Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Update] Sheridan says he passed lie detector test re: bag man; NCAA on Auburn.

Started by jbcarol, August 18, 2012, 01:45:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Danny Sheridan says he's passed a lie detector test that proves he told the truth about meeting with a person suspected by the NCAA of being the money man in the Cam Newton case, but he added that he will never divulge that person's name.

Quote"I met with him for three hours in Mobile. He flew in," he said. "I grilled him as best I could. He said: 'What did they say I did?' I said, 'Well, they said you paid $200,000 cash to the father and they think you paid $30,000 to the church and they have a witness at the church -- to which he said in a nanosecond: 'If I'd have known how good he was, I'd have paid him a million dollars.'"

Sheridan said he took that as a denial. "I thought, the guy either really thinks well or he really is innocent," Sheridan said, adding that he followed up by asking the man point-blank whether he did it. "He said, 'I definitely didn't do it.'"

As to why the man would fly to Mobile and meet with him for three hours, Sheridan said the man told him he was curious what the NCAA was saying about him.

Sheridan picked Auburn to finish fourth in the SEC West, saying head coach Gene Chizik has "underachieved" in his three years on the Plains. "I thought he would do a lot better," Sheridan said. "You can't have these (recruiting) classes and say, 'Oh, we're young.'"
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

The dude is likely telling the truth. It would be extremely stupid (still possible, eh?) to dig this up yet again after it had died down.   8)

Someone mentioned elsewhere that the "witness" is a member of Newton's Church. I guess the "pre$$ure" was a little too much to come forward with the truth. (I wonder if the witness is driving a new Cadillac?)

The barn's whole scam will be exposed sooner or later. There is absolutely no way that you can keep something secret that involves so many people. As we have seen with Stanley McGlover  and the HBO, someone is going to talk eventually. If for nothing else, to get paid yet again.

Billy Bayou

August 21, 2012, 12:40:21 pm #4 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:44:35 pm by Billy Bayou
Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 21, 2012, 07:14:52 am

The barn's whole scam will be exposed sooner or later. There is absolutely no way that you can keep something secret that involves so many people.
Oh yes there is a way.

It takes a community to do it.  There are several such communities in bball and several in football.  It becomes a way of life.  And when they do get caught, they recover surprisingly quick.  Again, it takes a community.

Hawg Balling

Sheridan is Porkatarian with a wider audience. 

This guy needs to go away -- this shtick was worn out a year ago. 

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Billy Bayou on August 21, 2012, 12:40:21 pm
Oh yes there is a way.

It takes a community to do it.  There are several such communities in bball and several in football.  It becomes a way of life.  And when they do get caught, they recover surprisingly quick.  Again, it takes a community.

Eventually someone slips..........and spills the beans OR someone doesn't get their payment. Either way, it will come to light eventually.  8)

NoNC4Tubs

http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2012/10/danny-sheridan-off-record.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ibleedcrimsonred%2FOvJu+%28I+Bleed+Crimson+Red%29

QuoteSheridan's NCAA contacts tell him that a Letter of Inquiry and formal investigation are imminent. The preliminary phase has ended and recruiting irregularities may have occurred that warrant a full Enforcement investigation.

Both Sheridan and the NCAA understand that two unnamed assistants have been removed from off-campus recruiting activities, but they are still allowed to contact recruits via telephone and electronically.

Sheridan would not say which specific recruits, coaches or parts of the country were at the heart of the matters in question.

He said there is a high likelihood that Auburn University "cleans house," meaning that everyone associated with Auburn football—from the athletic director all the way to "special advisers" to the program—will be dismissed.

Sheridan also said that NCAA President Mark Emmert has been on a warpath against what he believes are programs that calculate risk-reward ratios in deciding how closely to follow NCAA rules, and that Auburn University (among others) should be fearful of the new attitude in Indianapolis.

Ruh-Roh!  8)

jbcarol

Chizik declines to comment on Danny Sheridan's claims of NCAA investigation (video)

From MrSEC: Trooper Taylor and Luper decline to debunk allegation that they have been pulled from the recruiting road

QuoteLuper said:

"We've got our commitments, and we have a strategy to keep those guys.  We're not going to elaborate on any of it, and we're definitely not going to answer any accusations."

And Taylor said:

"Obviously, we can't comment on any accusations, but I can tell you this.  We have a plan in place for recruiting. We stick to that plan, and what this coaching staff is focused on, outside of recruiting, is winning a football game."

If you're on the road recruiting, you say so and you shoot down Sheridan's claims.  Chizik, Luper and Taylor all chose to zip their lips instead.  Their silence speaks volumes.

If Luper and Taylor are off the road, then it's probably — at least in part — tied to the NCAA's ongoing attempt to clean up recruiting in Memphis and the assistants' recruiting job on Jovon...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

Calling All Hogs

I don't much care if the NCAA is after Auburn. Nothing the NCAA can do to them Chizik hasn't already done. It would be nice though if an NCAA investigate keeps them from being able to hire a good coach. If the NCAA would require them to keep Chizik for 3 more years, it would be as close to the death penalty as anyone has gotten since SMU.  :)

tusksincolorado

Where's Titan Tiger?????? Certainly he could clear up this questionable mess at Auburn for all of us!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!