Started by RazorCrackFan, April 18, 2011, 05:51:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorCrackFan

Wildhog

Come on, Zeke...  You gotta be a hog.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogwild210

Pretty sure he just told RD that b/c he is an Arkansas recruiting guy. Every other site I've seen says Michigan, Purdue, and Auburn.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

mmhogs17

Quote from: hogwild210 on April 18, 2011, 06:07:45 pm
Pretty sure he just told RD that b/c he is an Arkansas recruiting guy. Every other site I've seen says Michigan, Purdue, and Auburn.

Scout says Clemson, Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Purdue, North Carolina

Per Pike's dad.

hogwild210

Quote from: mmhogs17 on April 18, 2011, 06:13:24 pm
Scout says Clemson, Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Purdue, North Carolina

You could be right, and I hope you are. I've just seen links to several other "recruiting guys" that list those three.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

mmhogs17

Quote from: hogwild210 on April 18, 2011, 06:14:12 pm
You could be right, and I hope you are. I've just seen links to several other "recruiting guys" that list those three.

All I've seen is top 7-8. I haven't see any with just Auburn, Michigan and Purdue. Everyone I've seen says Arkansas is a finalist. Including Rivals, Scout and ESPN.

pigzwillrise

Not a great feeling here.  He is probably headed to Auburn.  I hope it's not because "the money was just too much"

ChildPlease...

http://twitter.com/#!/TomVH

Quote from: mmhogs17 on April 18, 2011, 06:16:23 pm
All I've seen is top 7-8. I haven't see any with just Auburn, Michigan and Purdue. Everyone I've seen says Arkansas is a finalist. Including Rivals, Scout and ESPN.

regi

If his dad (who I think played in the NFL) is watching this Cam Newton joke of an Interview with Gruden, he should no better than to send his son to AU, if he wants him in the NFL. Gus' offense is effective, but very simple. Cam couldn't even come up with a play call, he said "36" when Gruden asked him for an AU play call. Cam himself said it was simple, one read on pass plays mostly. Cam is going in the 1st round because of his size and talent, not because he is a well schooled NFL QB prospect. Pike is good looking athlete, but his not on Cam's level. If he commits to AU? hell yes he or somebody in his family is being paid. Period.

Dominicanhog

my gut says Michigan... but I'm always wrong.

ThisTeetsTaken

How much did Auburn pay this time?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Lake City Hog

I am truly shocked at his final 4 choices. I will say that of those 4, if he truly wants to be prepared for the next level he only has one real choice.

NeverYield

Quote from: lchog on April 18, 2011, 07:07:30 pm
I am truly shocked at his final 4 choices. I will say that of those 4, if he truly wants to be prepared for the next level he only has one real choice.
and he seems like a smart kid.
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

chortle

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 06:22:35 pm
http://twitter.com/#!/TomVH

Well there you go. It's on twitter so it HAS to be true. Has anyone updated Zeke's Wiki page yet?

n5xm

Have you guys forgotten Denard Robinson's effort last year as Mich QB?  The first 5 games he was the absolute frontrunner for the Heisman.  You might do a little homework and look up his performance from last year.  Purdue has had some great passing qbs, but why in the world would Pike want to play in the Big 10 vs. the SEC, particularly with our offense?

The_Iceman

I would love for him to go to Michigan if he doesn't pick us. Brady Hoke is a very classy coach, much more than Rich Rod. I like the mentality and identity that Coach Hoke is going to bring to Michigan. I want to see them good again so they can beat Ohio State.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: lchog on April 18, 2011, 07:07:30 pm

besides the Hogs, Michigan would make the next most sense IMO

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: hogwild210 on April 18, 2011, 06:07:45 pm

Idk because a little while back he told Shawn and Wally that he would not play around with schools and tell people a school was in it if it wasn't, FWIW.

Razorhawg09

Setting yourselves up for disappointment. And it gets old hearing our fans say we lose every recruit because they got paid. Recruiting is what it is under Petrino. We haven't gone out and gotten the best out of state talent in 4 years. We've got good coaches that are developers. Not ace recruiters.

31to6

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on April 18, 2011, 08:40:11 pm
Setting yourselves up for disappointment. And it gets old hearing our fans say we lose every recruit because they got paid. Recruiting is what it is under Petrino. We haven't gone out and gotten the best out of state talent in 4 years. We've got good coaches that are developers. Not ace recruiters.
We flipped Tevin Mitchell from Nebraska. We got Funderburke from a list of 22 BCS offers.

We are starting to win some big battles.

I do not think every recruiting battle we lose is due to corruption.

I do think Auburn, specifically, is dirty as hell. (repeat offender, unrepentant, sudden recruiting success... it's a duck)

jry04

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on April 18, 2011, 08:40:11 pm
We got Gosha over some big time schools. There are a number of highly recruited players that keep coming here. Knile Davis and Ronnie Wingo a few years ago.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 18, 2011, 08:52:08 pm
We got Gosha over some big time schools. There are a number of highly recruited players that keep coming here. Knile Davis and Ronnie Wingo a few years ago.
Gosha did not have committable offers from any of those schools. Many viewed Wingo as a LB and we benefited from Mizzou not being a great fit for a RB. Still he almost decommitted and flipped to Mizzou on signing day. Knile had injury concerns.

ChildPlease...

LOL...you realize that the "7 finalist" story from Allen Treiu of Scout.com was tweeted, as was this "4 finalist" story by RD (@arpreps)...

Just because Twitter can get a bit ridiculous witha coaching search doesn't mean that credible, professional people all the sudden lose said credibility by tweeting what the wrote in a story with an iron pen. But I know, it's impossible to believe our team and our precious CBP didn't make the final cut for Zeke. Get a clue.

Quote from: chortle on April 18, 2011, 07:21:46 pm
Well there you go. It's on twitter so it HAS to be true. Has anyone updated Zeke's Wiki page yet?

ChildPlease...

And forget about Robinson. RR is gone. Immediately before RR got there, every UM starting QB for like 20 years was drafted and started games in the NFL. Chad Henne (still in NFL), John Navarre, Drew Henson, Tom Brady (still in NFL), Brian Griese, Scott Driesbach, Todd Collins (still in NFL), Elvis Grbac, John Harbaugh....

Get a clue people. Arkansas (or more directly, under CBP's tutelage) is not the only place where QBs are developed. Especially in comparison to a place like Michigan (under EVERY coach other than RR). Heck, other than Mallett, Petrino and Arkansas collectively have Brian Brohm (GB 3rd string), Matt Jones, and Clint Stoerner to their credit. Yippeee!!

Quote from: n5xm on April 18, 2011, 07:23:31 pm
Have you guys forgotten Denard Robinson's effort last year as Mich QB?  The first 5 games he was the absolute frontrunner for the Heisman.  You might do a little homework and look up his performance from last year.  Purdue has had some great passing qbs, but why in the world would Pike want to play in the Big 10 vs. the SEC, particularly with our offense?

chortle

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 08:54:27 pm
LOL...you realize that the "7 finalist" story from Allen Treiu of Scout.com was tweeted, as was this "4 finalist" story by RD (@arpreps)...

Just because Twitter can get a bit ridiculous witha coaching search doesn't mean that credible, professional people all the sudden lose said credibility by tweeting what the wrote in a story with an iron pen. But I know, it's impossible to believe our team and our precious CBP didn't make the final cut for Zeke. Get a clue.

I'll give you ten crisp, new $100 bills if you can find any post where I said that I thought Pike was coming to the Hill.

IronHog

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 09:01:17 pm
And forget about Robinson. RR is gone. Immediately before RR got there, every UM starting QB for like 20 years was drafted and started games in the NFL. Chad Henne (still in NFL), John Navarre, Drew Henson, Tom Brady (still in NFL), Brian Griese, Scott Driesbach, Todd Collins (still in NFL), Elvis Grbac, John Harbaugh....

Get a clue people. Arkansas (or more directly, under CBP's tutelage) is not the only place where QBs are developed. Especially in comparison to a place like Michigan (under EVERY coach other than RR). Heck, other than Mallett, Petrino and Arkansas collectively have Brian Brohm (GB 3rd string), Matt Jones, and Clint Stoerner to their credit. Yippeee!!

Good for them.

RR is leaving a defense even worse than Nutt left at Arkansas.  That program is a mess.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ChildPlease...

I don't blame you for thinking that, but it's not true. Yes they were bad last season, but it was much more because it was one of the youngest defenses in the entire nation and the HC and DC couldn't get on the same page scheme-wise than it was a talent issue. No one of note graduated or left, and the Baltimore Ravens' DC resigned to come coach Michigan's D. They'll be much improved this season (I'd say from 110th to Top 30-50 or so) and probably Top 20 in the years to come.

And by the way, I wasn't trying to say anything in that last post other than that UM has had some QBs in the past...

Quote from: IronHog on April 18, 2011, 09:04:15 pm

Good for them.

RR is leaving a defense even worse than Nutt left at Arkansas.  That program is a mess.

IronHog

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 09:20:26 pm
I don't blame you for thinking that, but it's not true. Yes they were bad last season, but it was much more because it was one of the youngest defenses in the entire nation and the HC and DC couldn't get on the same page scheme-wise than it was a talent issue. No one of note graduated or left, and the Baltimore Ravens' DC resigned to come coach Michigan's D. They'll be much improved this season (I'd say from 110th to Top 30-50 or so) and probably Top 20 in the years to come.

And by the way, I wasn't trying to say anything in that last post other than that UM has had some QBs in the past...

The times I saw Michigan play their defense was just flat bad.

Small, slow, and not very good.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Spider-Pig

Dedsports    Kentucky prep quarterback Zeke Pike just sent me a text that says Arkansas is in his final four list of schools.

Wildhog

We're on some very good prospects at QB this year, but landing Pike is a program changer.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: Spider-Pig on April 18, 2011, 09:36:21 pm
Dedsports    Kentucky prep quarterback Zeke Pike just sent me a text that says Arkansas is in his final four list of schools.

Looks like we made his final four and final eight, but not his final three.

cityhog

If it's not us, just please not *uburn

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 09:01:17 pm

Petrino has a few more pupils than that.. but ok. 

yraciv

What makes the Michigan recruiting guy any more credible than RD? RD info is clearly from a text this afternoon, where the Michigan guy tweeted this morning. I tend to believe the info that is most current in these situations.  I'm not going to say I think we're the favorite or anything, but if there are 4 hats on the table and we're 1 we've got a chance.

hvsupastar

Petrino also has Jake Plummer, Mark Brunnell, & Jason Campbell to his credit
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

redeye

April 18, 2011, 10:24:12 pm #36 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:25:47 pm by redeye
Quote from: yraciv on April 18, 2011, 10:13:31 pm
What makes the Michigan recruiting guy any more credible than RD? RD info is clearly from a text this afternoon, where the Michigan guy tweeted this morning. I tend to believe the info that is most current in these situations.  I'm not going to say I think we're the favorite or anything, but if there are 4 hats on the table and we're 1 we've got a chance.

No one is more/less credible if we're the fourth hat, but our chance as the fourth hat probably isn't much better than the fifth hat.

Ugly Uncle

Child...it doesn't mean anything that Michigan produced QB's in the past.  It is a new coach.  Hoke will be good coach and runs a pro style offense.  Barnett also went there and Zeke is very close to Barnett.

If he goes to Auburn, which I think he will, it will be a head scratcher.  Gus will be gone after next year.  The program will be on probation and Zeke may not be allowed to go to a bowl game his whole time there.  Trooper Taylor is dirty.  Auburn has never won when they weren't cheating.  Things will get worse before they get better down at Aub.

So, if Zeke goes to Auburn it will be a horrible choice for him.
Retired Radio Host

Flying Razorback

Why the heck is there "4 hats" anyway?  The kid obviously knows where he is going to school, hence the reason he is announcing his decision.  I don't understand why he has to have 2, or 4, or 8, or 64 hats out on the table.  Just bring one hat, the school at which you plan to pursue your undergraduate education, and put it on when you say "I will be attending... to get a degree in..."
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

ChildPlease...

April 18, 2011, 10:41:32 pm #39 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:52:36 pm by ChildPlease...
????

Jason Campbell didn't do a damn thing in college until 2004, his SR season, when CBP was at Lousiville. (And, in fact, Campbell's OC those last seasons? None other than Michigan's own Al Borges...)

Mark Brunell? I have no clue what you're talking about. He played college at Washington...a place CBP has never been.

Quote from: hvsupastar on April 18, 2011, 10:16:50 pm
Petrino also has Jake Plummer, Mark Brunnell, & Jason Campbell to his credit

yraciv

Quote from: redeye on April 18, 2011, 10:24:12 pm
No one is more/less credible if we're the fourth hat, but our chance as the fourth hat probably isn't much better than the fifth hat.

Or maybe he pulled a not so fast my friend once he heard that guy announced that as his top 3 on his twitter because the Hogs are still in the picture. I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, but there is no doubt in my mind he was blown away by his Arkansas visit. Maybe others wowed him more or he thinks are a better fit, but I'm not going to ever worry about CBMFP and Quarterbacks.

ChildPlease...

I'm with you Uncle. I didn't mean it so say he's a sure thing NFL QB if he goes to UM under Hoke (although I guess I do now, because he would be). I was just responding to the notion of a couple posters that implied none of the other schools in that group of 4 should be considered by a "smart" drop back QB. Which is a ludicrous notion when Michigan is on that list. Hoke may be a different coach, but he WAS a coach there under Bo, Moeller and Lllloyd and he's bringing back the same style of play that produced all those aforementioned QBs.

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 18, 2011, 10:27:01 pm
Child...it doesn't mean anything that Michigan produced QB's in the past.  It is a new coach.  Hoke will be good coach and runs a pro style offense.  Barnett also went there and Zeke is very close to Barnett.

If he goes to Auburn, which I think he will, it will be a head scratcher.  Gus will be gone after next year.  The program will be on probation and Zeke may not be allowed to go to a bowl game his whole time there.  Trooper Taylor is dirty.  Auburn has never won when they weren't cheating.  Things will get worse before they get better down at Aub.

So, if Zeke goes to Auburn it will be a horrible choice for him.

ChildPlease...

Zeke is the one that told "that guy" about that Top 3, just as he told "that guy" before anyone else what went down at that 7-on-7 tournament...

Either way, he is not coming here, but you are right - no need to worry about QBs while CBP is here. We'll be fine.

Quote from: yraciv on April 18, 2011, 10:44:33 pm
Or maybe he pulled a not so fast my friend once he heard that guy announced that as his top 3 on his twitter because the Hogs are still in the picture. I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, but there is no doubt in my mind he was blown away by his Arkansas visit. Maybe others wowed him more or he thinks are a better fit, but I'm not going to ever worry about CBMFP and Quarterbacks.

yraciv

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 10:41:32 pm
????

Jason Campell didn't do a damn thing in college until 2004, his SR season, when CBP was at Louisville coaching Brian Brohm.

Mark Brunell? I have no clue what you're talking about. He played college at Washington...a place CBP has never been.

CBP coached Brunell with the Jaguars, he was with Campbell in 02, SO year, when he completed 63% of his passes for 11 td and 5 int. Not record breaking, but Campbell was more efficient than his JR year and a hell of a lot better than his FR year. You got to think Petrino had something to do with that.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 10:41:32 pm

CBP was the OC at Jax I believe.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

yraciv

Quote from: ChildPlease... on April 18, 2011, 10:49:16 pm
Zeke is the one that told "that guy" about that Top 3, just as he told "that guy" before anyone else what went down at that 7-on-7 tournament...

Either way, he is not coming here, but you are right - no need to worry about QBs while CBP is here. We'll be fine.

And he told RD he has a Top 4, 8 hours later that includes Arkansas. He has been in constant contact with RD and told him just as much through the process. Someone facts are off or we are the exact #4 school. It just seems strange that he'd give a different list, and he doesn't seem like the guy to put us on the list as a courtesy.

ChildPlease...

Ahh, didn't know that about Jacksonville. Still, I think most (right or wrong) credit Al Borges with Campbell's progression at Auburn.

Either way, I'm not saying CBP isn't a good QB coach. He's a great one! I'm just saying there are other places where QBs like Pike can be molded just as well. Now if TW and BA end up going in the 1st rd (which they may) I may change my tune...  :)

Quote from: yraciv on April 18, 2011, 10:50:38 pm
CBP coached Brunell with the Jaguars, he was with Campbell in 02, SO year, when he completed 63% of his passes for 11 td and 5 int. Not record breaking, but Campbell was more efficient than his JR year and a hell of a lot better than his FR year. You got to think Petrino had something to do with that.

jkstock04

April 18, 2011, 10:59:39 pm #47 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:01:46 pm by jkstock04
Complete joke if he winds up at Auburn...COMPLETE JOKE. 

Michigan would make sense...LOL absolutely love thinking back to those spinning how losing Barnett was no big deal.  Our chances would probably look pretty good right now with Pike if Barnett would have stayed committed here. 

Oh well...like I have said before it's gonna take more than a loss to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl for us to land big time blue chippers from out of state.  This is still a work in progress...but the improvement is obvious.  A QB like Pike would have scoffed at the idea of coming to Arkansas 5 years ago...now we have guys like this taking serious looks our way.  THAT is improvement, we are gonna get there...it's just gonna take more time, and more importantly more sustained success and more national recognition. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChildPlease...

+1...well said.

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 18, 2011, 10:59:39 pm

Michigan would make sense...LOL absolutely love thinking back to those spinning how losing Barnett was no big deal.  Our chances would probably look pretty good right now with Pike if Barnett would have stayed committed here. 

Oh well...like I have said before it's gonna take more than a loss to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl for us to land big time blue chippers from out of state.  This is still a work in progress...but the improvement is obvious.  A QB like Pike would have scoffed at the idea of coming to Arkansas 5 years ago...now we have guys like this taking serious looks our way.  THAT is improvement, we are gonna get there...it's just gonna take more time, and more importantly more sustained success and more national recognition.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 18, 2011, 10:59:39 pm

From what I understand, Barnett was the one that got him interested in Arkansas in the first place.  Losing him to Michigan WAS a big deal.
Retired Radio Host