Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we win 4 out of the last 5 then we are a 7 seed

Started by checkraiser88, February 13, 2018, 08:23:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

With even potentially getting to a 6 seed in the sec tournament

onebadrubi

I have been hoping football would expand the playoff!

ricepig

ShadowHawg

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2018, 08:26:46 pm
Such an accomplishment.......

Yes it would be. You would be head over heels with giddy excitement if the football team closed out the season by winning four out of five. Don't hate. Congratulate.
Hogs up! Covid down!

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

checkraiser88

jst01

I just can't see the Hogs winning at Bama or Mizzu. Win home games and either of those away games would be gravy.

ricepig

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 13, 2018, 08:34:31 pm
Yes it would be. You would be head over heels with giddy excitement if the football team closed out the season by winning four out of five. Don't hate. Congratulate.

The original premise was that it would make us a 7 seed in the SEC tournament, that wouldn't be much, with as much talent as this team has a 7th seed in the NCAA would be better.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2018, 08:47:54 pm
The original premise was that it would make us a 7 seed in the SEC tournament, that wouldn't be much, with as much talent as this team has a 7th seed in the NCAA would be better.

If we win four out of the last five, no way are we a 7 seed in the SEC tournament. We are easily top four because that would put our conference record at 11-7 and would be huge considering how we stumbled out of the gate.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ricepig

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 13, 2018, 08:51:09 pm
If we win four out of the last five, no way are we a 7 seed in the SEC tournament. We are easily top four because that would put our conference record at 11-7 and would be huge considering how we stumbled out of the gate.

It's what the OP wrote, I was replying to that.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2018, 08:54:21 pm
It's what the OP wrote, I was replying to that.

I know. Although I quoted your post I wasn't trying to rebuttal you. I was only poking at you in fun but my bad for not clearly implying that in my post.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ricepig

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 13, 2018, 08:57:41 pm
I know. Although I quoted your post I wasn't trying to rebuttal you. I was only poking at you in fun but my bad for not clearly implying that in my post.

Ok, if we win 4 out of the next 5, then I'll have confidence we can actually do something in the Big Dance.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2018, 09:01:11 pm
Ok, if we win 4 out of the next 5, then I'll have confidence we can actually do something in the Big Dance.

Me too brother. Me too.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Sharky

I like how we sweep the bottom three teams in the league and now we are almost invincible.

traffordhog

Would you rather lose to the bottom three?  Many on here predicted a loss tonight, even more so after learning Andy Kennedy was done.  If you don't like the coach, ok, but at least be a true fan and root for the team.

onebadrubi

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 13, 2018, 08:34:31 pm

Can't really look at it this way since the football team doesn't play 30+ games.  5 games is the equivalent of 2 games percentage wise and if you go by weeks, so you are saying win the last 2...

But you are a staunch blinded defender of anything Mike.  So nothing to see here anyways.   

onebadrubi

I have confidence we could win out and still change back to a lineup that gets us killed for long stretches for either the SEC or NCAA tourney. 

Hogginintheville

Quote from: jst01 on February 13, 2018, 08:47:44 pm
I just can't see the Hogs winning at Bama or Mizzu. Win home games and either of those away games would be gravy.

If we sweep the next 3 at home there is no way we don't win one on the road to close.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2018, 08:47:54 pm

I think the OP meant we would be a 7 seed in the NCAA tourney.  We'd finish higher than 7th in the SEC by winning 4 out of 5.

HognitiveDissonance

Love those road wins. Good win tonight, hate to see 'must win' but it was close to that. They got it done and looked good doing it. Good effort.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jst01 on February 13, 2018, 08:47:44 pm
MAn, I just REALLY want to beat Mizzu. I'm starting to hate them more then any other SEC team. They have stolen our mid of the pack luster.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

pigsooie1000

we would easily be above that, we would be a 5 I think. those would be 4 elite wins

Cavtastic Voyage

Quote from: Sharky on February 13, 2018, 09:12:40 pm
I like how we sweep the bottom three teams in the league and now we are almost invincible.

This x1000, realistic expectations 2 of the  next 5, 3 would be phenomenal

texas tush hog

Does everybody still hate Mike? Will they if we go 3-2 down the stretch? How about 4-1?

Großer Kriegschwein

aTm just lost.

So that means they'll come to BWA and have a career day. Set all kinds of records.

Or so that has been the case with other teams.

This is my non-signature signature.

AirWarren

18-8. 7-6

Fire mike!!!!!!! Bring in the big name!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sarcasm off now)

hawgfan4life

I hate how we lose to good teams and we are pitiful and have a sorry coach that can't recruit.

Ever notice early in the game, sometimes the first minute, that fans throw in the towel for the game, start on the coaching, and belittling players?  I will take exuberant fans over those everyday. 

davril98

I had to login so I could say I'm lol-ing at this!

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 14, 2018, 06:53:13 am
I hate how we lose to good teams and we are pitiful and have a sorry coach that can't recruit.

We've lost to LSU twice (one was a blowout at Home) and to Mississippi State. Winning just 2 of those 3 would put us in 2nd place, with 3 of those putting us a .5 game out of first.

hogwildjoshua

On the opposite end of the spectrum, if we lose 4 out of the next 5 we will be a #1 SEED...
...in the NIT  :puke:

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 08:32:52 am
We've lost to LSU twice (one was a blowout at Home) and to Mississippi State. Winning just 2 of those 3 would put us in 2nd place, with 3 of those putting us a .5 game out of first.
That's exactly what I was thinking lately. The LSU home game and Miss St road game are killing us right now.
Instead of 7-6 we would be 9-4 and looking very good.

Hoggish1

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 13, 2018, 08:23:18 pm
With even potentially getting to a 6 seed in the sec tournament

Winning that many out of five would blow my mind...