Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 was a great year for us at my house.

Started by DeltaBoy, January 06, 2011, 11:48:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Our 4 funds grew a combined average of 12% and after what we took out some to pay for some tutoring for the daughter we gained $30,000 for the year.  So we are nearing the 6 figure in total investments in the market or mutual funds.

How was your 2010 in the market.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

snoblind

21.6% gain on all investment and retirement accts.  I'm loving the moves to PM's and mining stocks at the moment - wish I would have made the jump sooner.  Kept too much in bonds for too long.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: snoblind on January 06, 2011, 12:59:45 pm
21.6% gain on all investment and retirement accts.  I'm loving the moves to PM's and mining stocks at the moment - wish I would have made the jump sooner.  Kept too much in bonds for too long.

It has certainly made sleeping easier.

DeltaBoy

I was thrilled we did as well as we did seeing how squirrelly the US and global markets were in 2010.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.