Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front court is killing us

Started by Marshfieldhog, January 30, 2018, 10:30:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieBack

Quote from: bvillepig on January 31, 2018, 03:47:23 pm
LOL   I enjoy the sold out Bud and roll the ball out. Even though we both know it's a lot more than that.

Sssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Don't tell anyone Bud Walton is selling out games.  It will ruin the whole depressing, pessimistic vibe for some of us.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 30, 2018, 10:30:59 pm
Thomas, Cook, Thompson, and even Gafford is killing this team. No points, few rebounds, nothing! Gafford will be good next year, we had some big recruiting whiffs with the bigs.

IF no one passes the ball in to them they cant score....  And when you shoot 3's the rebounds bounce out further and makes them ineffective.  If you are going to throw up so many 3's you should go with small quick line ups like Auburn and out quick the other team to the long rebounds.
SEC!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 31, 2018, 04:31:52 pm
IF no one passes the ball in to them they cant score....  And when you shoot 3's the rebounds bounce out further and makes them ineffective.  If you are going to throw up so many 3's you should go with small quick line ups like Auburn and out quick the other team to the long rebounds.

Would you pass the ball to Cook? They did last night and he missed a easy lay up. Thomas shot a terrible jump shot.

Athog

Quote from: GuvHog on January 31, 2018, 08:13:39 am
That's what happens when the coach refuses to recruit true big men.

Yep could not have said it better!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Breems on January 31, 2018, 03:13:07 pm
Macon and Barford play in the Roll The Ball Out There offense with no sets and are both top 4 in the league in scoring. niels_boar posted some telling stats about our offensive efficiency after the UGA game. I guess Allen and Perry are big fans of Spider Y 2 Banana systems. We need Stan Heath and his sets back on the hill to appease the crowd and recruits.

well played. I remember well how fans were so excited Arkansas was finally going to have a coach who coached "blocking out" and running offensive sets like Michigan State. That turned out great.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

OkieBack

Quote from: Jim Harris on February 01, 2018, 10:17:02 am
well played. I remember well how fans were so excited Arkansas was finally going to have a coach who coached "blocking out" and running offensive sets like Michigan State. That turned out great.

My point exactly.  That was the most boring basketball I've ever seen.  But I find it funny that fans are "ok" to have an exciting football team and win may be 7 or 8 games with no hope for the playoffs, but when it comes to basketball they must have a Final Four contender every year, no matter if the team is competing or not.  Two different standards for two different sports in my opinion.  Not cool.

PonderinHog

Quote from: OkieBack on February 01, 2018, 10:25:18 am
My point exactly.  That was the most boring basketball I've ever seen.  But I find it funny that fans are "ok" to have an exciting football team and win may be 7 or 8 games with no hope for the playoffs, but when it comes to basketball they must have a Final Four contender every year, no matter if the team is competing or not.  Two different standards for two different sports in my opinion.  Not cool.
It's Eddie and Nolan's fault.

Kevin

Quote from: OkieBack on February 01, 2018, 10:25:18 am

nobody expects final four contender every year, nice hyperbole.  tournament every year,  sweet 16 once in every 4 years.  so that is too much to expect?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

OkieBack

Quote from: Kevin on February 01, 2018, 10:56:51 am
nobody expects final four contender every year, nice hyperbole.  tournament every year,  sweet 16 once in every 4 years.  so that is too much to expect?

Possibly.  But not if you are North Carolina or Kansas.  Speaking of which, if Arkansas doesn't play the eventual NC Tarheels the 2nd game of last year's tournament then guess what...you have your Sweet 16 appearance or possibly Elite 8.  But yeah, yeah, yeah I know to all you naysayers that's just an excuse.  I realize its not popular to defend this team or this coach to some of you. 

porkinsons disease

Quote from: OkieBack on February 01, 2018, 11:38:26 am
Possibly.  But not if you are North Carolina or Kansas.  Speaking of which, if Arkansas doesn't play the eventual NC Tarheels the 2nd game of last year's tournament then guess what...you have your Sweet 16 appearance or possibly Elite 8.  But yeah, yeah, yeah I know to all you naysayers that's just an excuse.  I realize its not popular to defend this team or this coach to some of you.
How you play during the year mostly determines your seed. Maybe if we win a few more games , we don't get the UNC matchup. You say Elite 8, why don't you shoot for Final 4? Mike has done neither here, so they both are a pipedream.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

OkieBack

Quote from: porkinsons disease on February 01, 2018, 11:48:46 am
How you play during the year mostly determines your seed. Maybe if we win a few more games , we don't get the UNC matchup. You say Elite 8, why don't you shoot for Final 4? Mike has done neither here, so they both are a pipedream.

I saw allot of other higher ranked teams also go down to NC in last year's tournament.  Teams that were supposedly much better than Arkansas who DID win more games during the regular season.  Didn't make much diff in the end though did it?  It was NC's year.  Go convince the AD you want to bring back Stan Heath or Pelphrey.  May be on their 2nd stint they can get you that Sweet 16 appearance.  Then again may be the Hogs will be absent from the NCAAT for another five or six years.

Kevin

Quote from: OkieBack on February 01, 2018, 11:38:26 am

if they have a better regular season they are not an 8th seed playing the 1 seed in the second round. yeah, yeah, I know all you Anderson loyalist only pick at choose the narrative, that suits you.

so may expectations are too high? you said possibly. nice non answer
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Quote from: OkieBack on February 01, 2018, 12:04:52 pm
I saw allot of other higher ranked teams also go down to NC in last year's tournament.  Teams that were supposedly much better than Arkansas who DID win more games during the regular season.  Didn't make much diff in the end though did it?  It was NC's year.  Go convince the AD you want to bring back Stan Heath or Pelphrey.  May be on their 2nd stint they can get you that Sweet 16 appearance.  Then again may be the Hogs will be absent from the NCAAT for another five or six years.

why all the hyperbole & lies? nobody said bring pel or heath back. what you saying there are no good coaches out there?

Breems

Quote from: Kevin on February 01, 2018, 10:56:51 am

I'm trying to remember SEC teams that have made the Sweet Sixteen in the last 4 years. I think it's UK, FL, TN, A&M, and USCe. It's not unreasonable to expect to join that group.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

OkieBack

Quote from: Kevin on February 01, 2018, 12:29:23 pm
why all the hyperbole & lies? nobody said bring pel or heath back. what you saying there are no good coaches out there?

I'm saying you act as though is is easy to go pick a great coach to get you to the Sweet 16.  If every school could do it then you'd see a new batch of 16 teams every freaking year.  Not as easy as it sounds.  Just saying.

Section B

The first seat on the bench is killing us more.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.