Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AL.com: Auburn is hoping to silence our hostile crowd

Started by dsims2k3, January 15, 2013, 04:15:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

dsims2k3

Quote from: elksnort on January 15, 2013, 06:13:59 pm
Hostile?

Yep. They anticipate BWA to be a hostile environment. I'd consider that to be props.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

elksnort

It's probably been hostile a half dozen times since Nolan left 11 years ago.

1873Hawg

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

cityhog

MikePiazza

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

razorhead94

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 15, 2013, 10:54:44 pm
Over/under on attendance?

I'll set it at 13,000.

No way it's over 13K on a wednesday.  It's pretty sad these days.  The NWA crowd needs to step it up.  I'm driving up from LR to go to the game by the way.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

cardsNhogs

Arkansas may not pack 18-20 thousand in there every conference game like the old days but still average top 5 attendance in the SEC and prolly top 25 in all of college basketball. Hostile might not be a good choice of words but BWA is still a tough place to play. The hogs play good at home and any team would be happy to come away with a victory in that environment. 10-15 thousand isn't up to our standards but that is a packed arena to the likes of Auburn!

jbcarol

This would be their time if they're going to silence the crowd.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hexametaphosph8

I've only watched the second half, but I'm pretty happy with the crowd. They have been loud anytime you would expect. Maybe I just can't remember the 18k days, but this seems better than the average game last 5+(?) years

uncle bubs

Good little article. The fans are great in BWA even when attendance is low. I can't remember the coach, but a year or so ago there was opposing coach who said when BWA has 6,000 people in it he still couldn't even communicate with his team because of the noise level. To me thats pretty awesome.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

Birminghog

"Bud Walton Arena, the massive 19,200-seat arena that Arkansas has turned into one of the nation's toughest environments to play." (quote from the article)

FraggleHog

The announcers last night kept on saying that BWA is one if not the most hostile environment in the SEC. Obviously the outside public is of the opinion that it is a pretty tough environment to win.

I know we're not packing out The Bud these days, but we still have a pretty stellar home record in BWA, 264-66. We currently win 79.4% of our games and we were undefeated in the Bud last year.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

MikePiazza

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 17, 2013, 07:48:55 am
The announcers last night kept on saying that BWA is one if not the most hostile environment in the SEC. Obviously the outside public is of the opinion that it is a pretty tough environment to win.

I know we're not packing out The Bud these days, but we still have a pretty stellar home record in BWA, 264-66. We currently win 79.4% of our games and we were undefeated in the Bud last year.

I would say we are 3 behind Rupp and the O-Dome in Gainesville.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.