Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GolfNut57 on 13 Feb 2018
  • Thinking of joining the course as a member. Back in the days of when Cypress and Mt Springs were joined together as one club I was a member from 98-2005 but had to drop for various personal reasons. These days Cypress is usually one of the best conditioned and maintained courses in central AR during the season and I really like their greens.

Right now they are offering a deal where it is $129 + tax ($140+ after taxes) per month for unlimited golf Mon-Fri and cart is included. If I wanted the weekends included it would be $179+ tax per month. Seeing as I work all weekend every week obviously the Mon-Fri would be my best bet. Open play as a non member on a weekday usually runs you $40+ after taxes so it would only take playing 4 rounds a month to come out ahead on the deal.

Thought I would mention this in case any other golfers in central AR were kicking around the idea of joining a club.
  • #2 by Dillar Dog on 14 Feb 2018
  • If I lived where you do I would join.
  • #3 by Jackrabbit Hog on 14 Feb 2018
  • I was a member from about 1999-2004 which, coincidentally, was the only time in my life that my golf was decent.  At the time, I thought it was the best deal in central Arkansas
  • #4 by GolfNut57 on 14 Feb 2018
  • I was a member from about 1999-2004 which, coincidentally, was the only time in my life that my golf was decent.  At the time, I thought it was the best deal in central Arkansas

Back then it was a good deaL I was playing at least once every weekend then and even back then I was spending around $150 a month doing it, sometimes more. At the start I just joined the Mt. Springs side (you had that option back in 1998) for $145 after taxes a month and it included the cart and all other privileges at Mt. Springs. The pool, tennis courts, etc. You could still play at Cypress but I think you still had to pay for your cart over there. Not sure about that last part though.

Eventually I did go ahead and upgrade to the full membership to both courses but that took the rate up to $210 or so per month. Even so it was still a decent deal and I hated it when I had to drop it. Turned out it didn't matter because the courses were both shut down within another year or so.
  • #5 by kingofdequeen on 15 Feb 2018
  • The pro is from DeQueen.  So it's a top shelf establishment.   
  • #6 by GolfNut57 on 15 Feb 2018
  • The pro is from DeQueen.  So it's a top shelf establishment.

Tommy Rutherford?
  • #7 by parallaxpig on 17 Feb 2018
  • Are both courses up and running. I thought one of them went under.
  • #8 by GolfNut57 on 17 Feb 2018
  • Are both courses up and running. I thought one of them went under.

Both have been up and running for a good while now. Cypress re-opened first, I believe it has been 4-5 years ago now. and Mt Springs opened maybe a year later. They did have a recent event where they were closed for maybe a couple weeks? But then some of the property owners there took over by buying it themselves and reopened it.

My memory is a little foggy on the specifics but I think I am fairly close. One of the board members here, who has been absent lately lives out there I think and would know more about it.

Anyone seen Roothawg lately? I think that is his screen name. Or has he gotten good enough to join the mini-tour yet?  ;)
  • #9 by root_hawg on 19 Feb 2018
  • No had to have some reconstructive surgery so golf has taken a bit of a hit.

Both courses are open.  Full memberships are $180 for either.  In the $180 for the front, it does include all the range balls that you want to hit.  The front has a swimming pool and a full service restaurant as well.
  • #10 by GolfNut57 on 20 Feb 2018
  • No had to have some reconstructive surgery so golf has taken a bit of a hit.

Both courses are open.  Full memberships are $180 for either.  In the $180 for the front, it does include all the range balls that you want to hit.  The front has a swimming pool and a full service restaurant as well.

The $180 on the back course gets you the range balls also. Plus you get to play the "partner" courses too at a discounted rate. (Pay cart fee only)
Pages:
Actions