescending.  He is trying to be our version of Finebaum, but Bo has an edge that for lack of a better way to say it, is just mean.  Finebaum is fun most of the time.  Bo comes across as bitter.

hogsanity

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 06:56:06 pm
He used his platform to prop up a failing CBB and JLong - but is now using his platform to create dissension within the fanbase...

His glass is half empty w Coach Morris - strange he is not excited for change after the mediocre seasons we have been having.

I listen to him quite a bit lately while driving to games, and I do not hear negativity at all. Just yesterday he pointed out the class would have been ranked alot higher if they had signed 24 instead of 16, and that they did a great job considering they did not even have a defensive staff until after the bowls.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

steveaustin69

You think Alabama is paying Bo Mattingly? Did I read that correctly?

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on February 09, 2018, 08:54:30 am
He is very condescending. 

Translated - Bo does not let people just get on the radio and make unfounded claims. When someone says something like " the coach is just playing favorites " Bo asks for specifics as to how the caller knows this. Of course it is answered with stuttering and and ums and Ahs, followed by " I just know it and you're just a protecting someone ".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

oxhog24

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2018, 07:45:04 pm
Morris's success next year isn't going to be based on this recruiting class.  it will be based on whether he can get more out of our current team than BB could.

Bret wasn't a bad recruiter by arkansas standards, so Morris should have an average amount of talent to work with.
Yesterday Bo and his idiot posse was calling people stupid for saying there was talent on the hill that CBB just could not develop it....next season when the Hogs are successful they will be giving CBB the credit for leaving Coach Morris with so much talent...Bo is just an angry little Elf

allhogislost

steve austin 69 do you work for or with Bo?

Tusks

After the designated driver incident in 98 he should have been given a one way ticket back to FL.  PERIOD.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hog N Bama

Quote from: pghawg1 on February 09, 2018, 08:15:31 am
Yes and perhaps butt hurt we embarrassed his precious Gators. Go home Bo. GET OUT!

hawgon

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 09:08:32 am
Translated - Bo does not let people just get on the radio and make unfounded claims. When someone says something like " the coach is just playing favorites " Bo asks for specifics as to how the caller knows this. Of course it is answered with stuttering and and ums and Ahs, followed by " I just know it and you're just a protecting someone ".

No, translated as he is a condescending ass even when he is right.

hogsanity

Quote from: oxhog24 on February 09, 2018, 09:18:15 am
Yesterday Bo and his idiot posse was calling people stupid for saying there was talent on the hill that CBB just could not develop it....next season when the Hogs are successful they will be giving CBB the credit for leaving Coach Morris with so much talent...Bo is just an angry little Elf

Ah look a 12 1/2 yr old acct with fewer than 8 posts a yr and most of those coming in 2011 or earlier. So, who's alternate acct are you?

Funny thing though, there is another thread pointing out that last yr they had 13 red shirts, and several of those look like they will push for playing time this yr.

The NewEra

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm
The guy just oozes negativity.....
Angry lil feller- doesn't think J Long should have been fired...disappointed it didn't work out for his drinking buddy CBB

He loves the recruiting class being in the 50's...he has that childish 'told you so' attitude that makes a person want to puke.

He's not pulling for a turnaround...it's obvious

I tuned in yesterday to listen to his show and after the first 15 minutes I was thinking, this guy has an agenda.  Bo was intent on dumping on this years recruiting class.  A caller started explaining how you lose points toward your ranking if you don't sign 20 and Bo didn't want to hear any of that.  It became pretty obvious he was on a mission yesterday so I just turned him off. 

Bo was interviewing Morris Wednesday after the signings.  Morris said these guys are coming here to play for the University of Arkansas, but also for the entire state of Arkansas.  Bo asked "Is that something that you are trying to make sure Razorback Fans hear, that it's the entire state's program, just because of things that maybe you've been told coming into the job?"  I thought that was a really stupid, condescending question, basically asking Morris if he is pandering to state.  Of course Morris is trying to build unity around the state for the program.  It seemed like the nature of the question caught Morris off guard for a second.

Bo's starting to rub me a little wrong these days.  If I need a dose of negativity I can always log on to Hogville.  I don't need it from Bo.  We made a coaching change to get away from just that type of vibe around the program.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 08:37:44 am
We are complaining about his negativity. It's not the type of conversation most want. Like I said above - he creates dissension - it's his goal. I'm not a fan of being perpetually negative (by Bo or BtV)...especially when positive is happening and you CHOOSE to not focus on it.

And some on here have backed him, sounds like conversation to me. I don't listen, but seems he is getting his name out there, good for his business.

hogsanity

Quote from: The NewEra on February 09, 2018, 09:39:28 am

Bo was interviewing Morris Wednesday after the signings.  Morris said these guys are coming here to play for the University of Arkansas, but also for the entire state of Arkansas.  Bo asked "Is that something that you are trying to make sure Razorback Fans hear, that it's the entire state's program, just because of things that maybe you've been told coming into the job?

And I thought it was a good question because Morris. not being from here, may have been told certain things about how some parts of the state have felt neglected and that he, along with the University, needed to fix that.

And of course it is pandering to parts of the state.

Busta_Nutt

Bart's about as intelligent as a soup can. Ever seen his "Poll" questions on Twitter? 90% of the time there is no poll.

jst01

My opinion on Bo is that it hurts his business future revenue and his status as a person/insider when BB was fired.  His friendship with BB gave him status. I have heard him mention texting back and forth with Justin Moore about games, or having dinner with other SEC coaches.  I seriously think stuff like that was because of his friendship with BB and it started with the show he made. He probably lets his disappointment come thru in his conversation some times and that's kind of understandable.

onebadrubi

The problem with this though is Bo is sizing up callers.  Bo does the same things sometimes, he does not know for fact a lot of the things he says, he is using his judgement.  Yet, he wants you to believe he does and is saying with certainty.  He is always sizing the caller up. Also if you actually know something why should you have to reveal how you know, he doesn't? Generally because he is either speaking in vague terms, general ideas, or making darn up.

steveaustin69

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 09, 2018, 09:48:12 am
The problem with this though is Bo is sizing up callers.  Bo does the same things sometimes, he does not know for fact a lot of the things he says, he is using his judgement.  Yet, he wants you to believe he does and is saying with certainty.  He is always sizing the caller up. Also if you actually know something why should you have to reveal how you know, he doesn't? Generally because he is either speaking in vague terms, general ideas, or making darn up.

Kinda ironic that this post is vague as hell.

The NewEra

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 09:45:18 am
And I thought it was a good question because Morris. not being from here, may have been told certain things about how some parts of the state have felt neglected and that he, along with the University, needed to fix that.

And of course it is pandering to parts of the state.

Proof that two people can hear the same thing and take two different positions on it.  The key word in that quote to me was "just".

GRIMMHOG

February 09, 2018, 09:56:47 am #80 Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:30:14 am by GRIMMHOG
I have no idea what anyone's problem with Bo is. I like his show except for a few dumbass callers. Plus it's the highest rated show for a reason. Haters going to hate
Embrace the Pain

GRIMMHOG

Quote from: oxhog24 on February 09, 2018, 09:18:15 am
I heard that segment and I thought Bo agreed with the caller for the most part. Never heard him call the guy stupid.
Embrace the Pain

twistitup

Quote from: GRIMMHOG on February 09, 2018, 10:00:29 am
I heard that segment and I thought Bo agreed with the caller for the most part. Never heard him call the guy stupid.

It was Bart that called the guy stupid, I believe. Bo argued for a minute, but the guy made sense...his sidekick was just beside himself " that's just stupid- there's not much talent on this team" then argued against the star system basically...

Neither thought we had top 25 recruiting over the past 5 years

twistitup

FutureMan

I live in Oklahoma so I don't listen to Bo, but anyone who makes the argument that we made the wrong decision in firing Long and CBB is just not correct.  CBB was done here.  He hit his pinnacle in 2015 and has been on a downward slide since.  He needed to go.  I believe strongly in this new staff, and I believe we will ultimately be way more successful under Coach Morris than if we had stuck with CBB.  No doubt in my mind.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

TexasRazorback

Bo is unbearable to listen too. just stop listening to him, hes never told me anything i didnt already know or thought was an interesting piece. I can thankfully say I have not listened to him in 2 years and its been great

GRIMMHOG

Embrace the Pain

welchog

Quote from: tusked on February 09, 2018, 09:26:55 am
After the designated driver incident in 98 he should have been given a one way ticket back to FL.  PERIOD.
Forgot about that one.  He did leave AR in 2007, but came back.   Would like to hear that story from TL.

hogsanity

Quote from: TexasRazorback on February 09, 2018, 10:23:13 am
Bo is unbearable to listen too. just stop listening to him, hes never told me anything i didnt already know or thought was an interesting piece. I can thankfully say I have not listened to him in 2 years and its been great

Honestly I do not know why anyone would listen to talk radio ( be it sports or news or whatever ) for more than maybe 5 mins unless they have a good interview on. I may listen to Bo when I am going to a game, but usually it is in the background while my partner and I talk.

What I do find funny is how many people say they hate him or his show, yet they keep listening.

RME

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:34:38 am
Honestly I do not know why anyone would listen to talk radio ( be it sports or news or whatever ) for more than maybe 5 mins unless they have a good interview on. I may listen to Bo when I am going to a game, but usually it is in the background while my partner and I talk.

What I do find funny is how many people say they hate him or his show, yet they keep listening.

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 08:57:13 am
I listen to him quite a bit lately while driving to games, and I do not hear negativity at all. Just yesterday he pointed out the class would have been ranked alot higher if they had signed 24 instead of 16, and that they did a great job considering they did not even have a defensive staff until after the bowls.

So...it sounds like you do pay attention to the show...

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 10:43:13 am
So...it sounds like you do pay attention to the show...

When I do listen, of course. But it has been the same on Arkansas sports radio for 20 years. All the way back to Chuck's show. What people want is a place to be able to ramble and make unfounded claims and not have their statements challenged. We see the same thing here, and when someone does get their opinion challenged they get their panties in a wad and say they do not have to prove anything.

And it is not any different on any other caller driven show anywhere. People want to pop off and have no one disagree with them and if the host does challenge them they get accused of protecting whatever team is being discussed.

HogPharmer

I don't think Nick Saban needs to pay a NWA radio show host on the side in order to consistently beat the UofA.

But what do I know?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

RME

Quote from: HogPharmer on February 09, 2018, 10:53:24 am
I don't think Nick Saban needs to pay a NWA radio show host on the side in order to consistently beat the UofA.

But what do I know?

Everyone all across the country has the Arkansas Razorbacks at the forefront of their mind and they're doing everything they can to undermine our football program and cause dissension amongst the fans.

Didn't you know?

HogPharmer

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 09, 2018, 10:55:47 am
Everyone all across the country has the Arkansas Razorbacks at the forefront of their mind and they're doing everything they can to undermine our football program and cause dissension amongst the fans.

Didn't you know?

If Bama is paying Bo Mattingly, just imagine how much they are paying Finebaum!!!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Godfather

I'll admit.. Here's what I thought reading this... 
WPS to the end.

I don't listen to sports talk radio or TV hardly at all.  I do have a suggestion and I'm too lazy to do this myself.

If anyone cares enough to invest the time, why not take the average recruit percentage, that actual number that recruiting services issue each recruit, add that up and divide by 16, then multiply that number by 25 for a full load of recruits and see where we actually come out against the Nation.  I know we ended up in the 60s based on our actual recruits.  Likely we would have ended up in the 30s with a full load.  Thats just a guess.

hogsanity

Quote from: 12247 on February 09, 2018, 11:09:48 am
I don't listen to sports talk radio or TV hardly at all.  I do have a suggestion and I'm too lazy to do this myself.

If anyone cares enough to invest the time, why not take the average recruit percentage, that actual number that recruiting services issue each recruit, add that up and divide by 16, then multiply that number by 25 for a full load of recruits and see where we actually come out against the Nation.  I know we ended up in the 60s based on our actual recruits.  Likely we would have ended up in the 30s with a full load.  Thats just a guess.

And Bo made that exact point. The class is ranked where it is because of only having 16 players in it. If I read the list correctly, only 2 teams signed fewer players, Stanford and I cant remember the other one.

steveaustin69

Quote from: 12247 on February 09, 2018, 11:09:48 am

Yeah based on past posts we all know you don't like to do any research.

DeltaBoy

Bo still suffering from his Butthurt over losing his Youtube show about our last Coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2018, 11:23:45 am
Bo still suffering from his Butthurt over losing his Youtube show about our last Coach.

fans still suffering from butthurt over losing since joining the sec.