Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

“Nutt confirms Floyd Raven’s mom forged his signature on LOI to Ole Miss."

Started by 56Hog, February 02, 2011, 07:31:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

56Hog

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

56Hog

And it get even more weird...

"It's our staff," Nutt said. "It's the body of work. It's the back to back Cotton Bowls. It's a belief in what we're doing. And I've got to give credit to the Mississippi mothers. The living rooms that we've been in have just been awesome." - Nutt press conf. today before Raven's story hit the news.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

RAF

Quote from: 56Hog on February 02, 2011, 07:42:26 pm
And it get even more weird...

"It's our staff," Nutt said. "It's the body of work. It's the back to back Cotton Bowls. It's a belief in what we're doing. And I've got to give credit to the Mississippi mothers. The living rooms that we've been in have just been awesome." - Nutt press conf. today before Raven's story hit the news.
Man, how much mileage is he going to get out of that "back to back January One bowl games" schtick?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: dxf04 on February 02, 2011, 08:02:17 pm
Man, how much mileage is he going to get out of that "back to back January One bowl games" schtick?

For the next 50 years.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Sivad

Quote from: dxf04 on February 02, 2011, 08:02:17 pm
Don't know how much true mileage Nutt will get out it, but he sure intends to ride that worn out pony all the way into the ground before he stops trotting it out.

EasyB

Sounds to me like Ms. Raven was trying to provide services to keep up her end of the bargain.

Got to ask yourself why a MOM would do something like that?  Only thing I can think of is that Hootie and the MSM were going to pay her for delivering Floyd to ole piss.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: EasyB on February 03, 2011, 08:07:04 am
Sounds to me like Ms. Raven was trying to provide services to keep up her end of the bargain.

Got to ask yourself why a MOM would do something like that?  Only thing I can think of is that Hootie and the MSM were going to pay her for delivering Floyd to ole piss.

My thoughts exactly when I heard about this story.  Her actions reeked of desperation, and mothers don't resort to acts of illegality when their son decommits from a school unless there is something else to the story.  I wouldn't be surprised if this raises a red flag in the SEC office, because they take pay-for-play very seriously (/sarcasm).

The Realist

crazy crazy thought here but maybe the mom just wanted her kid staying closer to home....
No that couldn't be it.  She must have been paid. 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

losthawg68

Quote from: The Realist on February 03, 2011, 11:05:40 am
crazy crazy thought here but maybe the mom just wanted her kid staying closer to home....
No that couldn't be it.  She must have been paid. 

Maybe that controlling type of behavior is why he wants to get farther away to begin with.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

jbell96

Here is what the article on Rivals said:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Signing-Day-stories-Floyd-Raven-s-mother-forged?urn=ncaaf-316051

Nutt tried to explain the situation this afternoon in his own rambling, Nuttian way:

"His mom. Mom really wanted him here, David," UM coach Houston Nutt said, smiling, to Associated Press reporter David Brandt during today's news conference. "Mom wanted him here in the worst way. And so, (UM compliance director) David (Wells is) our expert on that, so the bottom line is when they told us that we said 'Hey, look, I want you to be here because you really want to be here.' And [Raven] was so torn. It's really hard, it's a hard hard decision, but when mom told me that, [I said] 'Hey, look, I want you to do what's in your heart.' And I think at the time he wanted to go elsewhere and look, I want them to want to be here." [...]

"Bottom line is, hey, we did get a signature, we did get a letter, but I want people that want to be here," Nutt said. "I want people that really truly want to be here. I'd rather just talk about the ones that we have."

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Silver Hog

Quote from: Sivad on February 02, 2011, 11:40:13 pm
Don't know how much true mileage Nutt will get out it, but he sure intends to ride that worn out pony all the way into the ground before he stops trotting it out.

Kind of like he does with any half-decent running back he has.

HF_Mudd

Quote from: Sivad on February 02, 2011, 11:40:13 pm

Well what else does he have to fall back on, the scintillating finish in the SEC West this past year?  I'd rely on the back to back 50 years schtick too if I were him.
And so it is, my friend....

I-HATE-Nutt

Quote from: HF_Mudd on February 03, 2011, 01:06:28 pm
Well what else does he have to fall back on, the scintillating finish in the SEC West this past year?  I'd rely on the back to back 50 years schtick too if I were him.

After His third year at Arkansas, he was reminding us how we just wanted to beat SMU before he got here. "When I got here they just wanted to know if we going to beat SMU"

Smoke and mirrors.

Hawg Balling

Quote"I want them to want to be here," Nutt said of recruits. "The one thing I know about the other guys' signatures that [our coaches] received is that they want to be here. We'll leave it at that. Good luck to him."

Does this guy ever write new material? Seriously, he recycles talking points like a bad comedian.

Sivad

Quote from: jbell96 on February 03, 2011, 11:12:22 am

"Bottom line is, hey, we did get a signature, we did get a letter." Nutt said.

So that imbecile is bragging about getting at least a forged signature from this recruit's mother? What a tool.

Wildhog

And then he went and tried to get Artez Brown back, who rejected that dork.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

farmhawg

MOtho has put himself in the worst possible position, his recruiting classes are ranked high, they are all his players now, he can't coach a lick. He has again set expectations high with his recruiting and they are in for a hell of a fall. The dork just doesn't learn.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

josh_sec33

Quote from: Bumper Sticker on Raven's Mom's car
My son plays for A&M, but my money goes to Ole Miss

Rumor has it that there was at one point a pencil cross out of the words 'goes to' and over it was written "comes from," but it appears the rain may have washed it off.
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

chiefsfan

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2011, 04:50:19 pm
And then he went and tried to get Artez Brown back, who rejected that dork.

ASU coaching staff was happily retelling that story during our signing day event wednesday, said that he was practicailly begging on the phone
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

josh_sec33

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 04, 2011, 07:56:27 pm
ASU coaching staff was happily retelling that story during our signing day event wednesday, said that he was practicailly begging on the phone

Is that story online quoted anywhere? This sounds epic.

Justifiable Hogicide

Raven's momma already knew that Nutt has no problems with burglary, theft, dope, guns and dope, assault, battery, so why would she assume he had any problem with forgery?

kimjongsqUeAl

Hmmm, interesting how there's always something ignorant going on with those ass clowns down in Oxford, MS.  We know all too well all the crazy BS we put up with while he was here!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God