Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] - ALL Matt Hall Transfer discussion HERE

Started by JackJohnson, January 09, 2010, 12:38:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Highway Hog Sign

This is disapointing.    I was hoping to see him crack first team in the Spring.  So big, so much potential.  Anyone else thinking he's wanting to transfer to Oxford?  He almost went there out of HS.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Lake City Hog

KC, you really are a big Houston Nutt fan, aren't you? Nothing wrong with that, some people like Coke and some like Pepsi. It just seems to me that you are not enjoying the Razorbacks that much anymore and I really hate that for you. Just so you know, I stood up in my living room and cheered the day Nutt was announced as Head Coach. I also was ready for him to go, probably a year or so before he actually left.

Porklandia

Quote from: BEvERage on January 10, 2010, 10:15:18 am
the guy who wrote the story, Robbie Neiswanger, is in nwa. i think the story was syndicated to arkansas papers, so that bit of bashing is not valid.

Ahhhhh. I see. I have been reading some good stuff from him lately.
Put a Hog on it!

Marshfieldhog

I've got no problem with Matt Hall wanting to go to another school except the one ran by Man Boobs....that tells me he is a Nutt Hugger so adios and don't let the door hit you on the way out. And I hope Petrino doesn't release you so your parents have to foot the bill.

Why don't you go to OSU or Missouri? Why Ole Miss?

Lake City Hog

I hope that as a fan base we can be more supportive of the kids that do leave the program, after all they did choose the Hogs. Leaving because they want to play more and just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel is not a terrible motive.

Matt Hall could very well wind up at UCA and if he does he will have a very good career there. With the Summers announcement he could rethink his decision and stay. He may feel that with a new position coach he may have a better chance. So how about we give the kid the benefit of the doubt!

bubbafromSECF

Frees up a schollie we can use on somebody good. Matt hall wants out, too much hard work abd dedication here. The only circus in town(sec) is oxford. So y wouldn't he wanna go there? He ll go there and be a favorite and start right away

OKhogfan1959

If I remember correctly Matt and his mom just loved Markuson and Nutt, he almost went to play for Nuttrebel at that time. He was NEVER EVER going to play in front of Oden or Love or even Dominguez or even Freeman before he gets moved to TE.

I suspect his mom and dad have been talking to Nutt during the recruiting of Matts brother. I say don't make him sit out and let him be eligible next year if possible. His brother is headed there for sure.

He looked around and said hey I ain't ever going to beat these guys out here. Just like Nathan Dick last year looked at Ryan Mallett and said hey I am done here and moved on. Good bye and good luck Matt.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: bubbafromSECF on January 10, 2010, 11:53:17 am
Frees up a schollie we can use on somebody good. Matt hall wants out, too much hard work abd dedication here. The only circus in town(sec) is oxford. So y wouldn't he wanna go there? He ll go there and be a favorite and start right away

Agree with ^^^^^!

rude1

I just don't think Matt Hall fit the system. There is a reason you don't see 6'10" guys donning an NFL sideline. For a team that wants to run a pro style passing attack, an offensive lineman with slow feet isn't going to be what BP wants to see.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 11:41:51 am
I certainly don't hate the guy, if that's what you mean.  I think he is a very good coach and am grateful for how he turned the program around.  But I too thought it was time for him to go.  No one should have to go through that type of treatment by some of the fan base, and it was only going to get worse.

I think we were lucky to get CBP.  I also think CBP is a good coach, but every coach has warts - even Bobby.  In this case, it is clear that for many players and coaches, he is not enjoyable to work or play for. 

Anyway -  I don't hate Nutt, and I don't worship Petrino.

Regardless of who is coach, I will always cheer for my team.  That is a foreign concept to many on here, I know.  I hope you can enjoy the team too.

What do you mean by "your grateful for him turning the program around"?  What exactly did Nutt Sack turn around?  A .500 conference record, no conference championships and loses to Vandy and Kentucky do not point to turning the program around.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

hogfaninrogers

i recall two or three times early in the year when he was in the game being flagged for false starts

ChicoHog

Quote from: ark30inf on January 09, 2010, 07:36:52 pm
If he goes to USC, to UCA, to Memphis, to Tulsa, to Florida, to Texas, to A&M.....good luck sir.

If he goes to LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State then screw him.
Cross UF off that list.  they are in the SEC.

Tusks

hall gains nothing eligibility wise by leaving now....why not wait and see who the new OL coach is....go through spring practice.  if it doesn't work out transfer over the summer and sit out a year.

if you have to sit out...that one extra spring aint gonna make a difference.

with a new OL coach on the way.....i would at least find out who it is before i hit the road.....i mean BP could hire the one guy that could make MH an AA but he wont know if he's not in the program.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hog_fan

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 11:41:51 am
I certainly don't hate the guy, if that's what you mean.  I think he is a very good coach and am grateful for how he turned the program around.  But I too thought it was time for him to go.  No one should have to go through that type of treatment by some of the fan base, and it was only going to get worse.

I think we were lucky to get CBP.  I also think CBP is a good coach, but every coach has warts - even Bobby.  In this case, it is clear that for many players and coaches, he is not enjoyable to work or play for. 

Anyway -  I don't hate Nutt, and I don't worship Petrino.

Regardless of who is coach, I will always cheer for my team.  That is a foreign concept to many on here, I know.  I hope you can enjoy the team too.

And players that didn't deserve the treatment he got. Of course your a Nutt fan and blind to the truth. Him and his wife earned the treatment they got.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Justifiable Hogicide

If the kid wants to tuck tail and run to the Dork and the MSM, so be it.
But you just know that Nutt will plumb him for anything and everything ever said by the Arkansas coaching staff about him, anything and everything in the Arkansas playbook, schemes and strategies, etc., and that, I don't like.

hog_fan

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 10:37:40 am
Not certain yet, but a pattern is developing with both players and coaching staff.  When this happened with our prior coach, It was commonly believed that he "ran them off".

For our current coach, the players transferring are being deemed unworthy or unable to hack it - see posts above for examples.  With regard to the coaching staff, most of the excuses given are that the coach couldn't hack it, he wanted to go be closer to his roots, or he wasn't a big loss anyway.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why people would want to leave.  It coincides with reason why we are having a hard time landing blue chip recruits this year. 

But I certainly don't believe Bobby is intentionally running anyone off.  I think we need to get used to these departures, however.

Are you really that dumb that you can't tell the difference? Did Petrino's friend send Hall an email. Petrino plays the best period. Hall wasn't the best. He hasn't played. Petrino is clear on the amount of work he requires. I'm wondering why you are here. You feel sorry for Nutt, but feel nothing for those he mistreated and lied about. Way more then just the Springdale guys

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: lchog on January 10, 2010, 11:18:08 am

KC, you really are a big Houston Nutt fan, aren't you? Nothing wrong with that, some people like Coke and some like Pepsi.

More like the difference between Coca-Cola and sewer run-off.

pigzwillrise

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 09, 2010, 02:49:37 pm
Peace out you huge wuss. If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen. Don't be surprised if he's pretty good at ole miss where he will only be required to run block now that their passing game left. Learning NFL style blocking schemes isn't for everyone.
great attitude towards a college kid that you have no insight to as far as his situation goes... classy and mature... good work

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: KnilesKankle on January 10, 2010, 10:38:59 am
I guess you missed this part of post -"If that's the case,"-
You wrote up a completely imaginary scenario with no hint that that is what happened.  There was really no point in doing so and the only effect was to make the guy look bad.  That may not have been your attention but some people are bound to read that and run with it.

If you don't know anything about the situation then why even write something like that?

hogfan1111x

Quote from: LJHOG on January 09, 2010, 02:17:08 pm
No, you cannot let a guy go to a conference opponent Ole Miss or otherwise.
yet more evidence to drop the "student - athlete" charade. They are football players and nothing more  right bro ?

WBOBO

Boy I would have loved to have seen Burlsworth under Petrino's offense.  If you give me
five offensive lineman with Burl's work ethic, we go to a BCS game.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hogfan1111x on January 10, 2010, 02:45:01 pm
yet more evidence to drop the "student - athlete" charade. They are football players and nothing more  right bro ?

They are both, and he can be a student anywhere, I'd rather he just didn't be a football player in the same conferece as the program he is leaving.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bubbafromSECF

Not worried about hall tellin nutt anything about Arkansas. Have you watched a cbp show? He goes over plays and scheme on the show! He isn't scared of anyone knowing what he does. Nutts brain would explode trying to process all petrinos football knowledge.  Nothing to worry about there.

Sivad

Quote from: berryhog on January 10, 2010, 09:57:33 am
Mother says he felt misled. 
If he goes to Ole Miss, he is fixing to get a real understanding of the term 'misled'.

porkurina

I hate to see any player transfer but if he will be happier somewhere else then he should leave.  I wish him the best.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 06:05:39 pm
As to your first question, I have no idea - nor do I care.  Players get ridiculous hate mail.  It happens.  It shouldn't, but it does.  If one of Bobby's friends did something against Hall, then I don't hold Bobby accountable for that.  That would be absurd.

As to your last statement, I think Nutt's record as being a players' coach stands on its own.  It's not debatable.  The players want to win for him.  He motivates them extremely well.  If you don't want to believe that, then there is nothing I can say that will change your mind. 

If Matt Hall wants to leave to go play under him, that is just one example.  It's really not worth debating with you.  You have made up your mind, and you are going to believe what you want to believe.  There is nothing I can do about that.

But here's the deal - I really don't feel "sorry" for Nutt.  He obviously made a great career move, and has been incredibly successful at Ole Miss given where the program was at before he got there.  If you want to argue that point, I can't help you.  It is a fact - proven on the field, with results they haven't seen in four decades.

However, I will tell you that I have a major problem with the way a portion of our fan base acted during his final years here.  It's not a question of feeling sorry for Nutt, or a question of whether he "deserved" it, in my opinion.  Even assuming that one or more of the accusations are true, two wrongs simply don't make a right.  I have always believed that, and will never stop believing that.  You can feel free to disagree with me on that - we all have to live our own lives.  I choose to live mine with that rule.  You can choose your own rules.  I wish you the best of luck with yours.  I just hope that most of our fan base agrees with me and won't allow it to happen again.

I simply do not believe that the ends justify the means in all cases.  If you do, then good luck with that.

Nothing but a Nutthugger. I am extremely unhappy with Nutt and his mafia did at Arkansas.

We'll see how his career move works out now that he will play with his own recruits. I wish that this site would just ban you and those like you!!! I can't say this enough!!

You are not Arkansas and we just don't need you on a Razorback message board telling us how bad we treated Nuttretard. He is the master of the code red and he should have been fired for calling the code red on Mitch.

I actually hate people like you!

KlubhouseKonnected

get a hobby bro. It isn't worth being that upset.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 10, 2010, 07:20:53 pm
Nothing but a Nutthugger. I am extremely unhappy with Nutt and his mafia did at Arkansas.

We'll see how his career move works out now that he will play with his own recruits. I wish that this site would just ban you and those like you!!! I can't say this enough!!

You are not Arkansas
and we just don't need you on a Razorback message board telling us how bad we treated Nuttretard. He is the master of the code red and he should have been fired for calling the code red on Mitch.

I actually hate people like you!

Wow. You must have a really pathetic life.

And to those acting like Hall has no future under Nutt & Markuson, how many OL have they put in the pro ranks at Ark?

KlubhouseKonnected

a couple I guess.

10 years is quite a while.

They get no credit for Jason Peters though.

N HOG

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on January 10, 2010, 10:30:44 am
THIS. 

If the kid isn't going to get a chance to play here anyway, he should get his release.  Coach Nutt even granted Damian's release and that was a significant loss to our program.  The kid should decide where he wants to play and be free to take a shot at playing there.

Who is "Coach Nutt"?

woodlawnhog

I'm sure CBP will find another stud. Seems to me he looks all over the country and will find someone who wants to play here.

Iwastherein1969

let him go wherever....if he's not good enough to crack our lineup I seriously doubt he's going to kick our ass in a game....let him go to the land of the KKK, we'll stomp a mud hole in his ass
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on January 10, 2010, 11:14:04 am
More to follow.  No names in particular that I know of but just about every year a number of guys leave when they see no future here.  Happens at every school every year.

This.

HoopS

One huge difference in this is that with Nutt, when kids left we would hear from those close to the program why it was the kid's fault...."he was a cancer", "couldn't play on this level", blah blah blah. 

Petrino will demand hard work.   We will reap the benefits.   Some players will not like it.   Some will.  The ones who stick it out will be glad they did.  I played for a hard coach and easily could have quit.  I'm glad I didn't. 

stronguard

The whole thing stinks of violations.  NuttyBuddy tried to get several kids to transfer when he was fired. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: stronguard on January 10, 2010, 09:18:47 pm
The whole thing stinks of violations.  NuttyBuddy tried to get several kids to transfer when he was fired.
agree with this....I put nothing past Mr Manboobs of Mississippi
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

razorback44

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 10, 2010, 07:46:47 pm

And to those acting like Hall has no future under Nutt & Markuson, how many OL have they put in the pro ranks at Ark?

2 that actually play.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

BigHog396

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 06:05:39 pm
But here's the deal - I really don't feel "sorry" for Nutt.  He obviously made a great career move, and has been incredibly successful at Ole Miss given where the program was at before he got there.  If you want to argue that point, I can't help you.  It is a fact - proven on the field, with results they haven't seen in four decades.
You really should check your "fact"s before you show your ignorance.

Ole Miss was 10-3 (7-1 in the SEC with their only loss being by 3 to #2 LSU) in 2003.  Hate to tell you, but that 10-3 record is a FACT, and a record Hootie hasn't touched yet at Ole Piss... and I would say 2003 is definitely within the last FOUR decades.

So... you were saying...

duckman

smoked hog

I wish him the best of luck. i hope he does not go to a SECW school. Thanks for being a hog.

BigHog396

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 10:12:56 pm
Like I said.  There really is no point in arguing.  You either knew exactly what I was referring to, or you are just limited in your knowledge and ability to analyze the obvious.  Let me make it easier for you: 

It's the best TWO BACK TO BACK YEARS they have had in 4 decades - after going 0-8 in the SEC the year before he got there (with there only loss being to . . . oh, wait, every SEC team they played).  That's 18 wins in two years - just like his final two years at Arkansas.  9 wins per year for four straight years at two historically middle tier schools in the SEC, the best conference in football.

If you want to think he is a terrible coach, you can think what you want, but I am done arguing the obvious in a thread which is supposed about us losing a player.  This has been argued about over and over again. 
Woo hoo, a whole 1 game better than in '02 and '03.  But then again, they played 2 FCS teams this year, which means they only officially won 8 games this year, so they have the same combined 17 wins they did in those two seasons.... Keep 'em coming.

We won't even mention the fact that with the talent on those four teams, he EASILY should have won 40+ games, probably at least 1 SEC Championship, and possibly a NC.  But, it's Nutty, he never could live up to the hype when he had the talent to win the big games.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: olemissbydamn on January 10, 2010, 07:46:47 pm

You're on an Arkansas message board defending a coach we don't like.

You must obviously have a really pathetic life.

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 10, 2010, 09:44:43 pm
You really should check your "fact"s before you show your ignorance.

Ole Miss was 10-3 (7-1 in the SEC with their only loss being by 3 to #2 LSU) in 2003.  Hate to tell you, but that 10-3 record is a FACT, and a record Hootie hasn't touched yet at Ole Piss... and I would say 2003 is definitely within the last FOUR decades.

So... you were saying...

+1
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 10, 2010, 10:12:56 pm
Like I said.  There really is no point in arguing.  You either knew exactly what I was referring to, or you are just limited in your knowledge and ability to analyze the obvious.  Let me make it easier for you: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Miss_Rebels_football#2009_season

It's the best TWO BACK TO BACK YEARS they have had in 4 decades - after going 0-8 in the SEC the year before he got there (with there only loss being to . . . oh, wait, every SEC team they played).  Ignoring the two back to back January bowl games, that is still 18 wins in two years - just like his final two years at Arkansas.  9 wins per year for four straight years at two historically middle tier schools in the SEC, the best conference in football.

If you want to think he is a terrible coach, you can think what you want, but I am done arguing the obvious in a thread which is supposed about us losing a player.  This has been argued about over and over again. 

Then perhaps you should be more clear up front.

BTW, why don't you go to ole pisses board and hang out with your buddy TCTWF.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: razorback44 on January 09, 2010, 01:21:17 pm
Ole Miss is trying to get him to have a leg up on signing his little brother who is supposed to be a stud.
That makes perfect sense from Hootie. Sounds just like the type of backdoor move he would try.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 11, 2010, 12:22:02 am
You're on an Arkansas message board defending a coach we don't like.

You must obviously have a really pathetic life.
Thank you very much. I couldn't have said it any better.

DeltaBoy

Well I say No go to Ole Myth and Mr Hall don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord Split ya.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dropkick

Good luck to Hall (except if he plays against the Hogs). Hope he finds what he is looking for.

OTTER

Not too surprised although I did believe he would stay.  I hate to think that any kid from my home town would pack it in.  But the truth is, he was a big kid who didn't progress into a starting role like he thought he would and insted of hanging in there decided to leave.  I wish him luck as long as it isn't a SECW school.  Arkansas Tech would be a good choice!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!