Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who you got? Ole Piss or The Right Reverend POLL

Started by Pig in the Pokey, July 12, 2017, 10:40:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to win the Nutt vs Ole Miss lawsuit.

Ole Pississippi
35 (11.3%)
Houston Dale
274 (88.7%)

Total Members Voted: 309

Voting closed: July 19, 2017, 10:40:15 pm

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 13, 2017, 05:23:52 pm
I don't give a damn where someone is from...................Disdain for them is equally applied.

Not in my book. I don't like Hooty but I despise Ole Miss much more. I'm just not one to carry hate in my heart for a coach for 10 years. Life is too short for that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 13, 2017, 05:16:18 pm
you know they changed their name to the black bears right?

Of course I do but only a few recognize it.  Certainly not the athletic department, the networks, announcers and the list goes one.  They're still the Rebels to the vast majority of people.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: go hogues on July 13, 2017, 04:10:12 pm
The only downside to watching OM implode is they could be first in line ahead of A&M and Tennessee for Chip Kelly's services.

Then again, maybe Chip will decide he'd rather have the ready made program at A&M as opposed to the dumpster fire in Oxfart.
Kelly wouldn't go to a rat hole like Oxford.

Hawgboy64

Who cares as long as they eviscerate each other. I'm hoping for a real train wreck that's just fun to sit back and watch.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Justifiable Hogicide

cypert2

Got to go with HDN on this one. Can't stand Ole Miss, can't stand "Dixie", can't stand the "Rebels", can't stand the rebel flag, or anything else those peckerwoods stand for. Oh, and I can't stand that bible thumping, self righteous Freeze.
Swinging on the two and the four.

SugarHillGaHog

Ehh.. I chose not to vote.  It's the only winning move.  Sort of like watching ND play Boston College.   :puke:

A tie is the only acceptable choice.  They both can burn as far as I'm concerned.

Sivad

Hootie hanging around Hugh Freeze's neck at SEC Media Days was pretty much a victory right there.

Dark Helmet Hog

Nutt will laugh all the way to the bank on this. OM may try all the standard lawyer tricks to try to get this thing dismissed or thrown out but they will ultimately settle. There is no way they want subpoenas issued or certain people testifying under oath. The NCAA is listening. End game.

The NewEra

There's plenty of evidence that Ole Piss is guilty as sin paying recruits.  As Dark Helmet said, the only way this sees the light of day is if Hootie refuses to take an out of court settlement.  If he's truly out for blood them he'll force them to deposition and that's the last thing Ole Piss wants.  I once thought hiring Houston was the worst mistake the Black Bear Nation ever made.  It may turn out that hiring Freeze topped that.  My guess is Nutt walks away with a large sum of cash and an apology of some sort. 

So far the head honcho's at Ole Miss have not made one right move on this, so who knows what shoe drops next.

GuvHog

Quote from: The NewEra on July 15, 2017, 08:37:46 am
There's plenty of evidence that Ole Piss is guilty as sin paying recruits.  As Dark Helmet said, the only way this sees the light of day is if Hootie refuses to take an out of court settlement.  If he's truly out for blood them he'll force them to deposition and that's the last thing Ole Piss wants.  I once thought hiring Houston was the worst mistake the Black Bear Nation ever made.  It may turn out that hiring Freeze topped that.  My guess is Nutt walks away with a large sum of cash and an apology of some sort. 

So far the head honcho's at Ole Miss have not made one right move on this, so who knows what shoe drops next.

I think Hooty wants more than just money though.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2017, 08:43:59 am
I think Hooty wants more than just money though.

No doubt. He's after his ounce of flesh as well.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GuvHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on July 15, 2017, 09:28:49 am
No doubt. He's after his ounce of flesh as well.

I think he wants to force Freeze out at Ole Miss as well as getting some money.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2017, 09:48:44 am
I think he wants to force Freeze out at Ole Miss as well as getting some money.

That's his ounce of flesh. 

Cinco de Hogo

I didn't vote based on likes, dislikes.  I voted Hootie because he will win something and His lawyer knows it.  Ole Miss will NOT want this to go to court because as of now with the NCAA there is only so much evidence that can be coerced out of people.  In a lawsuit it will be different.  Can you say money grab at its finest!  Hootie will win something and he must be getting close to setting a record for getting paid not to work.

Großer Kriegschwein

It wouldn't surprise me that if Ole Miss gets the feeling that the NCAA will smash Freeze, they will fire him to save face before the final verdict.

Regardless, I think he's gone before the SECCG. The earlier the better for the football program. If I were them, I'd fire him yesterday and hire someone with NO CONNECTION to Ole Miss or the boosters.
This is my non-signature signature.

oldhawg

After this Ole Miss should have learned its lesson about hiring "Reverends."  They would have been better off keeping Ed Orgeron with all his warts.

GuvHog

Quote from: oldhawg on July 15, 2017, 03:12:09 pm
After this Ole Miss should have learned its lesson about hiring "Reverends."  They would have been better off keeping Ed Orgeron with all his warts.

Their biggest mistake was letting David Cutcliffe leave. That was sheer stupidity.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on July 15, 2017, 03:27:03 pm
Their biggest mistake was letting David Cutcliffe leave. That was sheer stupidity.

He did ok at ole miss. Not great, but it is ole miss. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TheRazorback500

I'm a life long Razorback. I can't pick any thing concerning Ole Miss over anything Arkansas. HDN wins the case.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Mike Irwin

Nutt at Arkansas is ancient history. He's not going to be coaching any more players so I could not care less about that now. This fight with Mr. Freeze, however, sounds like fun. Two reverends going at each other.

I didn't do anything wrong. It was you.

BS, it was you.

Who wins? Stay tuned.

247Hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 15, 2017, 03:50:50 pm
Nutt at Arkansas is ancient history. He's not going to be coaching any more players so I could not care less about that now. This fight with Mr. Freeze, however, sounds like fun. Two reverends going at each other.

BS, it was you.

Who wins? Stay tuned.

I will be very disappointed if Ole Miss dumps Freeze before the season ends. So much drama to watch and laugh at and the longer he stays the HC, more damage is being done.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 15, 2017, 03:31:09 pm
He did ok at ole miss. Not great, but it is ole miss. 

He would have done a lot better if they'd given him the facility upgrades he wanted. The then AD refused to do the upgrades and Cutcliffe walked away. Oddly enough, the upgrades happened after Cutcliffe left. The AD that let him walk away was eventually fired.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 09:01:22 am
He would have done a lot better if they'd given him the facility upgrades he wanted. The then AD refused to do the upgrades and Cutcliffe walked away. Oddly enough, the upgrades happened after Cutcliffe left. The AD that let him walk away was eventually fired.

Well he is doing ok at duke except last year.  He might be on the end of his road. 

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 16, 2017, 09:09:52 am
Well he is doing ok at duke except last year.  He might be on the end of his road. 

Yes, he has done very well for a guy coaching football at a basketball first University where football is an afterthought. I have to wonder how much better he would have done at Ole Miss had he been given the facility upgrades he wanted.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 09:27:06 am
Yes, he has done very well for a guy coaching football at a basketball first University where football is an afterthought. I have to wonder how much better he would have done at Ole Miss had he been given the facility upgrades he wanted.

He might have been a little better, but I doubt he would have made them into a power house of any kind. He has one 10 win season and that was with Eli manning. Then followed up that year with a 4 win season.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 15, 2017, 03:01:38 pm
It wouldn't surprise me that if Ole Miss gets the feeling that the NCAA will smash Freeze, they will fire him to save face before the final verdict.

Regardless, I think he's gone before the SECCG. The earlier the better for the football program. If I were them, I'd fire him yesterday and hire someone with NO CONNECTION to Ole Miss or the boosters.
agreed. that was his last SEC media days and I gotta give it to Hooter; this will hasten Freezus' fall.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 16, 2017, 09:39:20 am
agreed. that was his last SEC media days and I gotta give it to Hooter; this will hasten Freezus' fall.

I actually believe Freeze will be gone before the season starts. Since they aren't eligible for the SEC title game or to go to a bowl, they have nothing to lose by canning him and appointing an interim coach from the current staff. Their next recruiting class is pretty well toast anyway.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GuvHog on July 16, 2017, 09:43:43 am
I actually believe Freeze will be gone before the season starts. Since they aren't eligible for the SEC title game or to go to a bowl, they have nothing to lose by canning him and appointing an interim coach from the current staff. Their next recruiting class is pretty well toast anyway.
i dont see how he can be anymore than a dead man walking but why havent they done it yet? they may decide they cant get any worse as far as public opinion by keeping him go all on freezus. He beat Bama twice and won a Sugar Bowl. He is held in higher esteem by them than Petrino was by us here.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Mike_e

Hdn gets a wad of  cash and an apology.

Freeze will be the one apologizing and admitting that it wasn't very Christian of him.

The university will solemnly pledge that they will not stand by such behavior again and will place CHF on notice that should he once again act in such a way that embarrases the university he will be delt with accordingly.  There may be a fine. 

UMiss knows that he's the best they are going to be able to get for some time so they are going to have to grin and bear it and hope the ncaa lets them keep him.

Sorry but those guys are in a bad marriage and are just going to stick it out (at least until the kids are out of school ;) ).
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

hoglady

My vote wasn't based on who I like the best.
I think Nutt is correct - they initially did appear to place most of the blame on Nutt and his staff / and no telling what they've said about him in private to recruits.

I was happy to see Nutt leave Arkansas - but he wasn't much of a cheater - at least, not to the level Freeze has taken it. Ole Miss' NCAA problems are on Freeze much more so than Nutt.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Justifiable Hogicide

Our Right Reverend is pretty bad but Reverend Hugh Freeze is taking it to new levels of hypocrisy.

Hogwild

QuoteSigns that your football program has been under NCAA investigation for almost five years:

There's as many lawsuits involved (two) as the number of SEC games your team won last year.

The previous head coach's best argument in his lawsuit against his former employer is that his 10-22 SEC record in four seasons proves he didn't cheat or cheat well enough in recruiting.

NCAA investigators have set up shop so long in your town they've voted there in the last two U.S. Presidential elections.

The phrase "thrown under the bus" is heard more than "thrown downfield."

Your current coach talks to almost as many lawyers as he does recruits.

QuoteFreeze made his sixth SEC Media Days appearance here Wednesday, and 99.9 percent of the writers in the main media room believe he won't back for No. 7. Most of the scribblers and tweeters in attendance believed the NCAA's alleged Level 1 violations against Ole Miss for lack of institutional control and head coaching responsibility will result in Freeze's dismissal.

It's one of the strangest NCAA investigations in history that began with rules violations by the school's women's basketball coach, who was fired after seven months on the job.

From that point, even a wired Hollywood screenwriter on a cocaine binge couldn't hallucinate the events that transpired to extend the investigation.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/07/dont_count_on_ole_miss_firing.html

PORKULATOR

Quote from: RazorWest on July 13, 2017, 08:28:24 am
pretty sure it's Black Bears
yep... They PC'd up a few years ago. Funny how off his post was.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

GuvHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on July 17, 2017, 07:22:40 am
yep... They PC'd up a few years ago. Funny how off his post was.

Even though they replaced the southern gentleman Rebel mascot with a Black Bear, they still call themselves the Ole Miss Rebels.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2017, 08:22:48 am
Even though they replaced the southern gentleman Rebel mascot with a Black Bear, they still call themselves the Ole Miss Rebels.

As does the rest of the country. 

Sivad

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 13, 2017, 05:16:18 pm
you know they changed their name to the black bears right?
Whatever they are...

swineology

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 15, 2017, 03:50:50 pm

BS, it was you.

Who wins? Stay tuned.

You can't make this ish up

Will be fun to watch

GuvHog

Quote from: Sivad on July 17, 2017, 12:27:57 pm
Whatever they are...

Well done Sivad, well done. I salute the man your username honors.

Michael D Huff AIA

I'm cheering for Nutt.

That may be the only time I've ever said that.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: cypert2 on July 14, 2017, 07:12:56 pm
Got to go with HDN on this one. Can't stand Ole Miss, can't stand "Dixie", can't stand the "Rebels", can't stand the rebel flag, or anything else those peckerwoods stand for. Oh, and I can't stand that bible thumping, self righteous Freeze.

Just how many times did you vote for Hillary in this past election..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Well, obviously Nutter won in the battle vs freezus.  ;D

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 21, 2017, 06:37:39 pm
Well, obviously Nutter won in the battle vs freezus.  ;D

Like Mayweather signing up for special Olympics boxing.
This is my non-signature signature.

popcornhog

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 13, 2017, 04:02:20 pm
Considering the CSA tried to destroy the USA I would figure your affinity for the CSA makes you anti-USA.

Yeah I've never understood the folks who hold the CSA in such high regard. It's the very definition of anti Americana. I do enjoy Civil War history, I just don't wish the anti American terrorists would've won. I much prefer the actual outcome where America persevered through a very bloody and difficult period.
WPS

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: popcornhog on July 21, 2017, 06:45:05 pm
Yeah I've never understood the folks who hold the CSA in such high regard. It's the very definition of anti Americana. I do enjoy Civil War history, I just don't wish the anti American terrorists would've won. I much prefer the actual outcome where America persevered through a very bloody and difficult period.

What if the CSA had won and called themselves Americans?  Would the North still be Yankees?

cypert2

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on July 21, 2017, 12:54:48 pm
Just how many times did you vote for Hillary in this past election..?
I don't know? Probably about as many times as Freeze voted for Trump.
Swinging on the two and the four.

PonderinHog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 21, 2017, 06:41:22 pm
Like Mayweather signing up for special Olympics boxing.
I made this poll because I found myself liking what Nutt was doing a LOT and I never thought I'd see the day he could redeem himself like this. Never thought it was possible. And I aint saying I love the man now, but, i kinda DO! I mean, DAMN< he went Kim Jong ILL on they asses. And even BEFORE he completely nuked Freeze he had a 90% polling on Hogville. That is astonishing! :P

Sivad

Contrary to Houston Nutt's claim for damages, Hugh Freeze has done more to rehabilitate that reprobate's reputation than anything ever has.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Sivad on July 21, 2017, 10:03:53 pm
Contrary to Houston Nutt's claim for damages, Hugh Freeze has done more to rehabilitate that reprobate's reputation than anything ever has.
If you had asked me , "What could Houston Nutt do to redeem himself to you, Ken?" I would have said "There isnt anything he could do. Dude has a lifetime ban with me.

And then I found myself completely elated and loving that Troll! It is an all-time TROLL move! He proved us all wrong. Yeah, completely torpedoing a century long rival's entire football program will do it , Hootie! And we 4th-and-25'd their entire faces in the moment-of-truth; in the payoff moment, with Freezus hands in the air celebrating their SEC Title , the first ever, we took it all away. The Nutt finished them off. It's so freaking perfect! L:EGENDARY! I think our SEC brethern from the Old Guard actually accept us now after these events.