Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] Hogs vs TAMU - Discuss why the game changed to a Home and Home series for 2012/2013 seasons

Started by Westcoasthog, February 18, 2012, 03:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Westcoasthog

After hearing Jeff Long's news conference about the Arkansas' game with Texas A & M Jeff Long said no decision with Texas A & M has been made as of yet - as to playing the game at Cowboy Stadium, or a home and home basic.  From his reply the Arkansas
Texas A & M game could go on a home and home for 2012 and 2013, and said he was
hoping that the Arkasas Texas A & M game could resume in 2014 in Cowboy Stadium.
He said if that is not the decision, Arkansas would be looking at a major opponent to
play to play in Cowboy Stadium in 2014.   

Andrew Hogfan

They're tired of getting their asses beat in Dallas. They think playing a home and home will help them win...it won't .
WPS!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

I think it's more that A&M doesn't want Arkansas to get the recruiting benefit of playing in Dallas every year anymore.  As it stands A&M is the only Texas based SEC team and it would rather play Arkansas (and any other opponents, for that matter) in College Station than in the fertile recruiting ground of Dallas.  If I'm A&M I guess I'd take the same position.  Arkansas gains a whole lot more from playing a neutral site game in Dallas than A&M does.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pigsknuckles

Probably still hoping to stick their band and students behind our bench at Kyle.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Tim Harris

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 18, 2012, 06:53:01 am
I think it's more that A&M doesn't want Arkansas to get the recruiting benefit of playing in Dallas every year anymore.  As it stands A&M is the only Texas based SEC team and it would rather play Arkansas (and any other opponents, for that matter) in College Station than in the fertile recruiting ground of Dallas.  If I'm A&M I guess I'd take the same position.  Arkansas gains a whole lot more from playing a neutral site game in Dallas than A&M does.

I agree and I would think by the time the Rutgers series is over we will have found someone else to play us in Dallas on a yearly basis.

longtimeHogfan

As far as class rankings go isn't aTm's '12 class ranked ahead of ours?  It doesn't appear to have hurt their recruiting so far.  But if the shoe were on the other foot and we had just been admitted to the SEC, I might be wanting to play the home-and-home thing too.  Don't know if they'll get out of the contract though....that's why the lawyers get the big bucks.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Jeffcphog

The NewEra

Quote from: Jeffcphog on February 18, 2012, 07:27:04 am
I didn't want a Texas team in the SEC, especially not A&M.

They sure are bringing a lot of drama early. Reminds me of the girl who thinks you walk on water. You marry her and all of a sudden she's wanting to change everything about you.

HogsArePeopleToo

If we plan to continue to play the game in Dallas, it would mean that we would have only 6 home games in 2013.  You have to believe that we are expecting the game to move to home and home. 

Coondog Hog

Jack Rabbit nailed it.  The don't want us putting on our show in Texas every year.  They are trying to cut our recruiting advantage.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: #1PetrinoFan on February 18, 2012, 07:36:49 am
They sure are bringing a lot of drama early. Reminds me of the girl who thinks you walk on water. You marry her and all of a sudden she's wanting to change everything about you.

They have always had drama. Have you seen their "yell leaders"? No girls. Bunch up close to each other and hold their crotch.
The last time I saw that much drama was when I made a wrong turn driving in San Francisco and found myself in the Castro district.
Good thing my wife was with me!  ;)

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mick Hogger

I don't think the Aggies think stopping the series will stop us from playing there. They know Jerry will just welcome The Hogs vs anybody else that can bring some fans. We've made it clear that we want to play there and we'll find someone that needs exposure in TX and move on.  Maybe KSU would like a few rematches?

At least, I hope that they realize that. Then again, they're Aggies. They don't do anything that makes sense.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

EastexHawg

They don't see an end to the series domination we've put on them if the game stays in Dallas.  Remember, this doesn't just go back three years...it goes back to the day Frank Broyles arrived in Arkansas 54 years ago.  In that time we've slapped them around about as often as we've thumped Tulsa.

I think they believe if they can move the series to a home and home they at least have a better chance of winning every other year in College Station.

Basically they are tired of losing and want to take their ball and go home.

BuddyLufkin

As a program, A&M is very frustrated because they have only 1 title (from the 1930s) and haven't had a top 5 finish in  about 60 years.

This is why they voted for things in the Big12 and then blamed those very things they voted for as the reasons they had to leave and this is why they are complaining contract they signed with Arkansas and complaining about SEC seating rules before the season has ever started.

The aggie bitching will never go away and it will get much, much worse as they continue to suck.

VoR

I read somewhere they weren't selling their allotment of tickets, and therefore weren't making as much as they originally thought and recruiting also plays a part.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

DEVIL DOG HOG

All we have to do is win, recruiting will take care of it self.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Blue35

HotlantaHog

So if the game does end up in College Station, what would be the nearest airport -- Houston? Austin? ... Hoping for Arlington contract to last through the decade, but at some point it seems pretty clear it will be moved to campuses.

Quito

Ags are concerned about this year, and Hogs are concerned about next year.  Big 12 played 9 conference games, while SEC plays 8.  That combined with the fact that we lost AR as a non conference game left us with 2 games to find each year for the next 2 years.  Hogs had to find 1 game....Rutgers.  Ags added LA Tech in Shreveport and Sam Houston State at home.  We already had a previously scheduled game with SMU in Dallas.  If our game is in Dallas that leaves Ags with just 5 home games...not acceptable to season ticket holders.

Razorbacks face the same problem next year and I guarantee you Jeff Long does not want to take y'all on the road to play at Rutgers and a home game in Jerrahworld. 

After '13 season Ags schedule is set.  We have home and homes set up with Oregon and USC.  I foresee the Hogs and Ags working out a deal that has Ags designated the away team the years we go to Oregon and to USC, while the Hogs will add a home and home with a BCS school and will be designated the away team in Dallas during the years they travel to a non conference game. 

Seriously, can you guys not look at the big picture?  With the move to the SEC everything changed...especially the schedules.  Hence, Ags AND HOGS want to pause the series in Dallas and then return after both teams shore up their schedules.   

The real Hogules

February 18, 2012, 10:21:00 am #19 Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:23:16 am by The real Hogules
Quote from: Quito on February 18, 2012, 10:06:33 am
Ags are concerned about this year, and Hogs are concerned about next year.  Big 12 played 9 conference games, while SEC plays 8.  That combined with the fact that we lost AR as a non conference game left us with 2 games to find each year for the next 2 years.  Hogs had to find 1 game....Rutgers.  Ags added LA Tech in Shreveport and Sam Houston State at home.  We already had a previously scheduled game with SMU in Dallas.  If our game is in Dallas that leaves Ags with just 5 home games...not acceptable to season ticket holders.

Razorbacks face the same problem next year and I guarantee you Jeff Long does not want to take y'all on the road to play at Rutgers and a home game in Jerrahworld. 

After '13 season Ags schedule is set.  We have home and homes set up with Oregon and USC.  I foresee the Hogs and Ags working out a deal that has Ags designated the away team the years we go to Oregon and to USC, while the Hogs will add a home and home with a BCS school and will be designated the away team in Dallas during the years they travel to a non conference game. 

Seriously, can you guys not look at the big picture?  With the move to the SEC everything changed...especially the schedules.  Hence, Ags AND HOGS want to pause the series in Dallas and then return after both teams shore up their schedules.    

Arkansas is more than willing to make the necessary adjustments to their schedule to accommodate playing A&M in Dallas, without interruption.
It's A&M that is balking at continuing the series in Dallas, so please do not try and make this sound like some mutual agreement between our athletic department and the Ags, because that's simply not true.

PS. Why in the world would A&M agree to play a home-n-home with La Tech in Shreveport? That's almost unbelievable......................................, even for the Aggies!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HawgWild

Ever see that Buffalo Wild Wings commercial where the bartender flips a switch to alert the guy to turn on the sprinklers at the game they're watching? AtM thinks that Jerry's doing something similar when we play at his place.  ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 18, 2012, 06:53:01 am

This. Not to hard to figure out if you are capable of putting yourself in the other team's shoes.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Blue35 on February 18, 2012, 09:52:07 am
Aggies are aggies. Those yell leaders are just so cute.

No wonder they are called the aggies. I hear those yell leaders like to "plow".  :-*
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: VoR on February 18, 2012, 09:48:51 am
I read somewhere they weren't selling their allotment of tickets, and therefore weren't making as much as they originally thought and recruiting also plays a part.

You are correct, this is why the Aggies want to move to a Home and home series. It's all about money and has nothing to do with wins or losses. According to reports the Hogs have been making around $3,500,000 a year in Dallas while the Aggies were making around $2,500,000 per year. That's not enough for the Aggies.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Quito

QuoteArkansas is more than willing to make the necessary adjustments to their schedule to accommodate playing A&M in Dallas, without interruption.
It's A&M that is balking at continuing the series in Dallas, so please do not try and make this sound like some mutual agreement between our athletic department and the Ags, because that's simply not true.

PS. Why in the world would A&M agree to play a home-n-home with La Tech in Shreveport? That's almost unbelievable

Jeff Long said just yesterday on the Bo Mattingly show that he did not want to travel 3 weeks in a row and that was a prime reason for moving the LSU game to RRS.  Guess what, with your game at Rutgers, you will be traveling 3 weeks in a row next year! With all the BS going around about games in Little Rock vs RRS, how will Hog fans feel having only 2 SEC games at RRS every other year?  Maybe y'all are fine with that...I wouldn't be.   

The situation is unique in that the Ags had to find TWO games.  We already had an away game scheduled with SMU as part of a 2 for 1 with them.  We did not add a home and home with LA Tech, we needed a solution for THIS year and did not want a home and home with LA TECH.  Where did I say anything about a home and home with LA Tech?    Every team out there knew Ags were in a tight spot and the price for a payout game was escalated.  We did not desire another home and home with the USC and Oregon ones coming up.  Therefor, we agreed to play a one time game in Shreveport.  We recruit northern Louisiana and the stadium will be majority Ags. 

This will all be moot after the '13 season. 

kaiserhog

Jerry's World has become like Reunion Arena used to be for the SWC basketball tournament.  Aggies don't like losing there every year.

IronHog

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 18, 2012, 03:27:34 am
     After hearing Jeff Long's news conference about the Arkansas' game with Texas A & M Jeff Long said no decision with Texas A & M has been made as of yet - as to playing the game at Cowboy Stadium, or a home and home basic.  From his reply the Arkansas
hoping that the Arkasas Texas A & M game could resume in 2014 in Cowboy Stadium.
He said if that is not the decision, Arkansas would be looking at a major opponent to
play to play in Cowboy Stadium in 2014.   

UofA wants to be in Dallas so bad it can't stand it........

If I was aTm's AD I would pull the game too.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Calling All Hogs

I think a lot of it boils down to the fact they have lost the series in Dallas every year. While playing a game in Dallas may help them some, they are already in the State of Texas and losing in Dallas every year may not seen like such a great recruiting advantage.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: IronHog on February 18, 2012, 11:34:44 am

UofA wants to be in Dallas so bad it can't stand it........

If I was aTm's AD I would pull the game too.

....deep sigh....  Iron, when I logged on and saw the news of the LSU game moving, I knew you would be one of the first ones who would be taking shots at the UA.  I knew you wouldn't let me down. 

Here's a cyber tissue..... 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

IronHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 18, 2012, 11:49:08 am
....deep sigh....  Iron, when I logged on and saw the news of the LSU game moving, I knew you would be one of the first ones who would be taking shots at the UA.  I knew you wouldn't let me down. 

Here's a cyber tissue..... 

Would you want the game in Dallas if you were aTm's coach/AD?

HotlantaHog

From Long's comments, it seems like College Station is pretty much a done deal for 2012... any ideas on where to stay/where to fly into for those going?

Sounds like A&M will up the chances of winning if playing Kyle and also earn a bigger payday to boot.  Thats a no brainer.  Hell, even Jerry would do that cause its really all about the money.  And if A&M does wreck Kyle after next season, then next season will be the only opportunity to play at their real home for at least one complete season if I have been correctly informed.  And as we argue constantly, even LR isn't home to us and we like to play at home too.

Smokehouse

I'd rather do a home-and-home with aTm and play someone OOC in Dallas every year. Yearly presence in Texas with two games every other year.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

WBOBO

If you were aTm's AD why wouldn't you want to play a home and home?
Our track record down there in the 80's and early 90's was not that good if
I remember correctly.  It's a tough place to play a game.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

GalaHawg

If Ole Miss wanted to play us in Little Rock every year just so they can recruit central Arkansas better and kicked our butts every single time we play there - would we wanna continue playing them there?

The real Hogules

Quote from: Quito on February 18, 2012, 11:07:30 am
Jeff Long said just yesterday on the Bo Mattingly show that he did not want to travel 3 weeks in a row and that was a prime reason for moving the LSU game to RRS.  Guess what, with your game at Rutgers, you will be traveling 3 weeks in a row next year! With all the BS going around about games in Little Rock vs RRS, how will Hog fans feel having only 2 SEC games at RRS every other year?  Maybe y'all are fine with that...I wouldn't be.   

The situation is unique in that the Ags had to find TWO games.  We already had an away game scheduled with SMU as part of a 2 for 1 with them.  We did not add a home and home with LA Tech, we needed a solution for THIS year and did not want a home and home with LA TECH.  Where did I say anything about a home and home with LA Tech?    Every team out there knew Ags were in a tight spot and the price for a payout game was escalated.  We did not desire another home and home with the USC and Oregon ones coming up. Therefor, we agreed to play a one time game in Shreveport.  We recruit northern Louisiana and the stadium will be majority Ags. 

So, are you saying that more A&M fans will travel to Shreveport, LA to watch their Aggies play La Tech than will show up in Dallas, TX to watch their beloved Ags take on an old SWC foe?
Or are you saying that La Tech's fans won't show up in Shreveport?

Seriously, I'm not sure which you mean.   ???

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 18, 2012, 07:00:12 am
Probably still hoping to stick their band and students behind our bench at Kyle.

Good luck with that.  Ain't gonna happen...

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HF#1

It doesn't benefit A&M to play Arkansas in Dallas anymore.  When A&M was in the Big12 they could host recruits.  In the SEC, they cannot.  Bringing Arkansas into Texas for a game, only benefits Arkansas. 

It's not hard to figure out why A&M doesn't want to play a conference foe at Jerry World.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Quito

QuoteSo, are you saying that more A&M fans will travel to Shreveport, LA to watch their Aggies play La Tech than will show up in Dallas, TX to watch their beloved Ags take on an old SWC foe?

Seriously, I'm not sure which you mean.   

I'm saying that LA Tech doesn't have many fans.  Just like when the Ags played Baylor in Waco, the stadium will be majority A&M. 

This was the best the Ags could get considering the circumstances.  It's actually a scary game in my opinion.  LA tech should have beaten TCU and Houston last year.  Heck they were up 4 TD's against Coach Sumlin's Cougars.  LA tech is returning 9 offensive and 7 defensive starters.  Going against an A&M team that will be breaking in a new Offense and Def (switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3), and QB!   

junkyardhog

they probably want to play in shreveport so they can get an in with the N Lousiana recruits. That would put them twice in La. every other year. I remember when  Shreveport and the rest of N. Lousiana produced twice as many D-1 recruits as AR. Not sure if that's still true.
Mike Williams
'UA 03

Have had the handle junkyardhog since 2002(WP)

UncleFrank

QuoteSo, are you saying that more A&M fans will travel to Shreveport, LA to watch their Aggies play La Tech than will show up in Dallas, TX to watch their beloved Ags take on an old SWC foe?

While I'm not Quito, I'll take a shot at what I think the answer(s) might be:

1. Prices for tickets and concessions at Shreveport probably won't even begin to approach what they are in Arlington.

Aggie Fans have been to JerryWorld a lot of times.....some find it too big and impersonal...some don't like the sightlines from some of the less premium seats...it's not a novelty or a big deal for them to go there; they got over how BIG and elaborate it is a long time ago...Some of them claim it's too much of a 'Pro' venue and there's not a 'college atmosphere' when you play there....And ALL of them hate how terribly overpriced everything tends to be...Also, remember that many Aggie fans who might show up don't live that far away. It's not the 'destination game' and 'chance to go live it up in Big D for the weekend' kind of a deal for them as it might be for a lot of Hog fans.

2. They've lost there for four straight years. They want a change of venue. They believe (and so do I) that A&M will be much harder to beat at Kyle Field.

3. They gain no recruiting advantage playing there, as we do.

4. They stand to make more money on the game by selling out Kyle Field, instead of traveling to Arlington.

5. Like everybody else, they want as many 'true' home games per year as they can manage. They do not see playing at Arlington as a home game, in any sense of the word, no matter who's designated as 'home' and 'away' in a given year.

And there are probably three or four or five other reasons, besides those.
Those are enough, though.
If I were them, I'd want it played home-and-home, too.
It's not a surprising decision on their part.
I suspect that, once it moves this year, that it will never return to Cowboys Stadium. I'm sure we'll be able to find somebody to play there, though. It's an attractive venue and somebody decent will wanna play there, just for the exposure and national attention, if nothing else.

IronHog

Quote from: junkyardhog on February 18, 2012, 02:02:53 pm
they probably want to play in shreveport so they can get an in with the N Lousiana recruits. That would put them twice in La. every other year. I remember when  Shreveport and the rest of N. Lousiana produced twice as many D-1 recruits as AR. Not sure if that's still true.

More defenders anyway.

Arkansas best two DT's are from North LA......... neither had an offer from LSU.

Just look at the LB'ers that come out of north LA if you want to drool..........

Quito

QuoteWhile I'm not Quito, I'll take a shot at what I think the answer(s) might be:

1. Prices for tickets and concessions at Shreveport probably won't even begin to approach what they are in Arlington.

Aggie Fans have been to JerryWorld a lot of times.....some find it too big and impersonal...some don't like the sightlines from some of the less premium seats...it's not a novelty or a big deal for them to go there; they got over how BIG and elaborate it is a long time ago...Some of them claim it's too much of a 'Pro' venue and there's not a 'college atmosphere' when you play there....And ALL of them hate how terribly overpriced everything tends to be...Also, remember that many Aggie fans who might show up don't live that far away. It's not the 'destination game' and 'chance to go live it up in Big D for the weekend' kind of a deal for them as it might be for a lot of Hog fans.

2. They've lost there for four straight years. They want a change of venue. They believe (and so do I) that A&M will be much harder to beat at Kyle Field.

3. They gain no recruiting advantage playing there, as we do.

4. They stand to make more money on the game by selling out Kyle Field, instead of traveling to Arlington.

5. Like everybody else, they want as many 'true' home games per year as they can manage. They do not see playing at Arlington as a home game, in any sense of the word, no matter who's designated as 'home' and 'away' in a given year.

And there are probably three or four or five other reasons, besides those.
Those are enough, though.
If I were them, I'd want it played home-and-home, too.
It's not a surprising decision on their part.
I suspect that, once it moves this year, that it will never return to Cowboys Stadium. I'm sure we'll be able to find somebody to play there, though. It's an attractive venue and somebody decent will wanna play there, just for the exposure and national attention, if nothing else.

Wow...you are spot on. 

I love that we started playing again, and I really love that we are now in the SEC.  I'm a lifelong Aggie, married to a Razorback.  The in laws have season tickets at RRS and we meet in Dallas every year for the game.  I'm actually from Dallas and all my family is in Dallas.  I do like the idea of the in laws coming to Kyle to watch a game and vise versa.  Since I currently live in Little Rock and go to the 2 Hog games here every year, I would love it to be in Little Rock.  Any chance for that?   

I also think that going to home and home, a rivalry could heat up and both teams will be better for it.  Ags will be looking for a rivalry with Arkansas and LSU.  Right now the Ags have a lot of disdain for LSU...always have.  I'm thinking a rivalry with Arkansas will be akin to fighting your brother once a year...better win that fight, but at least you get along and respect each other the rest of the year.   

razorback3072

Quote from: Quito on February 18, 2012, 11:07:30 am

The situation is unique in that the Ags had to find TWO games.  We already had an away game scheduled with SMU as part of a 2 for 1 with them.  We did not add a home and home with LA Tech, we needed a solution for THIS year and did not want a home and home with LA TECH.  Where did I say anything about a home and home with LA Tech?    Every team out there knew Ags were in a tight spot and the price for a payout game was escalated.  We did not desire another home and home with the USC and Oregon ones coming up.  Therefor, we agreed to play a one time game in Shreveport.  We recruit northern Louisiana and the stadium will be majority Ags. 

Next year's schedule isn't close to being set yet so your statement about traveling 3 weeks in a row next year is crap. 

If the A&M game was scheduled to be a "home" game for AR and not A&M this year, y'all wouldn't be wanting to move it.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Murr

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 18, 2012, 03:27:34 am
play to play in Cowboy Stadium in 2014

bring me the Oklahoma Sooners.

IronHog

Quote from: Murr on February 18, 2012, 03:18:44 pm
bring me the Oklahoma Sooners.

Good grief.

LSU just beat most of the top 15 and they didn't win the NC.....  not sure playing OU in Dallas would do much of anything.

HF#1

Quote from: IronHog on February 18, 2012, 03:22:40 pm
Good grief.

LSU just beat most of the top 15 and they didn't win the NC.....  not sure playing OU in Dallas would do much of anything.

LSU didn't win the NC because their coach is a moron that refused to listen to his players and his OC.   Had nothing to do with who they played.  If we are going to play in Dallas it's not going to be against a cupcake, I assure you.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quito we're disavowing your wife.   ;D   She should know better than to bring the enemy to our stadium disguised in a hog shirt. 

Living in LR y'all probably have no clue what to pair with a smoked brie or a zestful Forsterkase.  (Pinot Noir fwiw)
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Why are people surprised by this? We've had people on here crying about playing in Little Rock for years now and one of the main reasons is that they feel that home games should be played on campus, and now people can't figure out why A&M doesn't want to stay in Arlington?