Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PURSE INCREASE STARTING SATURDAY

Started by kingoftherapids, February 14, 2018, 11:56:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

3k to MSW and allowance races
2k to claiming race where claiming price over 30k.

6th year in a row of purse increases

holeinthewall

Quote from: kingoftherapids on February 14, 2018, 11:56:27 am
3k to MSW and allowance races
2k to claiming race where claiming price over 30k.

6th year in a row of purse increases

Just curious why they don't just start the year out with them already higher.  Handle seems on par with last year looking at the tote board.

Russ22

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 14, 2018, 12:23:28 pm
Just curious why they don't just start the year out with them already higher.  Handle seems on par with last year looking at the tote board.
My complete uneducated guess is that there is some formula that involves average race days in a season, handle, & probably a couple of more factors . When they have data for the current season, they can make adjustments. Another thought is that it is better to start at a reasonable number (given history) & increase rather being aggressive and end up lowering purses.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

OaklawnCapper

Quote from: Russ22 on February 14, 2018, 01:21:59 pm
My complete uneducated guess is that there is some formula that involves average race days in a season, handle, & probably a couple of more factors . When they have data for the current season, they can make adjustments. Another thought is that it is better to start at a reasonable number (given history) & increase rather being aggressive and end up lowering purses.

I'd imagine one of those other factors is how well is the gaming room doing.

Russ22

Quote from: OaklawnCapper on February 14, 2018, 01:36:52 pm
I'd imagine one of those other factors is how well is the gaming room doing.
I could definitely see that.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

holeinthewall

The gaming room has a lot more people in it during live meet and they stay all night on Fridays and Saturdays.  Which is why I would think a longer meet would still maintain purse levels.

kingoftherapids

i think at this point a lot of it is a publicity thing. how often do you get on DRF and see that a track in increasing purses?