Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just a thought but.....

Started by aberium2002, September 28, 2013, 12:02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aberium2002

how about wildcat with AC taking the snap and Holmes the motion man. With his speed that would be awesome package imho.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: aberium2002 on September 28, 2013, 12:02:13 am
how about wildcat with AC taking the snap and Holmes the motion man. With his speed that would be awesome package imho.

All of that sounds nice, but if the issue is them stacking the box until we prove we can throw, then running the Wildcat won't address that concern.  In fact, it just tips our hand that much more that we're going to run. 

We're going to have to pass.  Period.  We can run if we can pass, but they are going to do everything in their power to make us prove we can win throwing the football.  I just hope we can....  Otherwise, it could get ugly in a hurry. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

PetrinoFan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 28, 2013, 12:06:52 am
All of that sounds nice, but if the issue is them stacking the box until we prove we can throw, then running the Wildcat won't address that concern.  In fact, it just tips our hand that much more that we're going to run. 

We're going to have to pass.  Period.  We can run if we can pass, but they are going to do everything in their power to make us prove we can win throwing the football.  I just hope we can....  Otherwise, it could get ugly in a hurry.

How about that wild cat package with AC taking the snap, faking the run, stepping into the pocket to pass to a wide open TE, Hunter Henry?  Expect the run, with Alex Collins throwing a touchdown pass?

razorbackkid

Was hoping to see that last week.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Grunt

Quote from: aberium2002 on September 28, 2013, 12:02:13 am
Or maybe AC the motion guy. I'd like to see more Holmes too.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

urkillnmesmalls

I think if we have some trick plays drawn up, they better uncork them early.  This is a game where we absolutely do not want to get more than a score, or two at the worst, behind.  That will just free up the TAMU defense to take risks, and play a little looser.  Same for their offense...  One thing they will NOT do is take their foot off the accelerator until the game is well out of reach.  They won't get up 14 and start running the clock. 

If, and it's a big if, we could get a stop, a TO, and something else crazy to start the game and get up a few scores where we can take some risks and put pressure on them...this could be a monumental upset.  I just fear that we do not have the defense to even slow them down at this point unless there's a miraculous improvement since the first three weeks.  I think we'll score some points...but not enough. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.