Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 01:06:30 pm

CJ Jones

Started by LHHC, February 15, 2018, 07:53:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LHHC

Just curious, what's CJ "Snapchat" Jones 3 pt percentage?

King Kong

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cj-jones-3.html

FYI if you used a search engine you would get a faster answer

The_Iceman

Quote from: LHHC on February 15, 2018, 07:53:25 am

1) Www.google.com

2) "CJ Jones Stats"

3) done

Hawg Red

It's some chump troll.

razorback1829

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 15, 2018, 08:20:57 am
It's some chump troll.

He started an account just come try to stir sh*t up. 1 post.

Big Nasty 34

Not to trash CJ, because he's performing about as expected, but who was the poster that said he would average 18 PPG this year? lol That's a little harder search to find.

Big Nasty 34

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on February 15, 2018, 08:29:35 am
Not to trash CJ, because he's performing about as expected, but who was the poster that said he would average 18 PPG this year? lol That's a little harder search to find.

I think I projected him between 8-10ppg. That looked promising to start, but has faded since.

CJ's weakness is he scores no high percentage shots. No layups, free throws, or put backs. Everything is a jump shot.

LHHC

What's his 3 pt % in sec games?

The_Iceman

Quote from: LHHC on February 15, 2018, 08:37:18 am
What's his 3 pt % in sec games?

Count it yourself you lazy bum.

Big Nasty 34

311Hog

side note i like that CJ is making mid range jumpers since so many are running out on him now. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: 311Hog on February 15, 2018, 08:54:20 am
side note i like that CJ is making mid range jumpers since so many are running out on him now. 

I agree. He has made that adjustment and he is scoring from places other the 3. His 3 or shot is in a serious slump though.

311Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2018, 09:06:17 am
I agree. He has made that adjustment and he is scoring from places other the 3. His 3 or shot is in a serious slump though.

it definitely is, he seems to have a problem shooting it on the road. I know he isn't Hannah's but i liken him to Hannah's avg. defender that plays hard, incredible stroke but took time to develop into a multi level scorer rather than catch and shoot.

if CJ is like Hannah's by his SR year will be a legit threat.

The_Iceman

February 15, 2018, 09:11:16 am #14 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:38:21 am by The_Iceman
Quote from: 311Hog on February 15, 2018, 09:08:10 am
it definitely is, he seems to have a problem shooting it on the road. I know he isn't Hannah's but i liken him to Hannah's avg. defender that plays hard, incredible stroke but took time to develop into a multi level scorer rather than catch and shoot.

if CJ is like Hannah's by his SR year will be a legit threat.

CJ is more of an Anthlon Bell than a Dusty Hannahs.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The bigger question is why would someone come on here for the sole purpose of trolling about CJ.  It wasn't like he was touted to be some star from the moment he came on campus.  He has shown improvement from his Fr to So year and has been a contributor.  Yes he was lighting up non-con play and has come back down to Earth in conference.  Ok so do a lot of players.  He hasn't gotten into any trouble. 

If OP has a problem with CJ please tell us why.  Wait on second thought spend that time googling "Why am I a miserable POS".
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

311Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2018, 09:11:16 am

Yeah i can see that.  Anthlon is such a good kid i remember seeing him at the Fayetteville boys and girls club.

If CJ turns out to be either of these, i would consider that a very favorable outcome for the hogs.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 311Hog on February 15, 2018, 09:31:07 am
Yeah i can see that.  Anthlon is such a good kid i remember seeing him at the Fayetteville boys and girls club.

If CJ turns out to be either of these, i would consider that a very favorable outcome for the hogs.

To be senior year Anthlon Bell, CJ will need to add the off the dribble game thst Anthlon did. It was just enough to free him up for outside shots.

zebradynasty

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2018, 09:11:16 am

Good comparison.

LHHC

Anybody know what his sec % is?

razorback1829

King Kong

Quote from: LHHC on February 15, 2018, 10:00:23 am
Anybody know what his sec % is?

Didn't get the answer you wanted so you changed the question?

LHHC

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2018, 08:35:11 am
I think I projected him between 8-10ppg. That looked promising to start, but has faded since.

CJ's weakness is he scores no high percentage shots. No layups, free throws, or put backs. Everything is a jump shot.

This is spot on.  It is a bit perplexing because of his size and athleticism.  You'd think he'd be able to get to the rim and finish or get fouled.

Beaverfever

For awhile I was thinking he was a lock to be our leading scorer next year but now I'm not as sure.  He seems to be interested in developing an ability to score when his 3 isn't falling which is good to see.  Next season he'll be in the same situation Anthlon Bell was in his senior season where he will be expected to carry the load.  There will be up to six new guards on the roster next year so he'll have to perform if he wants to play a big role on the team.  Big year for him.  I'll be pulling for him.

Randohoggie

Agree with the above that Anthlon Bell is a pretty good comparison.  He epitomizes streaky.  Anthlon never shot over 35% from 3 until his senior year, when he hit 89 of them at 44% rate.

CJ is way more athletic, obviously, but it's his shooting that we need.  Hopefully before he is done, he has a breakout season like Anthlon did.  We will need him badly next year.

k.c.hawg

There are going to be plenty of shots to be had next year. Put in some serious work and get ready to claim some of those. Outstanding free throw shooter, good height, good body. No reason why he cannot be a big part of the plan next year.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

razorback1829

CJ will go en fuego in a game that we need him to soon.

LHHC

Thanks for the info guys!  I finally learned how to google!  Btw he's shooting less than 20% in sec games. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: LHHC on February 15, 2018, 07:53:25 am

CJ must build his game to create his own shoot and more than a open jump shooter or he must transfer.  Lots of athletic scorers coming next year.

hawgball40

CJ needs to gain confidence and take it to the rack strong. We know he can rise and finish, but he seems so timid? I mean during one game, he had a wide open lane to drive and throw it down and pulled up at the last second into a little finger roll. I mean he could have absolutely brought the house down with the dunk but pussed out, i guess he was anticipating the defense and not confident enough in his dunking ability. I get it, the guy is rail thin and probably not strong enough to finish through contact. Still a good find by MA and staff IMO. Maybe by next season with so many minutes up for grab he is able to assert himself and step into a starter role.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 15, 2018, 10:23:34 am
Agree with the above that Anthlon Bell is a pretty good comparison.  He epitomizes streaky.  Anthlon never shot over 35% from 3 until his senior year, when he hit 89 of them at 44% rate.

CJ is way more athletic, obviously, but it's his shooting that we need.  Hopefully before he is done, he has a breakout season like Anthlon did.  We will need him badly next year.
There is some comparison to be had to Bell, but CJ has another gear, and can get up to. His stroke is nice, I think his confidence is the issue because he is missing some wide open opportunities, the good thing is his defense is starting to come around. He isn't solid yet but it's getting better.

hawgball40

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 15, 2018, 10:26:37 am
CJ will go en fuego in a game that we need him to soon.
He already has several times this season? Can't remember what specific games, but i know for a fact he's hit some bombs that sent the fans in BWA into a frenzy. The guy is far from chopped liver.

The_Iceman

Quote from: LHHC on February 15, 2018, 10:14:27 am
I'll have your mom look it up

Go back to geometry class kid.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Kudos to the moderators for moderating now if the admins wanted to drop the hammer on the JA I'd be fine with that as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.