25 (47.2%)
SEC refs are just bad
11 (20.8%)
Refs can not keep up wth the speed of the game
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: October 20, 2009, 09:50:57 am

hogsanity

On choice 5, imo, by the time refs get enough experience to work bg time games, they are too old to keep up with the speed of the game.

Overall, just interested to see how many TRULY BELIEVE the SEC would sanction fixing games. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

H&D

I don't think it is a grand SEC conspiracy, however I checked the refs are influenced by a teams prestige.  It was obvious the officials got alligator arms (pun intended) when it was time to throw a flag on FL.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Hog in Tar Heel Land

I think you need a sixth choice, they are bad AND they can't keep up with the speed of the game

hogsanity

Quote from: fengsooiee on October 19, 2009, 09:55:15 am
I think the SEC officials are influenced by team prestige and home crowds. It has always been that way, and not just in the SEC.

I find it hard to believe that any sane person actually believes that the SEC dictates the outcome of games. 

Then there are alot of insane posters here, because that is EXACTLY what many are saying.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LTCHawg

Not sure what to believe.  If anything it may be larger than the SEC. B--sh-- Championship Series (BCS) only survives if teams exist that can be hyped and create a national draw for $$$$. 
With everything out there (BCS busters, Mountain West, Boise State, National Media pushing the fairy tale story lines) Time for a true play off system with realignment of the P---Y Ath Conf (PAC) 10, Big 10 or is it eleven, Big East expansion, Balance the big 12 and rid the SEC of incompetence.

Beaverfever

It's a combination of 3,4,&5.