Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

According to ESPN bubble watch...

Started by checkraiser88, February 23, 2018, 06:52:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

We could lose out and make it in easily...Am I reading this correct?

"With games remaining at Alabama, at home against Auburn and at Missouri, the Hogs can most certainly improve that projected seed. Better still for Arkansas fans, it's not clear that any combination of losses there would harm that bracket position appreciably."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/bubblewatch022318/strength-big-ten-not-numbers

jst01

I just don't believe that if Hogs don't get at least 1 more win, they will make the tournament. 8-10 in conference and less than 20 wins total. Nope nope nope. Gotta win at least 1.

checkraiser88

Quote from: jst01 on February 23, 2018, 07:17:34 pm
I just don't believe that if Hogs don't get at least 1 more win, they will make the tournament. 8-10 in conference and less than 20 wins total. Nope nope nope. Gotta win at least 1.

Total wins is a little outdated. Vanderbilt won 17 last year and got in. We may have lost to LSU twice but they are still a top 100 team. We have no bad losses on our resume

jst01

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 23, 2018, 07:19:23 pm
Total wins is a little outdated. Vanderbilt won 17 last year and got in. We may have lost to LSU twice but they are still a top 100 team. We have no bad losses on our resume

I've seen Vandy get used as an example dozens of times. I just don't trust the committee to put a team in the tourney that loses last 4 games of the season and doesn't have any remarkable wins. Top 20 teams might get away with it. We shall see tho.

Bacon_Bitz

There's really just not that many bubble teams with better resumes than us. And there's plenty of teams in our range with low reward high risk games left. We have a nice schedule to end the year.

hogsanity

Jerry Palm said before the Hogs game in Baton Rouge there was a chance they could go 8-10 and get in, depending on who the loses were to. IF they lose the next 3 they might have to win one in the sect.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Davidr295

razorback1829

This is not good for the narrative y'all.... LMAO

cram224

Could possibly meet LSU again in the first round in the SECT. If lucky catch Auburn or Tenn in second round. Hate to go into the SECT needing one win.

dsims2k3

Quote from: jst01 on February 23, 2018, 07:34:41 pm
I've seen Vandy get used as an example dozens of times. I just don't trust the committee to put a team in the tourney that loses last 4 games of the season and doesn't have any remarkable wins. Top 20 teams might get away with it. We shall see tho.
Lunardi himself said that rankings doesn't matter to the committee. SMU was snubbed a few years ago and they were a top 25 team.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/smu-snubbed-ncaa-tournament
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

alohawg

Before the Kentucky disappointment I thought they would go 2-2 and then 1-1 in the sec tourney to get in.
We'll see....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PharmacistHog

Well.........hopefully we are in no matter what happens then.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

k.c.hawg

Palm said last night that history shows the line is drawn at having to be 4 games above .500 and be in a strong league. I know people scoff at getting in at say 20/13 but if you try to put 68 teams in, ultimately you get back to the power conferences and teams that are below .500 in league.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.