Taggart to FSU

Started by The Hawg Marshal, December 04, 2017, 11:53:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Richard Davenport Retweeted
George Wrighster III‏Verified account @georgewrighster
23m23 minutes ago

Next man up for Oregon.

Willie Taggart to be the next head coach of FSU.

It's still #GoDucks though.
65 replies 257 retweets 176 likes

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

HogPharmer

If we want Kiffin, we better seal the deal now.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SmokinHog

Puts Kiffin in our court, the game continues. I see this as a good thing.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 05, 2017, 12:05:03 am
Puts Kiffin in our court, the game continues. I see this as a good thing.

Unless Oregon wants Kiffin

ADavisTheGOAT

I think Oregon gets Sumlin now.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

SmokinHog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 05, 2017, 12:08:01 am

Definitely the logical hire, and I think he would do great there.

HogPharmer

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 05, 2017, 12:06:32 am
Unless Oregon wants Kiffin

At least it will speed things up. Do it now or don't do it at all.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

3dawghawg

if we can't get Norvell then please get Kiffin. Either one of those would be a great hire.

jackflash

with all the coaching opening haven't heard Kiffin mention much. Makes me wonder why not. I don't think he a good fit for us anybody guess if he can recruit to Arkansas

Hogvillage Idiot

With Kiffin in their own backyard!  Heavens to Betsy!  What is wrong with that administration in Tallahassee?!
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on December 05, 2017, 12:39:42 am
With Kiffin in their own backyard!  Heavens to Betsy!  What is wrong with that administration in Tallahassee?!

He's from Florida (Taggert) and  made a major impression last season at South Florida.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hoglady

Quote from: jackflash on December 05, 2017, 12:29:29 am
with all the coaching opening haven't heard Kiffin mention much. Makes me wonder why not. I don't think he a good fit for us anybody guess if he can recruit to Arkansas

The only logical place in the SEC for Kiffin is us.
Florida knew who they wanted, A&M knew who they wanted, Ms St did, too.
If those schools had lost their top target Kiffin may have been in play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jackflash on December 05, 2017, 12:29:29 am

Not a fan of Kiffin but he recruits at a national level and could easily recruit a top 15-20 class to any SEC program. (Vandy Academics excluded)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ChicoHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 05, 2017, 12:51:47 am
Not a fan of Kiffin but he recruits at a national level and could easily recruit a top 15-20 class to any SEC program. (Vandy Academics excluded)
That's exactly why we would want him.  Recruiting is the name of the game, especially on defense.

Hogsfan1981

Friend of mine is huge Oregon fan....

They had great recruiting happening. Man what a punch in the gut to Oregon fans.

#1 STUNNA

If I'm Oregon I'm going after norvell and Kiffin. Both would kill it offensively their and easier than the sec West.

ThisGuy

I think Willie Taggart is a great hire for them

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 05, 2017, 12:56:43 am
That's exactly why we would want him.  Recruiting is the name of the game, especially on defense.

I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome him would open arms if he were selected.  I fear the initial response would be one extreme vs the other (Love him or despise him) very little grey area by the fanbase and wouldn't be given a fair shake.

Venables seems to be well liked the most and is also a dynamic elite recruiter.

Again any of the remaining top 3-4 (which includes Norvell, Venables, Morris & Kiffin) public candidate's and I'm all in.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2017, 01:11:45 am
If I'm Oregon I'm going after norvell and Kiffin. Both would kill it offensively their and easier than the sec West.

Fans will lose it if one of them goes to Oregon and we get Morris. Or Morris goes to Tennessee and we hire Bret back.

Hogsfan1981

His dream job was FSU.

Like Gus with Auburn.

husker71

puts Kiffin in our court?  Although I doubt if that is the last time we will ever hear Kiffin and court in the same sentence.

Deuce Pigelow

Ive got a friend that's from Oregon and a HUGE Duck fan and they want Norvell. I personally want Venables then Kiffin. But if the PTB want Norvell they better crap or get off the pot

3kgthog

If all these former championship schools keep passing on Kiffin, what does that tell you?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 05, 2017, 02:04:25 am
If all these former championship schools keep passing on Kiffin, what does that tell you?

That they pick from a different pool. However we are in the Chad Morris pool.

So give me Kiffin

SmokinHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 05, 2017, 02:07:38 am
That they pick from a different pool. However we are in the Chad Morris pool.

So give me Kiffin

Hahaha +1

Given our choices, it's not close. And to be honest - given any choice and all, Kiffin would be near the top of my list. Tons of upside.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 05, 2017, 01:16:30 am
  I fear the initial response would be one extreme vs the other (Love him or despise him) very little grey area by the fanbase and wouldn't be given a fair shake.

Venables seems to be well liked the most

That's going to be the case no matter who it is.... not sure Venables is most liked, according to polls I've seen... the uproar would be just as high for him as any other candidate... Imo, we need a coach with HC experience..

bulldog04

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2017, 01:11:45 am
I think Sumlin would do good there

Dominicanhog

Couldn't you say the same about Norvell, Venables, Morris, Strong etc?

The_Iceman

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 05, 2017, 12:08:01 am

That would be a great fit for both. Arizona State is going to kick themselves for hiring that blabbering, washed up idiot instead of Kevin Sumlin.

GuvHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 05, 2017, 05:55:34 am
Couldn't you say the same about Norvell, Venables, Morris, Strong etc?

The other schools didn't pass on Norvell, he passed on them. He's waiting for the Arkansas job.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GuvHog on December 05, 2017, 07:13:03 am
The other schools didn't pass on Norvell, he passed on them. He's waiting for the Arkansas job.

so your saying he's turning down opportunities because he is waiting on our job.. don't think so.. now, if he has already been hired that's different...

hoglady

Well - I don't think you'd ever see Taggart or Jimbo or Malzahn for that matter walking through the door for our job. Those schools wouldn't have hired a single person on our list.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

NotSoFastMyFriend

Sumlin and Coach Wilcox from Cal (an Oregon alum) are on the early shortlist for the Ducks (via USA Today).

Been10Hog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 04, 2017, 11:57:38 pm
If we want Kiffin, we better seal the deal now.
Kiffin will never come here if he has chance to go back to PAC 12 with Oregon

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 05, 2017, 08:34:05 am
Yeah, okay.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Been10Hog on December 05, 2017, 08:34:05 am

agreed...

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2017, 08:42:01 am
agreed...
Show me where he is on the short list by a reputable source in the know oh wait those don't exist anymore lol

Hoggish1

Quote from: 3dawghawg on December 05, 2017, 12:17:04 am
if we can't get Norvell then please get Kiffin. Either one of those would be a great hire.

My first choice is Venables.  We need to play defense in our league.  Brent would know that we need a good O-Coordinator and so would Kiffin, so Lane would be my 2nd choice.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

HoginIllinois

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 05, 2017, 01:18:45 am
His dream job was FSU.

Like Gus with Auburn.

Texas
Auburn
Arkansas
Auburn

Porknoxville

He totally"Punked" Oregon. I lost a little respect for the man. Lane kiffin 2.0

ifghog

Quote from: Porknoxville on December 05, 2017, 09:19:06 am
It's just business. I don't blame him at all.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on December 05, 2017, 12:39:42 am

They want stability.  Taggert will be there for the rest of his career and that's what they want.

Can you say that about Kiffin.

Both would win big but only one would be assured of being Bobby-like.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 05, 2017, 12:59:48 am
Friend of mine is huge Oregon fan....

They had great recruiting happening. Man what a punch in the gut to Oregon fans.

I'm a Seminole fan after Arkansas—man, how sweet!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Porknoxville on December 05, 2017, 09:19:06 am

FSU will have their next coach for a very long time—because that's how it's done there.

Why would you say that about a coach who's destination job is FSU?  If he didn't take it now, it may never be available to him again—his dream job since he always was an FSU fan as a kid growing up in the state...

Hoggish1

Quote from: ifghog on December 05, 2017, 09:25:05 am
It's just business. I don't blame him at all.

It's not just business because Oregon has a LOT of $.  It's about where he wants to be for many years to come.  That's more than business...

Porknoxville

It took Lane failing at his dream job,. Getting knocked down a notch or two to make him a to level head coach. Willie needs to  tank at FSU. It can't be ALL about ME-ME-ME. Jmo

Hoggish1

Quote from: Porknoxville on December 05, 2017, 09:35:16 am
It took Lane failing at his dream job,. Getting knocked down a notch or two to make him a to level head coach. Willie needs to  tank at FSU. It can't be ALL about ME-ME-ME. Jmo

You are forgetting that Taggert has been a coach at three schools before going to FSU (if reports are true).  Taggert was never fired at any of those.

I don't see the comparison.