Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Ball is back!

Started by jbigs77, November 17, 2017, 08:14:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbigs77

I love this team, good team players, and well coached. They can drive, penetrate, draw fouls, shoot the 3. Very entertaining to watch. Been missing this for 20 years. Thank you coach Anderson. And thank you Noland.

hawgrunner

98hogs

jbigs77

We will lose some games. What concerns me is the officiating. We get it stuck in us every year, when it comes to certain teams. Basketball and football, This happens every year since I can remember. IS there anything or anyone that can stop this?

old_school_hawg

This feels awesome. It's been twenty years. I feel rebuilt. Rejuvenated. Go Hogs, WPS!!!
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

jbigs77

We have played 3 very good teams to this point. All at home. Oklahoma is next, on the road. Then maybe NC. My concern once again is the officials. Can we beat the refs and the other team?

Hogwarrior

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 17, 2017, 08:49:51 pm
We will lose some games. What concerns me is the officiating. We get it stuck in us every year, when it comes to certain teams. Basketball and football, This happens every year since I can remember. IS there anything or anyone that can stop this?

Stop what?  Enjoy the ride!

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 17, 2017, 08:14:10 pm
I love this team, good team players, and well coached. They can drive, penetrate, draw fouls, shoot the 3. Very entertaining to watch. Been missing this for 20 years. Thank you coach Anderson. And thank you Noland.

Agreed. Also, ironically, there's no "D" in "Nolan." Haha.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

jbigs77

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on November 17, 2017, 09:28:54 pm
Agreed. Also, ironically, there's no "D" in "Nolan." Haha.
I know. Just wanted to see who pays attention to detail. Good job!

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 17, 2017, 08:49:51 pm
The officiating was tight - for both teams.  The Hogs shot more free throw than Fresno State.  Check the stats.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

STLhawg

010HogFan

Medic821

Some folks wanted to run CMA....😎

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 17, 2017, 09:34:11 pm
I know. Just wanted to see who pays attention to detail. Good job!

Hahaha!
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

hview

Great win against a good FS team!

jgphillips3

It almost feels like the 90's.  Football sucks and basketball comes to give hope.

TexArkHogFan

I don't see how anyone can say we were screwed by the refs.  They shot 25 attempts and we had 38.  That's about normal for a fast paced game, although at times there were some questionable calls.  It was a tightly called game and it's up to us to adjust. The refs were not a factor overall, they just missed a lot of shots mostly because of our defense .  It's what MA preaches, defense turns to offense and is what wins ball games.  I am excited about this team, something for hog fans to cheer about after a dismal football season.  I thought we were going to be a one-two punch with Barford and Macon carrying the load but now I feel there will be several pieces contributing.  I listened to Gafford's post game interview and I like the way he thinks.  When asked what the goal was for this season, he calmly replied, "WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP".  That coming from a freshman with three games under his belt is a pretty bold statement but the way he played last night and when the other pieces start falling together I believe he may be on to something.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Swinefeld

Happy for CMA.  Met him at a camp as a kid and he couldn't have been a nicer guy.  Glad he got signs of turning this thing around.  Hope they can keep building off the good start.

HogFan1973

Excited to watch this team this year.  Anderson is building a great team.

hogsmash12

It's been a long road and we've seen some mediocre basketball, but Mike has it going now.  This team is fun to watch and is going to heal a lot of hangover from football.  Congratulations to Mike and to the fans for the resurgence of Hawgball.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogsmash12 on November 18, 2017, 10:21:19 am
It's been a long road and we've seen some mediocre basketball, but Mike has it going now.  This team is fun to watch and is going to heal a lot of hangover from football.  Congratulations to Mike and to the fans for the resurgence of Hawgball.
Mike Anderson's team has never been mediocre even his worse two worse teams still beat #2 Florida in 2013 and #5 Texas A&M in 2015, always fun to watch just has had some bad luck on the road
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 17, 2017, 08:14:10 pm

Most fun I have had a Razorback bball game in years. This team is fun to watch very exciting. Yes we will lose some games but this team is going to compete against anybody.
Hall, Bailey and CJ Jones play hard on defense and they will get after you. Love it. Bailey is like Watkins in that he does a lot of dirty work that help you win. He scores a lot more but he's always doing something love that guy.

CJ needs more minutes and more shots. Guy is going to really be a bigtime player IMO. Didn't mention Gafford because holy cow he's a beast and everybody will know about him. We have some real battlers who challenge everything and have the athletic ability to compete. This is going to be a great year. I am going to attend every home game I can possible get to.
Saddle up and get to the hill!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Swinefeld on November 18, 2017, 09:07:23 am
Happy for CMA.  Met him at a camp as a kid and he couldn't have been a nicer guy.  Glad he got signs of turning this thing around.  Hope they can keep building off the good start.

I'm very proud of Mike Anderson! He represents himself and this State as well as anyone could. Off the court and on the court. The way he handled the Vitale attacks on Kingsley was perfect. I wish he would punch the old ass in the face.
Took longer than I thought it would but he won't cheat and won't bid for players. He will be here until he retires IMO.

jbigs77

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on November 18, 2017, 09:03:46 am
I don't see how anyone can say we were screwed by the refs.  They shot 25 attempts and we had 38.  That's about normal for a fast paced game, although at times there were some questionable calls.  It was a tightly called game and it's up to us to adjust. The refs were not a factor overall, they just missed a lot of shots mostly because of our defense .  It's what MA preaches, defense turns to offense and is what wins ball games.  I am excited about this team, something for hog fans to cheer about after a dismal football season.  I thought we were going to be a one-two punch with Barford and Macon carrying the load but now I feel there will be several pieces contributing.  I listened to Gafford's post game interview and I like the way he thinks.  When asked what the goal was for this season, he calmly replied, "WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP".  That coming from a freshman with three games under his belt is a pretty bold statement but the way he played last night and when the other pieces start falling together I believe he may be on to something.

I'm really pumped with Gaffords play. I hope he can maintain that or even improve. And I think he will improve. Concerning the officiating comments, I was referring to last years NC and Kentucky games as well as many others over the years. Basketball and football. Officiating over the years has cost us many games, maybe even some NCs.

WorfHog

Hogball came back last year, welcome to the party!