Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] All threads regarding Korliss Marshall

Started by Hogdomer, November 22, 2014, 01:49:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod6275

is he off the team for good? Or until further notice? If so why? What is the reason and do we find out why.
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

HF#1

He's done.  Will not play again in a Razorback uniform.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Porkys Revenge

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Rod6275 on November 26, 2014, 08:18:28 pm
is he off the team for good? Or until further notice? If so why? What is the reason and do we find out why.

I would imagine so.

No, for good.

Coaches don't reveal reasons for discipline.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

HogInTigerLand

I love it when people dance around a direct question. If persons on this board know the alleged reason then post it or don't talk about it. This is not national security it is a 19 yo kid. Whatever he did or didn't do, or if he is or is not with the team cannot be that big of a secret. If you know what is alleged then post it!

razorbackkid

Quote from: HogInTigerLand on November 27, 2014, 09:38:18 am
I love it when people dance around a direct question. If persons on this board know the alleged reason then post it or don't talk about it. This is not national security it is a 19 yo kid. Whatever he did or didn't do, or if he is or is not with the team cannot be that big of a secret. If you know what is alleged then post it!

He failed to learn the Hogineze language is my best guess.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HogFanatic

I'm not gonna pretend that I have any inside information or anything like that, but just from what I've read it sounds like he has been given yet another ultimatum. I imagine he has been barred from all football related activities until a time in which the coaches feel he has straightened himself up. If that means forever, then so be it. They probably pulled his scholarship as well. The fact that he is still here and hasn't transfered tells me that he is truly trying to work at correcting whatever the problem is, and we may see him again on down the line.

Either that or they're just waiting until after tomorrow to cut ties with him.

MuskogeeHogFan

November 27, 2014, 09:46:56 am #258 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:59:32 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: HogInTigerLand on November 27, 2014, 09:38:18 am

I would agree that the folks who know, don't need to say anything. It apparently isn't over yet so nothing should be said.

I also agree that there isn't any need to indicate that you know something on this board, when you have no intent of posting that information. And again, if you do know, just keep it to yourself. It will come out when the staff and the university have done their thing and that is the appropriate time, not before.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 27, 2014, 09:44:13 am
I'm not gonna pretend that I have any inside information or anything like that, but just from what I've read it sounds like he has been given yet another ultimatum. I imagine he has been barred from all football related activities until a time in which the coaches feel he has straightened himself up. If that means forever, then so be it. They probably pulled his scholarship as well. The fact that he is still here and hasn't transfered tells me that he is truly trying to work at correcting whatever the problem is, and we may see him again on down the line.

Why would you transfer right before finals? He'll finish the semester and go from there.

HogFanatic

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2014, 09:47:10 am
Why would you transfer right before finals? He'll finish the semester and go from there.

Well sure. I meant it more like why is his name still on the roster, but as "suspended". You can make plans to transfer before you actually do, right?

People transfer in the middle of the season sometimes. Surely that doesn't mean they pack their bags and leave the school then and there.

Hogfaniam

Korliss Marshall watch.  Day 6.  Status.  Still on the roster.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

tophawg19

if the coaches can let it work itself out , why can't the fans ? instead of trashing a kid who may have done nothing.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ChicaGO HOGS GO

Regardless of his on the field contribution, I hope Korliss gets the help he needs. Coach BB has set a high standard, on and off the field, and I know that he too wants Korliss to succeed.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Oklahawg

I love the morons in the thread beefing when Mike Irwin comes on here t ohelp guide the discussion. He has information but the chattering class wants him to burn his career (not to mention a few sources) and reveal it here, on HV of all places!

We also think that KM is critical enough to the team that miraculously getting him reinstated by Friday helps our chances of a win. I don't think KM helps us one lick, as he's not practiced in quite a while.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hawg414

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 27, 2014, 11:44:48 am
I love the morons in the thread beefing when Mike Irwin comes on here t ohelp guide the discussion. He has information but the chattering class wants him to burn his career (not to mention a few sources) and reveal it here, on HV of all places!

We also think that KM is critical enough to the team that miraculously getting him reinstated by Friday helps our chances of a win. I don't think KM helps us one lick, as he's not practiced in quite a while.

i assume im one of the "morons" you are talking about.  obviously irwin is an exception, since he is not anonymous and his livelihood relies on sources.  but i dont think the same applies to billyjoebobhogfan.  if billyjoebobhogfan has something to say, he can say it.  it is a message board afterall.  and it is not a case of national security. 

HogInTigerLand

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 27, 2014, 09:46:56 am
I would agree that the folks who know, don't need to say anything. It apparently isn't over yet so nothing should be said.

I also agree that there isn't any need to indicate that you know something on this board, when you have no intent of posting that information. And again, if you do know, just keep it to yourself. It will come out when the staff and the university have done their thing and that is the appropriate time, not
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 27, 2014, 09:46:56 am

I also agree that there isn't any need to indicate that you know something on this board, when you have no intent of posting that information. And again, if you do know, just keep it to yourself. It will come out when the staff and the university have done their thing and that is the appropriate time, not before.

Agree

HogInTigerLand

Then why do we let threads like this continue?

Pig In The City

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 27, 2014, 09:44:13 am

What more do you need when coach B states he is no longer with the team.

hogcard1964

Any confirmation yet?   Nothing on ESPN or CBS.  Sorry if already confirmed.

Hogtimes

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 27, 2014, 09:49:57 am
Well sure. I meant it more like why is his name still on the roster, but as "suspended". You can make plans to transfer before you actually do, right?

People transfer in the middle of the season sometimes. Surely that doesn't mean they pack their bags and leave the school then and there.

Planning to transfer and transferring or two different things.

Oklahawg

Quote from: HogInTigerLand on November 27, 2014, 01:41:00 pm
Then why do we let threads like this continue?

If it is removed then ten just like it will start. Keep the one thread alive and monitored and it will keep the board from being polluted.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pigture perfect

Ok, here's what I know. The 2 suspensions are unrelated. The first one we can't mention, the 2nd was missing practice, but for what I'd call a pretty good reason. That's why he may be getting another chance.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

The real Hogules

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 27, 2014, 06:41:50 pm
Ok, here's what I know. The 2 suspensions are unrelated. The first one we can't mention, the 2nd was missing practice, but for what I'd call a pretty good reason. That's why he may be getting another chance.
Thanks for sharing and I hope that your info is correct.
I hate to see kids lose/waste such an awesome gift (full ride at a university), regardless of whether they're a starter or a bench warmer.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogberry Snortcake

Thanks.

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on November 27, 2014, 07:18:31 pm
Thanks.

And here's what I know. The rumors about him having a certain problem are true. He is gone, he won't be back. BB will help him get into another school. He had a chance to correct it and failed. This is on him. Feel sorry for the guy. So much potential.

grayhawg

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on November 27, 2014, 07:37:51 pm
And here's what I know. The rumors about him having a certain problem are true. He is gone, he won't be back. BB will help him get into another school. He had a chance to correct it and failed. This is on him. Feel sorry for the guy. So much potential.
One or two of you guys are wrong. That's what I know.

Peter Porker

December 16, 2014, 05:24:30 am #277 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:45:54 am by Peter Porker
Quote from: NEA_HogFan on November 27, 2014, 07:37:51 pm

That's not why he was kicked off the team.

Regardless, anyone hearing where he may end up?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Youngsta71701

He is our best threat as a kick returner ???
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

No need to drag up a week's old thread for the purpose of discussing his destination.