Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are you confident in Arkansas ending the streak vs TAMU this season?

Started by Sweet Feet, May 20, 2017, 12:52:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Kig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 22, 2017, 09:54:03 am
Bielema will be far away from here when that happens.

I know this is part of your mantra, so this is probably wasted typing...but we should have won in 2014 and could have won in 2015.  Happy to bet you a steak dinner the Bielema will beat Nick before either happens. 
Poker Porker

hogcard1964

Quote from: The Kig on May 22, 2017, 10:36:24 am
I know this is part of your mantra, so this is probably wasted typing...but we should have won in 2014 and could have won in 2015.  Happy to bet you a steak dinner the Bielema will beat Nick before either happens.

I hope he does, but the odds are slim.

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.

EulessHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 22, 2017, 10:44:20 am
I hope he does, but the odds are slim.

I purchased tickets... again.

So, we will probably lose... again.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 23, 2017, 02:11:52 pm
Don't be so sure about TCU.  16 returning starters and a fast and quick QB.  We WILL beat aTm though.  It won't be close.  They lost waaaay too many impact players and will be breaking in a new QB.  I see a blowout in big D!

Haven't they been "breaking in a new qb" since Johnny left?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Sed76

The last few guys they were breaking in have torched us so I wouldn't be counting on the whole new QB thing to be to our advantage.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Sed76 on May 23, 2017, 02:54:23 pm
The last few guys they were breaking in have torched us so I wouldn't be counting on the whole new QB thing to be to our advantage.

The "last guy they were breaking in", they weren't breaking in at all. Previous starter at Oklahoma that earned MVP Honors by leading them to a 45-31 win over Alabama in the 2014 Sugar Bowl.
Go Hogs Go!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sed76

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 23, 2017, 03:05:14 pm
The "last guy they were breaking in", they weren't breaking in at all. Previous starter at Oklahoma that earned MVP Honors by leading them to a 45-31 win over Alabama in the 2014 Sugar Bowl.

I remember an awful lot of talk on this board before last years game about how he would be new to the system, not a running guy and things of that nature. Just saying them having a new QB is not a reason to bet the house on Arkansas getting over the A&M hump. Once again I'll be sitting in those expensive seats hoping for the best but expecting to come away disappointed yet again.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Sed76 on May 23, 2017, 03:19:59 pm
I remember an awful lot of talk on this board before last years game about how he would be new to the system, not a running guy and things of that nature. Just saying them having a new QB is not a reason to bet the house on Arkansas getting over the A&M hump. Once again I'll be sitting in those expensive seats hoping for the best but expecting to come away disappointed yet again.

In 24 games at Oklahoma he ran for just under 900 yards (37.5 p/gm) and passed for just over 3400 yards (141.7 p/gm). At A&M in one year he ran for 614 yards (55.8 p/gm) and passed for another 2432 yards (221.1 p/gm). Is a QB that averages 37.5 yards p/carry over 24 games and then 55.8 p/gm over 11 games a great, impact running QB?

Oh, we made him look like Herschel Walker, no doubt about that, but it was more us, than him. Could it happen again? Sure. But when you are breaking in a new QB it usually isn't one who has played 24 games at a major P-5 school before he showed up on campus.
Go Hogs Go!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net