Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

freshman player of the week - Mary Haff

Started by flippinhogmana, February 19, 2018, 06:17:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

This was based on the first four games, didnt include her win yesterday.

Freshman of the Week
Mary Haff • Arkansas
RHP • Winter Haven, Fla.

In the opening weekend of her collegiate career, Haff has posted a 2-0 record and one save with 19 strikeouts in 13 innings of work. She is holding the opposition to a .089 batting average and has issued just one walk in three appearances. Haff turned in a complete-game performance with strikeouts in Arkansas' season opener against Grand Canyon, retiring 12 of 13 hitters. She entered in the fifth inning of a 2-2 game against No. 21 Utah and earned the win behind six strikeouts and just one hit allowed in three frames of relief work. In Sunday's win over Weber State, Haff preserved the Razorbacks' lead and earned her first-career save. She struck out six hitters and held the Wildcats without a hit over three innings.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

How awesome!!! What a great way to start the season! Congrats, Mary!

flippinhogmana

February 19, 2018, 07:18:42 pm #2 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:42:30 pm by flippinhogmana
the complete game victory is significant in itself, but the kicker I would think would be the relief victory (that and two total in two games) over a ranked team, plus the save over Weber State.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.