Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

‘Bama supporter paid for four-star recruit

Started by TTsTowel, April 07, 2011, 01:59:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TTsTowel

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/07/writer-bama-supporter-paid-for-five-star-recruit/related/

QuoteThe battle between in-state rivals Alabama and Auburn for the services of five-star linebacker Brent Calloway was, to say the least, intriguing.

Long a commitment to the Tide, the five-star linebacker stunned most observers by pulling his verbal commitment from the Tuscaloosa school and committing to the Tigers during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl — on NBC —  in early January.  The flip-flop did not please his family, and Calloway ultimately signed with the Tide on National Signing Day nearly a month after his initial flip.

That's not the end of the story, however, according to at least one website.

By way of Mr. SEC.com, Jeffrey Lee of Rivals.com's Auburn site appeared on an Alabama radio station this morning and, in essence, accused Alabama of paying for Calloway's talents.  Mr. SEC.com has the bullet points of the explosive things Lee said went on financially between an Alabama supporter, Calloway and at least one member of Calloway's family.

* A supporter of Alabama took Calloway to Tuscaloosa multiple times including the weekend prior to national signing day.

* The supporter allegedly then drove Calloway out of state and kept him there until he returned to his hometown of Russellville, Alabama on signing day.

* Before Calloway's final trip to Tuscaloosa pre-signing day, the Bama supporter allegedly made cash payments to Harland "Peaches" Winston who is Calloway's adoptive father.

* Winston supposedly received $2,500 from the Bama fan on at least one occasion.

* Supposedly, Winston also received aid in catching up on his home mortgage.

* The fan also allegedly provided Calloway with a new car that the player drove to school.  Supposedly enough questions were asked about the car that it was returned on the same day.

* Allegedly, the car was purchased by the Bama supporter from a dealership in Muscle Shoals owned by yet another Alabama supporter.

* Supposedly, the supporter told Calloway that he would receive $1,200 per month while playing at Alabama.

If true, this would be an instance where the word "wow" would hardly suffice.

Of course, eyebrows should be raised over a website dedicated to covering Auburn flinging serious accusations against rival Alabama.  But the level of detail involved in the accusations leveled against this Tide supporter — we're unclear if the "booster" label should be applied — certainly makes this something to keep an eye on in the near future.

It should also go without saying that the NCAA may have an interest in speaking to a couple of individuals regarding the situation — if there even is a situation — that's been brought to the public light.

TTsTowel

Pulled(PP)pork

carrying on the Bear's tradition......it's a Alabama thang.

PP

Nutts and Bolts

everyone that is shocked by this please raise their hand...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Kenny Hawgins

any proof?

fwiw, auburn accusing anyone of cheating is hilarious.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

RAF

Ah, the old "hey, look over there!"...  Maybe 'Bama wouldn't have outbid you if you hadn't blown your stash on the Preacher's son.

3BoarsDown

It's funny when Auburn people claim other people are cheating after how they claim they've been attacked by false rumors.

Bad career move by Jeffrey Lee.

TTsTowel

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 07, 2011, 02:25:16 pm
any proof?

We've been saying that throughout the WHOLE Cam fiasco. That didn't stop the media for bashing us.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 03:21:13 pm
We've been saying that throughout the WHOLE Cam fiasco. That didn't stop the media for bashing us.

there is proof that his dad was seeking payment which should make him ineligible automatically.  of course, you guys expect us to believe scam didn't know what daddy was doing.  pure bs.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 07, 2011, 03:22:58 pm
there is proof that his dad was seeking payment which should make him ineligible automatically.  of course, you guys expect us to believe scam didn't know what daddy was doing.  pure bs.
and proof that there was a "pay for play" system in use from a former regime, and that two key figures in that regime are still deeply involved in AU athletics....but they must have repented and swore off such actions, right??

PP

TTsTowel

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 07, 2011, 03:22:58 pm

And that is the loophole in the system. They have no proof Cam knew about it, so they can't do anything. Fwiw, not trying to be a jackass, but we don't care what any other fanbase believes. All we care about is what the NCAA thinks, and they didn't see anything wrong.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

mmhogs17

The State of Alabama is dirtier than a hobo on the street.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 03:27:19 pm
And that is the loophole in the system. They have no proof Cam knew about it, so they can't do anything. Fwiw, not trying to be a jackass, but we don't care what any other fanbase believes. All we care about is what the NCAA thinks, and they didn't see anything wrong.
you barners are so short sighted...."they" aint done with you yet.  L-O-L, "bruh"

PP

RAF

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 03:21:13 pm
It's been proved that Cecil solicited MSU for money.  Proved.  That makes Cam 100% ineligible, according to NCAA rules... even if he didn't know.  The NCAA has chosen to ignore that last part, because he has a "nice smile" or something, but that's a different story.  Even so, while it hasn't been proved that he did, the circumstantial evidence is enough for anyone with half a brain to determine that he did, based on comment he's made.

I know that makes you Auburn fans go all Chris Crocker, but it doesn't change the facts.

tiber

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 03:27:19 pm
If barners don't care about what other fanbases believe, why are you and others on here constantly trying to defend yourselves?

HoopS

Theolesnort

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on April 07, 2011, 02:25:16 pm
any proof?

Misery loves company.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

TTsTowel

Quote from: Pulledpork on April 07, 2011, 03:30:28 pm
you barners are so short sighted...."they" aint done with you yet.  L-O-L, "bruh"

PP

I love fans like you. You know, the ones who put themselves on a higher pedistal than others just because something about their team is better than another team. Fact of the matter is.. Auburn football > Arky football, in simply every way imaginable. Welcome to reality.

TTsTowel

Quote from: tiber on April 07, 2011, 03:35:26 pm
  If barners don't care about what other fanbases believe, why are you and others on here constantly trying to defend yourselves?

Check my posts, I've been saying we're guilty. But every other college is, too. It's not just a coincidense that Auburn, LSU, T A&M, tOSU, USCw, among others are being unfairly trashed by the media.

Every player, in some way, is receiving some type of benefit. It's just reality.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 05:17:57 pm
I love fans like you. You know, the ones who put themselves on a higher pedistal than others just because something about their team is better than another team. Fact of the matter is.. Auburn football > Arky football, in simply every way imaginable. Welcome to reality.
Reality will hit you when we mop your ass this year. No wait...it probably still won't.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

tiber

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 05:21:01 pm
Check my posts, I've been saying we're guilty. But every other college is, too. It's not just a coincidense that Auburn, LSU, T A&M, tOSU, USCw, among others are being unfairly trashed by the media.

Every player, in some way, is receiving some type of benefit. It's just reality.

Unfairly trashed?

Seriously?

Schools supporters try to take care of their players.  That has always gone on. 
SMU took cheating well above and beyond anyone in the former SWC, and everyone else in the country.

You are a fan of the current-day SMU.

You're not only guilty, you're guiltier.  You boo Cheezdik (for good reason) when he steps off the plane, only to kiss his feet 2yrs later when you figure out he's only Lowder's willing pawn.

TTsTowel

Quote from: tiber on April 07, 2011, 05:48:39 pm
Unfairly trashed?

Seriously?

Schools supporters try to take care of their players.  That has always gone on. 
SMU took cheating well above and beyond anyone in the former SWC, and everyone else in the country.

You are a fan of the current-day SMU.

You're not only guilty, you're guiltier.  You boo Cheezdik (for good reason) when he steps off the plane, only to kiss his feet 2yrs later when you figure out he's only Lowder's willing pawn.

Yes we were unfairly trashed. Any evidence linking us to paying Cam? No.

Current SMU? Lmao. Please.

I booed Chizik? Once again, lmao. That was one dude at the airport. Don't link every other AU fan to one idiot.

Oh, btw, "Cheezdik" has a ring. What does BP have? Oh yeah, a loss to tOSU in the most important game Arky has played in for some while.. lol.

tiber

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 06:36:04 pm

I booed Chizik? Once again, lmao. That was one dude at the airport. Don't link every other AU fan to one idiot.

Oh, btw, "Cheezdik" has a ring. What does BP have? Oh yeah, a loss to tOSU in the most important game Arky has played in for some while.. lol.

If you think you've been unfairly trashed you are truly in denial. 

You ARE the current SMU, without the good school part.

There's more than one idiot in your fanbase... plenty seem fixated on showing up here.

Cheezdik DOES have a ring, you're right.  Bought and paid for by Lowder and the WHOLE COUNTRY knows it.  That's the part that burns you up.  Enjoy it if you can.

The part that REALLY must burn you up -

Bama clearly cheats.  Barner clearly cheats.
But people still respect Alabama.

hawgeathawg

April 07, 2011, 07:00:16 pm #24 Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:17:24 pm by hawgeathawg

Sooner or later, your trollish nature always rises to the surface...Deny it all you want, but that's all you really are. I'd rather lose than be a fan of a program whose propensity for cheating is nearly unrivaled in the SEC (and thats saying something). But that's just me. Enjoy your days at the top, but remember, it's a long way back down.

3BoarsDown

tusksincolorado

So the sewer from the West Georgia Plains is now flowing to the Northeast  in Bama.

Not surprising.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Mods - Lanny when are you going dump this Troll?

Go Hawgs!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 05:17:57 pm

Amazing that $MU-BARN Trolls are in denial forget about the years prior to last year.

Go Hawgs!

tusksincolorado

Hello.......Calling Douglas.......Come in Douglas.......Hogville needs you to smash a $MU-BARN Troll!

regi

Auburn is a pos program, anything they claim about Bama, carries as much weight and objectivity as Hannity on a Democrat. AU will forever have little sister syndrome and State School [CENSORED] envy. that is who these raggedy mouth bottom feeding Barners are.

regi

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 07, 2011, 08:18:10 pm
Hello.......Calling Douglas.......Come in Douglas.......Hogville needs you to smash a $MU-BARN Troll!

They need at least one of these inbreds to drive traffic here. She seems to be the only one left.

porkinsons disease

April 07, 2011, 08:38:49 pm #32 Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:54:57 pm by porkinsons disease
Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 05:46:45 pm
Is this supposed to hurt my feelings? I've already said Arkansas will beat us you mongoloid.
If " Awbarn football>Arkansas football in every way imaginable", shouldn't you beat us consistently? You seem to be contradicting yourself or just "talking out your ass". Keep calling me names to hijack the dialogue.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

tusksincolorado

Quote from: regi on April 07, 2011, 08:23:53 pm
They need at least one of these inbreds to drive traffic here. She seems to be the only one left.

Yea.....but it was about 4 years ago when "The Bear" came alive on a punk in some area of Hot Springs who called Douglas out. In the end, "The Bear" though some CIA technology posted the punks IP Address, street address, zip call, neighborhood, social security number, wiener length, and the punk's real name on this website. I even think "The Bear" called the kids Mommy and Daddy and spoke to them about children being left unattended on the internet. IT IS THAT TIME AGAIN!

It was true comedy!

It was amazing!

It made me realize never ever PO "The Bear"!

The BADAZZ MOD among all other MODs.

Time to go troll hunting.......Awake "The BEAR"!

ar_hog_fan

tusk, i have been dying laughing for the past 5 minutes solid about "the BEAR" post. +10 if i could

hawgeathawg

Quote from: porkinsons disease on April 07, 2011, 08:38:49 pm
If " Awbarn football>Arkansas football in every way imaginable", shouldn't you beat us consistently?

Don't confuse the Aubie troll with logic...it doesn't exist in their world.

hawgeathawg

April 08, 2011, 07:20:51 am #36 Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:28:50 am by hawgeathawg
Quote from: TTsTowel on April 07, 2011, 05:46:45 pm
Is this supposed to hurt my feelings? I've already said Arkansas will beat us you mongoloid.

Don't know how I missed this, but as someone who has been blessed enough to work with and around many with Down's Sydrome, this is quite offensive to me. Of course, Auburn and bigotry go together like peas and carrots, so it shouldn't have been a suprise.

uams1989

This Awb did Bama a favor.  Bama is investigating because the Awb made the acusations.

1. If no proof is found (which none has been produced) then, Calloway will be cleared by the NCAA well before he would have played.
2. If it is proved, and the acusations are true, by his own account, this is a supporter, not a booster.  Bama and the NCAA rule this player ineligible before he ever plays a down (something the Awbs were not willing to do with Cam) and Bama has complied.
3. Only way Bama would stand to be penalized is if a coach or booster is involved, and again, the Awb does not make that claim.

It is interesting to me that this kid is a known Bama fan his whole life and he miraculously changes his commitment to Auburn, but when he switches back, Bama had to cheat. 

The Awbs better be careful.  What's to keep a kid from claiming that Auburn was dirty in their recruiting?
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

RAF

Pulled(PP)pork

discombobulationist

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

farmhawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 07, 2011, 08:18:10 pm
WOW, next time we need action we are calling you....Great job +1000
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!