Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] - Alabama and fan attendance (70K +)

Started by HeathWimp, April 21, 2007, 01:49:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathWimp

April 21, 2007, 01:49:32 pm Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:52:38 pm by HeathWimp
And don't say it's only because the weather is nice.

Or that it's only because of their tradition.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

hogsanity

Quote from: HeathWimp on April 21, 2007, 01:49:32 pm

It is because bama is a Fb state, PERIOD, win or lose they sell out whatever the Fb event is.  They sell out the spring game, they sell out for podunk tech, they sell out in Nov even if they are 2-9.  Can we say the same? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GTOWNHOG

I have been watching on TV.  It has actually been an entertaining football game.  Key word: "GAME".  They are playing a full, four quarter game.  The only concession that I can see is that the QB's are down when they are "in the grasp" of the defender.

70,000 at a spring game......impressive.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Hugehogsfan

I am watching it on Comcast in LR and they have some holes, but will look pretty good this fall.  Nick Satan will do his best with the defense and try to win low scoring games.  But yes they have a helleva turnout, nothing like our fine 2,000.

rocksalt

They probably would have still had 35,000 if it was 20 degrees outside.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

WILL CLINTON

Bama will be a real contender for the SEC Western Division, and with Saban's coaching, could contend for the overall title. 

If not this year, easily within the next 2 years. 

That is what real coaching will do for a team.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

vol_in_ar

Did they bring out a live Elephant, as part of the pre game...
I heard they were going to have a live Elephant (Albatross) to open games, ala the Eagle at Auburn.

ilovepinebluff

It looks like their offense is for real. But Mcfadden and Jones will eat their d-lines lunch.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on April 21, 2007, 02:03:53 pm
It looks like their offense is for real. But Mcfadden and Jones will eat their d-lines lunch.

And their offense will eat our whole defense's lunch.

And their defense will be a LOT better when the season rolls around than they are now. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

vol_in_ar

moses_007

camden5r

Just my observation. WHO Cares!!!!!!!!!!

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Oliver

Quote from: hogsanity on April 21, 2007, 01:50:52 pm

It is because bama is a Fb state, PERIOD, win or lose they sell out whatever the Fb event is.  They sell out the spring game, they sell out for podunk tech, they sell out in Nov even if they are 2-9.  Can we say the same? 

We do have a Heisman frontrunner returning for us this year and didn't sniff even 20,000 at our spring game...and we do a pretty good job of selling out most of our games.

jrw11475

We will get to see them early this coming year our 2nd game 9/15

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 21, 2007, 02:10:32 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on April 21, 2007, 01:50:52 pm

We do have a Heisman frontrunner returning for us this year and didn't sniff even 20,000 at our spring game...and we do a pretty good job of selling out most of our games.

You didn't even have 2000...

Silver Hog

They have a real coach.  I'm almost jealous.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: swisshog on April 21, 2007, 02:26:33 pm

He'll be back in the NFL in 3 years..

Silver Hog

20k, hell we didn't sniff the hind of of 2.5k!  All thanks to Nutt, this is the future of hog football.

Silver Hog

How are the ladders handling the crowd noise?

Oh thats right, that is a stupid hooten gag.  Sorry, wrong red and white team.

hogtusk

Quote from: swisshog on April 21, 2007, 02:26:33 pm
They do have great fans. I lived in Alabama when they were going through a down period, didn't seem to effect their love for the Tide. Or,I might add, their hate for Auburn.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Bigfoot

good for alabama! but i don't give a crap how many were at their spring game!!

Bigfoot

Quote from: swisshog on April 21, 2007, 02:28:07 pm

20k, hell we didn't sniff the hind of of 2.5k!  All thanks to Nutt, this is the future of hog football.
hey dude! get out of arkansas if you dont like it boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bomis Hawg

I like the way the Vols do theirs.
Two captains and they draft players then play a game.
But, our depth this time of year doesn't help us.  Thanks, coach.

HOGWILD16

fu-man-soo

i bet if saban was our coach we'd roll out pretty good as well

Bigfoot

Quote from: swisshog on April 21, 2007, 02:30:52 pm
How are the ladders handling the crowd noise?

Oh thats right, that is a stupid hooten gag.  Sorry, wrong red and white team.
dude, what are you doing on here?? really

SPAL

I mean, listen, we talkin' about practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game...we talkin' about practice. Not a game. Not a, not a, not the game that I go out there and, and text during and call every booty call like it's my last. Not the game. We talkin' about practice, man. I mean how silly is that? Man, we talkin' about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I supposed to lead by example. I know that. And I'm not, I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it's important. I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' about practice man. What are we talkin' about? Practice? We talkin' about practice man.  We tal...we talkin' about practice. We talkin' about practice. We ain't talkin' about the game. We talkin' about practice man.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: fu-man-soo on April 21, 2007, 02:45:41 pm
i bet if saban was our coach we'd roll out pretty good as well
It was the nice weather.

joebut18

And this is relevant to what?  Ark beat them this last season....Ark will beat them again this season.  Period.

hogfanwp

Actually I live here and they just announced 90+k

3kgthog

Isn't it amazing how getting a great coach can energize the fanbase? Pretty soon Saban will have Bama as the perennial SEC West favorite and we'll be sucking their exhaust fumes along with LSU.

The rest of the SEC upgrades coaches while we stay content to make the Citrus/Capital One Bowl twice every nine years with the rest of those years filled in with weedeater bowls, back to back losing seasons, and a couple of has-been Cotton Bowls.

gangstaback

.... how can you leave tradition and the weather out of the argument? i woudlnt go to Walmart if it was raining. Not even for food. And tradition? Oh my... if Arkansas had won that many national championships, I would be out there for EVERY practice.

One last thing... I believe they actually played a game. Ours was just a practice. As a follow-up, how bout you find the numbers for how many people went to their last PRACTICE... not their spring game.

hogman64

they fired a coach that was on the same level as Nutt and hired a real D1 coach...........thats what happens...........

Tusks

Could you imagine the Arkansas spring game with Butch Davis as the HC and Gus as the OC with MM and DW still there.

50K easy.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

gomersnerd

Started when they won the championship back in 64. We need to win one and build on it. We have been promised one but it's slow coming.I am not gonna live forever.
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

Trottsky

AP reporting 92,138; BTW Notre Dame had record 51K+ at their spring game.

woodhog14

Quote from: hogfanwp on April 21, 2007, 03:03:15 pm
Actually I live here and they just announced 90+k

My sister was at the game...she said they announced over the loud speaker that attendance was 92,100 and they had to turn people away. She said the crowd roared when they announced the attendance.

HITCHER

judgeroyswine

Obviously, Saban didn't get the word that "touch football" is what you are supposed to do in the spring.  I'll bet he loses all his starters. 
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Bvilleboar

2012 the year of the HOGS

Teebow62

CBS is saying it was over 92,000 and was probably a lot more because they were standing on the ramps and turned others away. It says there could have been 100,000 there.

jabohog

We may not match Alabama at a spring game, and we may not sell out every game, but if we had a Saban caliber coach come in here I bet we would break 50k in the spring game. Everyone would want to see the new offense, defense, and kicking game.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nick Saban draws 70,000+,

Hootie Dale Nutt draws 2,000.

I'd say that's about right.

Nutt = Program Killer.

:razorback:

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

toshortrock

i'm telling u right now,i'm a razorback,but they will beat us next go around
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hogs25

I heard on ESPNEWS that Bama had so many like 92k + that THEY HAD TO TURN FOLKS AWAY because they were filled up.

Ouachihog

I don't care if they had one million there, the ONLY thing that matters is the game in September.  I like our chances. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

wincrimson

10,000 were turned away by the fire marshall b/c the stadium had reached max capacity.  It was like a real gameday!!

Over 100k were in town for the game.

towneofbeverlyhills

I agree...its sad for us, but keep in mind the state of bama has nothing to do especially the loosa...that cud be part of it