Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The next big thing at QB

Started by Richard Davenport, October 23, 2017, 04:04:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

from inside the state might be sophomore Jacolby Criswell of Morrilton. He's the guy in tomorrow's column.

Clint Stoerner has some strong words about his ability.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7527362/jacolby-criswell

Smashmouth2004

Good arm and what impresses me, he can run!

LJHOG

Quote from: Smashmouth2004 on October 23, 2017, 04:20:11 pm
what impresses me, he can run!
comes in handy when you play QB for Arkansas.

Sho Nuff

Quote from: LJHOG on October 23, 2017, 07:26:28 pm

Haha, true!  We probably need to find out how well he falls down.

311Hog

man that is high praise from Clint

nwahogfan1

Would love to get a QB with some can run and get out side the pocket and make some yards with his legs.  Hard to cover the QB and the WRs once he leaves the pocket.

DLUXHOG

Looks like he's a lock for the Razorbacks!!!!!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Richard Davenport

Quote from: 311Hog on October 25, 2017, 12:35:26 pm
man that is high praise from Clint

Agree. He's seen some good ones.

hawgdavis

Quote from: LJHOG on October 23, 2017, 07:26:28 pm

Made me chuckle but true as of now

OneTuskOverTheLine™

This guy is YOKED too.!! He looks like an SEC DE with his size and speed. You get that dude to lose about 6 pounds of fat and gain another 8 pounds of muscle and he will be unstoppable.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Richard Davenport

I forgot to add that Jacolby is Dre Greenlaw's step-brother.

1highhog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 25, 2017, 01:52:22 pm
Looks like he's a lock for the Razorbacks!!!!!

Why do you think that?

hawgwild child

If this is the kid I'm tbinking about he is very physically gifted. Took my junior high to Russellville last year for a team camp, and never seen a kid in junior high look that physically gifted at that age.  Had a great arm on him. He looked like a SR playing against kids

HornetHog

Just watched him.  Good lookin kid, he does have a lot of tools, but not a future Hog QB (IMO).  Half a step slow and gun sling release that connects mostly on deep fades. Looks pretty, but translates he's not a good pocket guy that slides up and goes to the 2nd and 3rd receiver very well. But what do I know, I am not Clint S! Hope I am wrong.
WPS
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

hview

Clint made his comments based on potential and his arm.

hogginbama

Quote from: HornetHog on November 04, 2017, 06:27:15 pm
Just watched him.  Good lookin kid, he does have a lot of tools, but not a future Hog QB (IMO).  Half a step slow and gun sling release that connects mostly on deep fades. Looks pretty, but translates he's not a good pocket guy that slides up and goes to the 2nd and 3rd receiver very well. But what do I know, I am not Clint S! Hope I am wrong.
WPS

As a sophomore you can't expect being so well groomed they could start at the college level today. I am sure he will improve on all his faults between now and the time he hits a college campus.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Hogs49ers

He does a fantastic job of always keeping his eyes down field, when he steps up in the pocket or rolls out (most young QBs that are athletic look to run in those spots), he is always keeping his eyes down field looking to throw.  I am very impressed.

He also has very good instincts in the pocket and great at stepping up when the pocket is collapsing from the blitz in the video I saw (small sample size though) and that is either something a player has or doesn't have, hard to teach that.
SCREW Vandy!

Richard Davenport

@ArRecruitingGuy
12h12 hours ago
More
2020 QB @JacolbyCriswell was 6 of 13 for 172 yards, 1 TD, rushed 18 times for 195 yards and 3 TDs in @devildogupdates 41-20 win over WC.

jackflash

happy about  him but for me Arkansas needs the next big defensive player biggest need for the hogs

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit