Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There are still, believe it or not, 7-8 wins out there

Started by bigpigpimpin, September 23, 2017, 08:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Not because we are good, but because most of the sec is mediocre to bad. Ole miss is bad. Missouri would give Bentonville high school a good game. South Carolina stinks. We have 2 cupcakes left. Lsu is mediocre. Mississippi state will probably be a shootout.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

johnny cash

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BassinHawg

Well, good thing they are "Hungry", maybe they can put away some cupcakes.

They won't win more than 4 all year.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

WilsonHog

I see New Mexico State, Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri. Maybe South Carolina. I'll say 6-6 at best, maybe 5-7.

Bubba's Bruisers

Um, I'm pretty sure we're the cupcake.  There aren't 7 to 8 wins out there. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogfanmd

Other then mizu and our remaining 2 rent a wins I don't see much hope unless we see vast improvements

Iwastherein1969

we will be favored in maybe one conference game this season, that being Mizzou....and by that time the team may be so beat down by getting beat down that they may be underdogs to Mizzou at Fayetteville
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hawgphat

No.    :-[

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

WorfHog

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 08:47:42 pm
we will be favored in maybe one conference game this season, that being Mizzou....and by that time the team may be so beat down by getting beat down that they may be underdogs to Mizzou at Fayetteville

AA will very likely be out of service by the Mizzou game too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

lakecityhog

As bad as I hate to admit it, I think that we could, COULD, win 6 and 6 with a crappy bowl game assures BB of at the very least another full season.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Yes there are but unfortunately we have a seriously and consistently underperforming coach.  Each year he's been here we've lost 2-3 games we could and should have just as easily won.

Bumbling Bert's sticky fingers are regressing players and I would not be surprised if the team ends up staring at having to win the final 2 games to get to .500
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hawgzinbowlz

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 23, 2017, 08:46:02 pm
I see New Mexico State, Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri. Maybe South Carolina. I'll say 6-6 at best, maybe 5-7.

I agree. 4-8 Is more believable than 7-5.

Ben

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 23, 2017, 08:42:48 pm
Not because we are good, but because most of the sec is mediocre to bad. Ole miss is bad. Missouri would give Bentonville high school a good game. South Carolina stinks. We have 2 cupcakes left. Lsu is mediocre. Mississippi state will probably be a shootout.
You do realize Arkansas is bad too right?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

PonderinHog

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 23, 2017, 08:53:31 pm
As bad as I hate to admit it, I think that we could, COULD, win 6 and 6 with a crappy bowl game assures BB of at the very least another full season.
Truthfully, I'm as sincere as I can be, I worry about Bielema. He has put on at least a buck fifty since moving here and the pressure of the job may get to him. Not trying to be funny either, I'm genuinely worried about the man's health. Bielema almost broke down at today's presser, he was working hard to hold it together.

Bacons Rebellion

There are 7 winnable games out there. Only the two OOC games are pretty much guaranteed. Just because the games are winnable doesn't mean we'll win. The game today was winnable. TCU was winnable. But we don't win. We'll have to go 3-4 in the SEC the rest of the way to go to a bowl, when we can't beat the next worst team  to us in the SEC-West. I'm thinking 5-7 is likely. Perhaps we can sneak another one in, but we should be the underdog in all our SEC games, except maybe Ole Miss, depending on things develop.

tophawg19

Arkansas isn't as bad as the fans are trying to make out . TCU in case y'all hadn't noticed is good . ask ok state . and we were tied till the middle of the 4th which is a lot better than ok st. . The Ag's have plenty of talent and 1 extra game to get it organized . we took them to OT . There are a number of SEC teams that are beatable Mizzou is just bad . ole miss has an up and down defense . So. Carolina , no offense . Lsu is all over the board and no Qb they can count on. Miss St . is Jekyll and Hyde . there is 6 wins out there
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

moses_007

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 08:46:15 pm
Um, I'm pretty sure we're the cupcake.  There aren't 7 to 8 wins out there. 
No there aren't.  I think we finish 4-8.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 23, 2017, 09:06:58 pm
We will see. The conference has never been this bad. Kentucky will finish second in the east. The west is alabama and a bunch of garbage.
You would think this would be our chance to seize the moment of weakness in the SEC West and grab the second slot.  But we are going in the opposite direction.

KennyForAD

You CANNOT win football games with that line.  You just cant.

hoglady

They may be bad - but most save Missouri are better than us.
And I am certainly not counting on Missouri as an automatic win - if there's an inferior team we can lose to no matter what - it's Missouri.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

panhandlepig

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 08:59:41 pm
Truthfully, I'm as sincere as I can be, I worry about Bielema. He has put on at least a buck fifty since moving here and the pressure of the job may get to him. Not trying to be funny either, I'm genuinely worried about the man's health. Bielema almost broke down at today's presser, he was working hard to hold it together.

Then he should step down, walk away, be done.  If he can't handle the job so be it. No harm no foul, it happens.  Have some integrity and quit.

Roaringboar

1. We said the same thing about Texas A&M. "Oh this is a horrible team" "This team is one of the worst A&M teams we've faced" "They don't have the same talent this year they have the last two"......We were wrong. Even a bad A&M team tore us to ribbons. LSU won their game, and Ole Miss has a better win record than we do, so watch who you call "mediocre". South Carolina is 3-1. M-State, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, South Carolina, and I even think Missouri is going win. Missouri is a toss up, but we won't win a single SEC game except maybe that one unless there's some miracles involved. If we can't beat A&M who is undoubtedly one of the lower tier SEC teams, how do we win against the upper tier teams? We can't. We will not finish better than 4-8. I say we go 2-10 because I really believe we will choke against one of the so called "cup-cakes" because this team went from being a contender a couple of seasons ago to a joke today. 

2. Is this what we've been reduced to as Hog fans???? "Oh we can still win a good amount because this is a down year in the league." I mean, this is the problem. We went from being, "We can win a good amount because we're keeping them close" to "Oh, we might win because everyone else sucks...." And the truth is they don't. We just keep trying to come up with hopeful reason to keep Bilema, and truth is we shouldn't.
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Pig Worshipper

code red

LOL.  Did you watch our defense play today? LOL?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hobhog

Spoiler mode for next two years. I'll cling to that.....

tannerstahl

I agree with the OP, I think most reasonable fans would agree that we'll probly be 3-3 after bama then after that it's a crap shoot...I have no doubt we can/could beat ole miss, lsu, Mississippi state and mizzou...every team on the back half of our schedule has many weaknesses and have shown inconsistency just like the hogs have

Imo 8-4 is possible, I think we will be 7-5, and 6-6 is also possible...

But LOOK at the young talent we have....I'm a fan who looks through rose colored glasses and I think the future looks bright :)

WoooPig
i love the hogs....so very very much

hoglady

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 08:59:41 pm

Then he seriously has no business coaching in the SEC.
You may be right - the massive weight gain since coming here isn't normal. 
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

pigmania

Dude, put the crack pipe down and step away from it slowly.

hoglady

Quote from: code red on September 23, 2017, 10:26:30 pm
LOL.  Did you watch our defense play today? LOL?

No kidding.
Most have been ragging on the offense (justified), but they did score 43 points.
That we gave up 50 to an offense as dysfunctional as the Aggie offense is alarming.

cal34

Don't know why but I think he lucks into 7 wins.  They did better after his tearful presser a few years ago.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

GunnerHawg70

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

GunnerHawg70

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 23, 2017, 08:49:31 pm
If you guys watched these other teams play, you would realize I'm not talking crazy. The sec is awful this year minus bama and georgia
I watch a ton of football bro and I believe there's some validity to your point. Every team besides Bama and UGA looked beatable including the Hogs. Now those beatable teams have QBs that can flat out sling the rock and MSU QB Fitzgerald is a Dual Threat. Beatable yes, pedestrian nope. I dig you optimistic outlook but Hogs may be overmatched

jgphillips3

If you are wildly optimistic, there could be 5 wins left.  There are for sure 4 more losses left.  At this point, 5-7 or 6-6 would be reasonable optimism.  Anything more borders on delusion unless a massive, fundamental change happens over the next few weeks.

Qui Gon Jinn

The problem is that we can end up with 3-4 cupcake wins and 2-3 conference wins.  You still end up with 6-8 wins, but few are quality that matter.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Pecos Hog

Quit dreaming - and wake up.   

The teams we will face the rest of the season will likely get better too as we should.  We can depend on some having internal problems and injuries and they might find a way to get worse.  Otherwise, we are in huge trouble for wins.  MO is our best chance but they actually have time and coaching to get better.  All we got is the ability of each player to find a way to get better by themselves and beg their way onto the field if someone above them doesn't get hurt enough to be changed out.  Unless the averaging GODS insist on making us their pet project this season, we got maybe 3 wins left, maybe.  The SEC is getting much better every week.  Sumlin who has problems but knowing talent isn't one of them, may lead A&M to 7 or 8 wins.  Those freshmen will indeed get better.  They don't know they can't so they will.  We got Coach Roadblock.  He cannot evaluate talent, can't improve the talent he has, cannot make decisions on gameday because he doesn't have a clue about the team he has and what they can do.  Cannot hire and keep assistants. And the list goes on and on.