Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Razorback player.......

Started by GolfNut57, August 12, 2015, 05:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

"Red Sox OF prospect Andrew Benintendi pounded two homers in Tuesday's win for Low-A Lowell.
Boston's 2015 first-round pick has hit .389 with five RBI over his last 10 contests. The 21-year-old boasts a stellar .548 slugging percentage in 104 at-bats and has homered three times over his last two games. Eleven of Benintendi's 27 hits this year have gone for extra bases.
Source: MILB.com"

I wonder how far up the Boston system he will make it to? All the way or will he end up being traded for other needs? With Bradley, Betts and Castillo looking like the starting OF trio for years to come Benintendi may be looking at a position change for Boston if he is to stay with that organization. Has he ever spent time at first or third base while with Arkansas?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

I doubt he changes positions. He's known as much for his glove as he is for his bat. He will more than likely be a CF.

clutch

Quote from: mrp on August 25, 2015, 12:49:06 pm
I will predict that he never plays third base.

If he does, he will be the only left handed fielding 3rd baseman I've ever seen.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on August 26, 2015, 11:35:25 am
If he does, he will be the only left handed fielding 3rd baseman I've ever seen.

Well at least that would give him an advantage covering hot shots down the baseline.  :)

Seriously though, didn't know he was a lefty. Only reason I thought they may convert him to the infield was that the three outfield guys they have now in Betts, Bradley and Castillo is that they are all young enough to be around for several years. Barring trades or career ending type injuries.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on August 27, 2015, 12:17:00 am
Well at least that would give him an advantage covering hot shots down the baseline.  :)

Seriously though, didn't know he was a lefty. Only reason I thought they may convert him to the infield was that the three outfield guys they have now in Betts, Bradley and Castillo is that they are all young enough to be around for several years. Barring trades or career ending type injuries.

He was a #7 overall pick. He might eventually be the one they have in their plans and one of the others might get traded. No telling what will happen. He's a natural CF though. I doubt he changes positions.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on August 27, 2015, 06:57:44 am
He was a #7 overall pick. He might eventually be the one they have in their plans and one of the others might get traded. No telling what will happen. He's a natural CF though. I doubt he changes positions.

Natural CFer is pretty much what Bradley is. Right now he is the best CFer they have had in a LONG time. Or that is the story anyway and he has an arm like a cannon. How is Andrews arm? Average or another cannon? Really depends on when they think he may be major league ready. If it is going to take 3-4 years then he may be Bradley's successor when Bradley is ready to hit free agency.